posted
Total Posts
show more
Jordan
2keying isn't a bad habit.
thelewa
If you want to get faster at singletapping, yes it is
Aqo
Having some experience with alternating and having an alternating mindset can help with reading streams with variable spacing but otherwise singletapping is just better sadly ;w;
-Soba-
alternating>singletapping
Zexous

-Soba- wrote:

hey nice explanation you got there soba
Naikaze
I don't think these habits are "bad" ? :?
-Soba-

Zexous wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

hey nice explanation you got there soba
thnx
Winshley
My bad habit of tapping is that I tend to single-tap jumpy notes, even if it's above 130BPM (above my limit). Of course, I failed hard with this. :(

Also, I tense a lot while streaming, which may cause my cursor movement to go awkward. orz
mayainverse
why is everyone leaving out the 3rd play style? reprogram your keyboard so all keys are Z or X then do this

once i used this strategy i can stream at 420bpm.
nrl
Is that... legal?
Soulg

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Is that... legal?
probably not, but then again if you could use 3+ keys and stream accurately at ANY bpm, let alone 220-300, then that's pretty good to me
Full Tablet

Soulg wrote:

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Is that... legal?
probably not, but then again if you could use 3+ keys and stream accurately at ANY bpm, let alone 220-300, then that's pretty good to me
It doesn't even work.
RaneFire
osu!standard only sees 2 tapping buttons.
Mouse and keyboard share the same buttons so you already know it won't work if you remap your keyboard. The inputs are only labelled differently in the key-overlay for replay purposes.
mayainverse
impossible? pretty sure almost anything is possible with software.
DubSteppinNinja
Really late on this one but eh whatever, i started playing osu! mouse only single click for over year or more then switched over to keyboard alternating completely at first till i ran into problems, where i would be thrown off by some pattern of notes making it hard for me to keep up with some songs but that didn't stop me one bit made me wanna play harder and not give up (or the flood failed over 20 times before i beat it on hard at time) but then i switched it up over time because i played war in secondlife which requires wwe to jump so i applied that to some of the patterns i had trouble with solving them very well, as for streams those came natrual to the point now i dont over click streams like i used. Im always pushing how far i can go.. so i dont know about that statment not wanting to push themselves (atleast for some of use alternating players) cause now even if its 5 stars+ ill play with hidden even if i pass or fail, now for single tapping i found it alot easier right away (almost beat Xi-Breaking atmosphere with one finger only) my first few trys playing with single-tapp, to me single tapp is boring as all hell i would probably fall asleep during middle of song.
Yuudachi-kun
Wow
pandaBee

winber1 wrote:

There is also no problem with alternating, but as previous threads have stated, the thing about alternating is that although it is more relaxing than single-tapping, it often time doesn't force the player to push themselves.
That's not true. Just because I don't jackhammer my keyboard with a single finger doesn't mean it's not hard. Alternating forces you to either slow-stream notes or press with stiff fingers without using your wrist. Both of those are very difficult to do consistently.

Oh wait, this is a necro thread.
trebby
lol
Barusamikosu

pandaBee wrote:

Oh wait, this is a necro thread.
Only if drum drum classifies it as one. :D
drum drum
please dont necropost