forum

Streaming or saved locally?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winnyace
do you guys prefer to stream your music or do you prefer to have a "physical" file saved somewhere locally for your playlist? if you like physical, what format you guys prefer?

I personally like to have a "hard copy" of my music saved locally and listen to it with a music player on my computer. I think it is better for preserving my playlist over years. I use MP3 320kbps for most of my playlist, but I've started to get into FLACs lately, even though I can't really hear any difference with my gear.

I'm sorry if this thread exists already.
ICanNotDoSlider
I prefer streaming for discovery but have my favorites stored locally. I haven't listened to new music lately though, so I mostly listen to what I already have. As for my preferred formats, pretty much the same as yours.
waste-
Streaming for convenience, but having it locally is better in most regards for me at least (since the best music just ISN'T on the biggest streaming platforms <_<)
[RUE]Bambinex
Streaming because it's more convenient, youtube music actually has a lot of musics available so that's poggers, honestly I don't think I'm going back to saving musics locally anytime soon
ClevelandsMyBro
streaming. it's just free. only drawbacks to it is sometimes a certain song would be region locked which is kind of a bummer.

i never had a physical copy of any recordings. but since i'm kind of huge music guy, i want to at least buy one hard copy of an album one day. rn i dont have the money tho. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheKingHenry
Physical, but like literally physical; mostly CDs. Though I do have bunch of file-only stuff as well, for example if the release is only digitally available.

That being said I do listen to a lot of music from streaming services as well, mainly to discover new music I didn't know of yet
Kolmas
personal preference: digital lossless file > CDs > streaming, but recently due to laziness i mostly listen on spotify/bandcamp
epic man 2
i just stream songs -- not only that but on platforms like spotify and soundcloud its easily possible to find a really good artist thats like underrated (say if they have like, less than 100 followers or something) and trust me, theres a lot to find there in general

but yeah ive never bought physical copies of albums or songs in my life