forum

What is @2x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akani
i downloaded the skin template but What is @2x ??
OsuMe65
@2x elements are High Definition elements

this usually appear when the screen resolution is too big for the standard definition elements (without the @2x) to display.
boat

OsuMe65 wrote:

this usually appear when the screen resolution is too big for the standard definition elements (without the @2x) to display.
No, this is a user definable feature if you want higher resolution sprites.
Xiao_old

boat wrote:

OsuMe65 wrote:

No, this is a user definable feature if you want higher resolution sprites.
@2x files are automatically used in place of the regular files when the resolution is raised past a certain point. I don't remember what the cutoff is; I think it's for anything 1600x900 or higher. If there's a manual way to enable the @2x sprites without playing on an "HD" resolution then I am unaware of it.
MLGnom
To active High resolution sprites you need to use resolution that have 800 or more height or you can do this manualy in your <user>.cfg file by finding and changing "HighResolution : 0" to 1
Xiao_old

MLGnom wrote:

or you can do this manualy in your <user>.cfg file by finding and changing "HighResolution : 0" to 1
well fuck

now i feel stupid
Zerer_old
Are @2x files also supposed to literally be twice as big as the regular files, or would the max resolution suffice?
MLGnom
Yes, they must be twice as big as standard version. Hitcircle have 128x128 so hitcicle@2x must be 256x256 and I'm pretty sure there is no exception.
Kitsunemimi
They must be twice as big (two times the length, as well as width, effectively four (2^2) times as big) to have proper scaling ingame.

EDIT: I am a slow kitsune.
Zerer_old
Alright thanks, are they also mandatory or just recommended?
Luna
They are optional