posted
Total Posts
show more
UndeadCapulet
chekk:

general
add colours
maybe some kiai as well would be nice

your diffs have entire sections that were copypasted and flipped, which is really dull to play and not seen as rankable by any bn nowadays. please remap the second choruses with arranges that even a little bit differ from the first choruses, i unfortunately can't help you until this happens

collab
use soft normal for lfj's part bc jesus
same for 02:45:297 to 02:54:890 or so
^this applies to all diffs i guess

and maybe tone down the normalwhistle in love's part since the other choruses don't have that much

uh maybe nc the 00:18:611 (6) - , 00:29:774 (6) - sliders since it's the same synth as the next 2 spammed nc's

00:49:134 (5) - remove whistle?

prob nc 00:59:250 (2) - since it's the start of the next hypermeasure, or nc 00:59:599 (4) - since it's kinda the stronger thing there idk

01:03:436 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - these squares are a big diffspike compared to the rest of this kiai

01:33:960 (4,5,1,2,1,2,3,1) - all the actual synth beats are on red ticks here, putting the sliderheads on white ticks is a weird clicking rhythm for this part of the song, rly think you should redo this rhythm

mapping the 03:24:018 - beat would be lovely

w/ev
you can call me back after you've fixed your second choruses and i'll come check your diffs again proper, i'd like to help push this forward but my hands are tied atm
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Yeah lmfao I'll do that at some point.

It was okay in maps in the past but as I'm sort of getting on people for doing that kind of shit in their current maps, I have to update my maps to match the times.

I've been so god damn busy but I can probably squeeze it in tomorrow

thx 4 moddin tho I'll fix it up asap
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
before anyone says anything the diff spread doesn't suck lmfao it's essentially equidistant from 1.86 - 3.01 - 4.17 it just looks really huge because the Hard has an extra star because of the .01 lmao

Fixed everything the cap master said except jonathanlfj's part which he was like "ya whatever lmao" and the whistles which he was also like "yeah it's fine"
UndeadCapulet
what year is it
Monstrata
Not necessary to have cdfa in tags, but reditum should be there.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
God fucking dammit Monstrata

But you're right I uploaded this when I was Reditum so I had cdfa lmao.

I'll fix it during the next BN check
anna apple
woof

MaridiuS
ohh that collab is so lit
MaridiuS
OH GOD THE COLLAB IS SO GOOD

edit: Okay do you need a second BN or you already have one?
Noffy
Hello, metadata team here

Romanised artist needs to be "Aya Hirano"
this can be seen as her preferred romanisation across her website and several albums
http://ayahirano.jp/profile/
If there was something official I missed relating to this song which shows that "Hirano Aya" is also acceptable, please let me know.

Otherwise, please fix this and call UndeadCapulet back to rebubble.
Nevo
CDFA is <3
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

MaridiuS wrote:

OH GOD THE COLLAB IS SO GOOD

edit: Okay do you need a second BN or you already have one?
No please be my second BN lmao I'm a man in need of a rank.

EDIT: Went ahead and fixed the metadata and I went ahead and fixed the tags too so I don't forget
winber1
UndeadCapulet
starting off bn strong
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

winber1 wrote:

please explain this
winber1
what's there to understand
Love
jonathanlfj
what the
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
frick
Frostmourne
hi
MaridiuS
[General]

Can you somehow make the storyboard wide screen? Its kinda meh when you see the same BG transformed into a square when you put in storyboard.

[Collab]

Okay so I know the rhythm is not what the current meta is used too, but there are some specific patterns that have really questionable rhythm imo.

1. 00:50:878 (1,2,3,4) - It'd be cool to make this be the same rhythm like 00:48:088 (1,2,3,4) - since they're essentially the same musically.
  2. 01:06:750 (8,1) - Okay so this is also one of the parts where older mappers used to prioritize white ticks over everything even though the red tick is a cymbal + vocal. You should simply ctrl+g the rhythm.
  3. 01:07:884 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - 5 and 7 are overmaps now I see why I disliked this pattern in gameplay more than i should. Rhythm suggestion: https://i.imgur.com/i5qD9Xe.jpg
  4. 01:41:111 (1,2,1,2) - You should make the (2) be stacked on (1) sliderend in second pattern for consistency.
  5. 02:03:436 - wtf love's part is godmod?
  6. 02:37:623 (1) - Hmm you should make it like 02:36:925 (5,6) - since the sliderend is even stronger than the sliderhead or the 02:37:274 (6) - .

02:56:460 - Generally I think you should buff this part a bit since it's the last chorus but easier than previous ones. Things to consider is mostly spacing since I like the rhythm variation from previous parts:
  7. 02:59:250 (1,2) - make these jumpy
  8. 03:03:262 (3,1) - saem jumpy idea
  9. 03:10:064 (8,1,2,3) - Idk some more jumps here, maybe make the slider into 2 circles.
  10. 03:14:425 (4,5) - Mostly more spacing here and there where there are circles are my suggestion. This vocal is too strong imo for a small jump :/
[Insane]

Can you pls make it od7, od6 is just ridiculous and doesn't do anything when everyone is acc master in 2k18 xd.

1. 00:54:890 - Ugh please use a circle here, it makes no sense to ignore a loud vocal like that when you are following vocals primarily. 02:10:239 - 03:03:262 - Same
  2. 00:58:727 (4,1,2) - I love these pseudo blankets, so sweet (this is a praise).
  3. 01:16:867 (4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5) - This is too big of a spike. You should make 01:17:041 (5) - into a 1/1 slider instead 3 circles because frankly I don't see a difference between this and 01:16:343 (3) - musically. That will lower the rhythmic density and the large square will be more playable. However, I still recommend scailng the square by like 0.95x xd, and for christ sake make it a perfect square.
  4. 03:14:425 (6) - Since there's no vocal here you shouldn't map it like you didnt in 02:11:111 - 02:22:623 - and other examples.

I'd appreciate for you to recheck by your own all hitsounding inconsistencies that might happen to all maps, I've found this so fast and there are probably much more. It's too exhausting and boring to search for missing or missused hitsounds especially if it happens often.
  5. 00:28:553 (1) - Add whistle for vocals?
  6. 00:36:227 (5) - 01:16:692 - 01:17:390 (7) - Claps for snare?
  7. 01:59:774 (3) - Finish for cymbal like 01:58:378 (1,1) -
  8. 02:10:413 (1,2) - finish finish?
[Hard]

1. 00:34:657 (2) - https://i.imgur.com/NLtJc1G.jpg uhm you should really use something simpler, the current shape is just wtf.
  2. 00:42:855 (2,3,4) - blanket zz
  3. 00:50:529 (7) - I don't recommend ending on such a prominent beat while starting the slider on a random snare. https://i.imgur.com/2AB7d6I.png this rhythm should follow the vocals much better. I just don't understand the blatant vocal ignoring (goes to the red tick too) when its seems like your primary focus was vocals.
  4. 00:53:320 (1,2) - The rhythm here should be repeated on all similar parts musically like 00:54:716 (4,1) - because it simply follows the vocals actively on point. The other two examples just end on a stronger beat than they start, players follow the rhythm by clicking, not holding.
  5. 01:14:948 (1,2,3) - Okay this is just tryharding not to make a pretty pattern, just stack the (3) on (1) and fix the blanket lol.
  6. 01:57:855 (1,2) - I don't see any appeal in doing random overlap like old maps randomly do. I think you shouldn't take things that were deemed bad from older styled maps and have no place in the current modern meta. Just do this https://i.imgur.com/ZLdSWDh.jpg
  7. 02:05:181 - I also don't see any positives of ignoring vocals which is the layer you primarily follow... 02:10:239 - same to this and similar red ticks, especially since you follow it sometimes like here 02:08:669 (1,2,3) - .
  8. Stuff repeats in the map.
[Normal]

As a bottom diff it has 50 circles vs 200 sliders that's 1:4. Sliders are harder to grasp for newer players because they require holding and dragging to a predestined speed. They are especially when the map has complex and variable rhythm like 00:50:878 (1,2,3,4) - where you follow vocals but (4) doesn't start on one. It becomes quite confusing and hard for new players. Examples in where you can make a slider into circles:
  1. 00:30:471 (4) - You can make this into 2 circles instead, one on sliderend and one on sliderhead timing.
  2. 00:49:309 (3) - you can make this into 1 circle because the sliderend isn't that important.
  3. 01:02:041 (1) - You can make these notes into 2 circles instead.
  4. 00:42:157 (1,2,3,4) - Not related but you should do something like this to emphasize the vocals https://i.imgur.com/EDRFFy2.png
There are a lot of places where you can find out by yourself to be ideal into making more circles, or you can just make an easy diff with little sliders as the lowest diff.
Love
02:33:611 (1) - take that nc out for me, forgot

also

Love wrote:

You are one step closer to completing your beatmap!
sahuang
NO CRYO
_handholding

sahuang wrote:

NO CRYO
NO LOVE
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
Abridged version of reply.

Normal:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna go ahead and vouch that normal level players aren't retarded so they can probably handle sliders.
00:49:309 (3) - it's the word lmao it's literally the word hina. It's also introducing that 3 1/2 slider pattern that' dominates this section.
00:50:878 (1,2,3,4) - This is done like this because of the consistent pattern. It'd be more confusing for me to STRICTLY follow the vocals here because that's a lot more subdivision I'd have to throw in there. This 3 1/2 slider pattern has been present in the map quite a few times, so by the time players get here, they have the ability to be able to read this and understand what it means. Plus, (4) still lands on a strong beat so it's not like it's not linked to anything.

Hard:
00:34:657 (2) - man straight lines are really fucking scary.
02:05:181 - the main thing here is that I kind of don't want to STRICTLY follow all of the vocals for spread reasons. Insane and collab are pretty strict with their vocal following, so this is simplifying the rhythm so it's not just "insane with less spacing"

Insane:
03:14:425 (6) - For keeping the flow going I'm keeping this. Especially on the end of the map, the gap in between patterns works a LOT less effectively than it would in the earlier parts.

Collab:
01:06:750 (8,1) - I think the end of the pattern is a little more effective in creating that emphasis rather than the beginning of (1). It's a nice triangle shape and you're like "BMMM" and then (1) is sort of an unimportant leading sliders into the next big jump pattern thing.
01:07:884 (5,6,7,8,9,1) - this is called a stream and it's meant to go with the drums that are going like "BDBDBDBD" I put some tom drums on there to hopefully make this clearer.
01:41:111 (1,2,1,2) - They're different pattern so I don't really see the need to stack them. If they were related and symmetrical than yes but other than rhythmic phrasing they're not super related. Additionally moving (2) would screw up (3) and I think for aesthetic and playability purposes, I'd rather have (2) be off than (3)
02:37:623 (1) - asked him he was like "nah lmao" so lmao
02:56:460 - So this is kind of more of a stylistic thing where the end of a CDFA Collab is a slider-based sort of ending that let's people sort of jump around and relax rather than have to spend the last of their energy with streams (see https://osu.ppy.sh/s/19532 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/74652 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/148609 https://osu.ppy.sh/b/83603

I'll upload it in a bit I'm gonna get some second opinions from some of the collab mappers but I'll post here when I update
Love
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

Get ready
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
map is graved
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
nvm

pardon me saying fuck a lot, i have a speech impediment and saying fuck helps me not stutter lmao

At some point I'll put timeline links to each point but rn im cookin so
MaridiuS

CDFA wrote:

nvm

pardon me saying fuck a lot, i have a speech impediment and saying fuck helps me not stutter lmao

At some point I'll put timeline links to each point but rn im cookin so
I want to die.

Edit: Okay so uhm when I said stuff repeats in hard I meant for you to recheck things that musically repeat in anything after 2:05 or something that you changed in similar musical parts before.

01:57:855 (1,2) - for this in Insane you already fixed it but went through in the video looking at 6 and 7 for some reason xd

So ask those pro BNs and uhm at least you can try remapping a bit to see if it fits your liking (related to colllab). And please do recheck the hitsounds in depth in all diffs for missing hitsounds. When you do call me back.
HabiHolic
Hard diff 01:15:646 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - that one? Hmmmm... i think that is no problem

that so many use hard diff patten

ex) "Flourite's Hard" patten..

Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
eventually
Zero__wind
ok when
oops new page
Love
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
the verdict is in cheesiest part doesn't suck
MaridiuS
Uhm hitsounding still hasn't been looked in depth, for example raiku part is missing plenty of finish hitsounds on cymbals.
01:16:692 (1,1) - you can also do claps here in collab.

02:13:029 (1) - missing finish
02:22:971 (1) - missing finish etc, just take a second look at all difficulties specifically for finish hitsounds.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
well man it's like the collabers did different styles of hitsounding
MaridiuS
No man they accidentally skip them, its kinda obvious since they do it on other spots identical to the ones missing.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
i did it
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
hurry
show more