forum

[resolved] Is your dash stuck in CtB?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
We have noticed that several users have suffered from a problem where their mouse will get stuck in the pressed position while playing Catch the Beat mode, making them unable to stop using the dash and interfering with gameplay. If you are afflicted with this problem, please try the following:

1. Restart osu!. Quick and easy to do, and may solve the problem.
2. Try closing some background programs. It's possible that an external
3. Restart your computer. This fixes quite a few issues, so it's worth a shot!

If you've followed these steps and are still suffering from this problem, please post in this thread with as much detail about your computer and osu! settings as possible.

edit:

peppy wrote:

I didn't realise this was still happening. I have still been unable to replicate this locally. Could anyone having this issue please state what operating system they use, and what language they have it set to. I think this may stem from either a windows update, or a language input system of some kind.
On the flipside, if you have this problem and manage to fix it, via one of the steps above or something entirely different, post here as well saying how you solved the problem! You might help out someone else.

User-Submitted Solutions
  1. Disable Zune, if you have it running.
GonRiv
Explain the issue you are having:
Everywhing started when peppy did the visual upgrade of Osu's Main menu. I tried to play a song, (i'm a ctb player btw) i notice that the x2 dash was always on, so i check if Shift was stuck, but nothing, so i tried after that restart osu, and nothing, then i reinstalled it, and nothing, so, i restart my pc, run osu, and then the problem was gone, just for a few minutes, then it came back, and i can't play anysong because of that.

It's not reproducible, at least, no that i think

The weird thing is that, the mouse click only gets stuck when i try to play a song, but in the main menu, it is normal. Maybe it have to do with the way that osu handle the song at the moment of play?

I hope someone can help me.

TheVileOne
This issue only affects certain users. We don't know why it happens unfortunately. You can try reinstalling your input drivers and settings. No guarantees it will help. Answer these questions first. I want to eliminate the possibility that this is related to driver settings or hardware. What input device do you use? Does this behavior happen if you don't have mouse/tablet drivers active? Does it happen if your keyboard is plugged in?
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
All posts before this one were merged in from previous threads about the issue.
Marcin
How about gathering list of processes running on computers of people having this problem? Because I think it would be related to some program running in background, causing this.
Topic Starter
MillhioreF
I'm not sure there's an easy way to dump a list of processes from vanilla Task Manager. If there is though, that'd be great.
peppy
I didn't realise this was still happening. I have still been unable to replicate this locally. Could anyone having this issue please state what operating system they use, and what language they have it set to. I think this may stem from either a windows update, or a language input system of some kind.
pielak213
­
Kypria

GonRiv wrote:

Explain the issue you are having:
Everywhing started when peppy did the visual upgrade of Osu's Main menu. I tried to play a song, (i'm a ctb player btw) i notice that the x2 dash was always on, so i check if Shift was stuck, but nothing, so i tried after that restart osu, and nothing, then i reinstalled it, and nothing, so, i restart my pc, run osu, and then the problem was gone, just for a few minutes, then it came back, and i can't play anysong because of that.

It's not reproducible, at least, no that i think

The weird thing is that, the mouse click only gets stuck when i try to play a song, but in the main menu, it is normal. Maybe it have to do with the way that osu handle the song at the moment of play?

I hope someone can help me.

Same for me.
strangely, we have the same PC, GonRiy and me.
Rorona
There was a post a while ago about this problem, and it being related to Zune.

I don't quite think the problem is actually Zune though, but in my experience, when I plug my phone into my computer (which opens up Zune), the osu! client doesn't do anything out of the ordinary, assuming that the osu! client was already open.

If the client wasn't open beforehand, but instead after Zune is opened on the computer, even if the Zune process was closed before opening the client, the dash is stuck until i restart the computer.
GonRiv
I'm not sure but, i think it maybe caused by League of Legends Air Client. Today i restarted my laptop for play osu since a friend came by at my house. He play osu quite long time. Like 2 hours, and yet, the dash wasn't stuck, when he left, i open League of Legends BUT i didn't start a match, i just opened the client to see if a friend was logged on.
I wanted to play osu again since my friend played with no problems so i close the League of Legends Air Client, and opened osu, the dash was stuck, and if i think correctly this problems beguns when i started to play League of Legends... i don't know if this have something to do, but it seems very suspicious...

(Sorry for bad english btw)

EDIT: When the problem was gone after restart osu two or three times but still i think it have to do with LoL Air Client.
Satomame
I have had this problem twice so far. Both times, I was able to fix it by removing my touchpad driver,though I have yet to understand how this is related to the issue (as simply deactivating the touchpad doesn't do anything to solve the problem).
The driver is called "Alps Pointing Device" and I'm using an Acer Aspire model.
t/138831
AndyPertamax
I can never get this to be fixed :(

This sucks since I can no longer play CTB properly.

I tried enabling/disabling mouse/touchpad, restarting, still no luck. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64bit
MyrianThief
For me this happens whenever I close the game and attempt to restart it. I have to log off/restart my pc before the dash becomes unstuck. Even if I don't run any other programs and just osu! it still has the dash bug.
Mylamx
The same thing is happening to me right now. I did all 3 steps and I still have the dash bug.
AstralPhnx
I had this once but I think the problem may be that cap locks is on making osu think that your holding down shift. Try turning caplocks off and restarting osu.
peppy
I have a pretty good idea as to why this is happening. I need a supporter who can replicate this to contact me (after they have replicated it).
Rorona
Want me to try to replicate it on the test client?

Edit: I mean it's happening to me on the normal one.
Marcin
Run osu!test.exe and try to replicate, and then write to peppy and ask him what he wants to do.
peppy
Yep, please PM me on in-game chat if you can replicate (when you have some time and are online).
peppy
Fixed in next release!

peppy wrote:

Fixed in next release!
I hope this will fix t/151380 too
Marcin
Mostly likely should from what I've read about issue.

Marcin wrote:

Mostly likely should from what I've read about issue.
Nope, just happened again to me.
That issue is still not fixed and seriously needs a check
Marcin

119410501 wrote:

And you have been checking on LATEST test build?

Marcin wrote:

119410501 wrote:

And you have been checking on LATEST test build?
Yes
TheVileOne
Keep to the other thread then. It is not related to the dash.