forum

Ваши мнения о "Соседние страны / региональный ранкинг

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
Я плохо пишу по-русски, поэтому извините, напишу на английском. Надеюсь, все будет понятно. (Spacibo, sourcreammarky)

If anybody feels like translating this entire thing into Russian then feel free to. I would highly appreciate it)

Hello, #russian. As I'm assuming majority of you prefer to lounge around here rather than in GD, I'm making a thread for this here as well.

I'm looking for opinions regarding grouping smaller countries into so called "regional rankings" in order to increase competition within smaller sectors (more in detail information about it can be found here p/2438955 ). This will most likely not be the case for Russia itself, but for the many Russian speaking and general "Balkan" countries.

I would like to know which of your countries would fit together under one region, and also some reasoning as to why. This is important to know as it may replace your separate country ranking as a whole, and as such it would be important for as many opinions as possible. As for grouping some countries with Russia, this is a possibility but I do not yet know Peppy's input on it, so keeping the smaller ones as one and separated from the major ones would be preferred.

Due to confusion, to make it clear, this is to replace this current "Country Ranking" filter with a "Regional Ranking" one for the countries that do get merged.

If you prefer to post in Russian then feel free to as I do speak it, but for those of you who are able to I would appreciate it in English in order to make it a bit easier for me.

Many thanks in advance.

Перевод
Мне интересно мнение о группировке небольших стран до так называемых «региональных рейтингов» (regional rankings) чтобы увеличить «соревновательность» между мелкими странами. Подробнее прочитать об этом можно по ссылке в конце поста. Это касается не только РФ, сколько всех русскоговорящих стран.

Мне хотелось бы знать какие страны хорошо и логично было бы объединить в один регион, и обоснование почему. Важно также знать, что такие рейтинги могут заменить рейтинг по стране в принципе, поэтому желательно рассмотреть как можно больше вариантов. Не могу с уверенностью сказать про группировку мелких стран с Россией (ещё не знаю мнение Пеппи на этот счет), но разделение мелких стран от больших предпочтительнее.

tl;dr: рейтинг по стране может быть замещён рейтингом по региону (нескольким объединенным странам).

Спасибо заранее.
tiper
Obvious Ukraine and Belarus. We're speaking the same language(both of countries have their own language but almost all of their residents are speaking russian as well). There is no ukrainian or belarusian community in osu. There is a big russian community which is comprised almost entirely of russians, ukrainians and belarasians. That was first thing.
Second: What do you think about successors of USSR? I don't think that there're a lot of residents of these countries(except Ukraine and Belarus, ofc), but who knows...
That's all what am I thinking about. Sorry for my english, by the way :> Good luck with that, it is a really good idea.
escpoar
God of Taiko
All post-ussr countries can be easily grouped together. Or at least ukraine and belarus.

I won't have competition anyway ;w;
Topic Starter
boat

tiper wrote:

SPOILER
Obvious Ukraine and Belarus. We're speaking the same language(both of countries have their own language but almost all of their residents are speaking russian as well). There is no ukrainian or belarusian community in osu. There is a big russian community which is comprised almost entirely of russians, ukrainians and belarasians. That was first thing.
Second: What do you think about successors of USSR? I don't think that there're a lot of residents of these countries(except Ukraine and Belarus, ofc), but who knows...
That's all what am I thinking about. Sorry for my english, by the way :> Good luck with that, it is a really good idea.
If Ukraine and Belarus are the countries which correlate the most then I will add those under the listing. Would either correlate more to Russia or to eachother? This is important to know depending on how Peppy will go on about this, as we wouldn't want to merge countries just like that when they got a better place.

As for the Successors of USSR, I will look more into it, but I would like users from the respective countries to as well provide some input on it. Good suggestions though, thank you.

escpoar wrote:

most of kz players speaking russian
This is good to know, but there's yet no word about merging minor countries with major ones. I would like to know if some other country correlates enough to be merged with Kazakhstan.
tiper
Would either correlate more to Russia or to eachother?
I think these countries should be correlated to Russia. And I think that residents of these countries won't be offended because of this correlation.

UPD: I'll try to catch [Dellirium], he has a possibility to ask your question in vkontakte(smth like russian facebook), and we'll get more opinions. I really like this stuff, boat. Good luck.

UPD2:
Ukraine + Belarus/Alternatively "The successors of USSR"
No-no-no. There's no way to group Ukraine and Belarus separately from Russia. I was talking about Russia+Ukraine+Belarus.
Topic Starter
boat
Alright, I'll set it to just the Successors of USSR as a placeholder until we've gotten enough input on it.
tiper
Модераторам: подняли бы тему, действительно хорошая идея.
Aleks719
да? я не очень понимаю крутости, попробуй объяснить доходчивее?

Кто-то не хочет быть топ1 литвы, а хочет быть топом1 прибалтики и побаловать чсв?
или рокли хочет вписаться вместо топ1 украины в топ 10 по ссср? *и вообще, далеко не все любят ссср в частности, так же как и канада/сша и малазия/индонезия*

мб я чего-то не понимаю?
Topic Starter
boat
Do keep in mind that you will retain your country specific rank regardless. This wont get rid of the country specific lists, if you're #1 in Russia, Ukraine or whatever you will keep your position, but this feature will additionally open up the availability to view beatmap specific scores of countries in the same region, this in order to have a bigger competitive scene within the countries that don't even have enough players to fill up the 50 score positions.
Aleks719

boat wrote:

Do keep in mind that you will retain your country specific rank regardless. This wont get rid of the country specific lists, if you're #1 in Russia, Ukraine or whatever you will keep your position, but this feature will additionally open up the availability to view beatmap specific scores of countries in the same region.
not really, peppy says about making them together, not about adding new. it's about making less work for servers(one list instead of two or three), not giving new lists to calculate.
Topic Starter
boat

Aleks719 wrote:

not really, peppy says about making them together, not about adding new. it's about making less work for servers(one instead of two or three), not giving new lists to calculate.
From what I understood you've mixed this up with the country ranking you see on the website, which will not be affected. This is for the beatmap specific "ranking filter" available for supporters. Yes, the merged countries wont be able to look up their own country specific beatmap specific rankings, but they will retain their overall country rank regardless.

Nevertheless, Russia as a whole may be unaffected, and this will only be done for the minor countries.
Aleks719

boat wrote:

From what I understood you've mixed this up with the country ranking you see on the website, which will not be affected. This is for the beatmap specific "ranking filter" available for supporters. Yes, the merged countries wont be able to look up their own country specific beatmap specific rankings, but they will retain their overall country rank regardless.
so, new filters only? *i don't use them anyway*
Topic Starter
boat
To make it clearer, it is to replace this "Country Ranking" filter with "Regional Ranking" for the countries that do go through with the merge.

Aleks719
[Dellirium]
According to our vk.com group:

I also suggest to collapse countries like in other games to CIS.
tiper
@Aleks719: там только про~~~~ тебе уже объяснили
@boat: And one more thing: Baltic States could be grouped too.
UPD: added topic in vk.com
Aleksart
for author
Topic Starter
boat

[Dellirium] wrote:

SPOILER
According to our vk.com group:

I also suggest to collapse countries like in other games to CIS.
I would appreciate it if you could define what you mean by this chart.

I also took a look at the post on VK and would like to make clear that Russia will likely not be merged with any country, rather it being the smaller ones being merged with eachother. Russia definetely has a big enough playerbase for this feature to actually be useful, where as the issue is with the smaller ones. This is of course not set in stone, but the plan was for the minorities only. It will all come down to peppy's final word, I do appreciate the opinions but I would prefer for the discussion to involve more of the minor countries alone.
[Dellirium]

boat wrote:

I also took a look at the post on VK and would like to make clear that Russia will likely not be merged with any country, rather it being the smaller ones being merged with eachother. Russia definetely has a big enough playerbase for this feature to actually be useful, where as the issue is with the smaller ones.
I understand that. But usually Russia merges with other countries and I liked that idea more than create 2 separate categories, so I made a poll. As you can see, more people want to split countries.

But nothing interesting about what countries should be splitted in the comments for now.

I would appreciate it if you could define what you mean by this chart.
Just what our group in vk consist of (this is sort of russian speaking osu! community)
Slow-ru
Here we go again

iDwarf

Slow-ru wrote:

Here we go again

Topic Starter
boat
Shitposting aside, unless anybody has something against grouping according to the following (alternatively all of these edit: except for russia under one region), I will add that as as the only currently viable solution.

This grouping at least to me is more logical than what so far seems to be merely personal preference.
senaya

[Dellirium] wrote:

According to our vk.com group
yo have a vk group? D:

boat wrote:

oh yeah, now i can be proud 8-)
tiper
I still think that there's no way to group Ukraine and Belarus separately from Russia. Leave them alone then. Everything else looks good.
Caucasus POWER. God, shitposting is coming in 3, 2, 1...
Topic Starter
boat
Russia is technically within "Eastern Europe" as well and you're right in saying that they should be grouped together, but in case that not being an option I'd still like to keep this as a "Eastern Europe sector 2", where as Russia would represent the first. Splitting them up like this does not imply Russia not being related, rather, too large to be grouped with the rest within one "Eastern Europe" sector.

Even if grouping Russia in it wont be a possibility I'm certain it will still be an improvement for these minor countries, although I will of course propose for both options.