forum

How do I not lose concentration while using a tablet ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cloudofrain
There is something that drives me insane since i have the tablet ( Wacom Bamboo 3rd Gen) and that is that is lose my concentration all the time because i think my pen is too far away. I got the tablet just for osu and it was a good decision because yesterday and at the beginning i didnt have this problem and if I dont i enjoy playing Osu much more than with the mouse.

My question is, is there a trick to make sure you dont get out of range ? I have the feeling if the range were just a bit larger i would not have this problem. Now one might say "just play more and you will get used to it" and I understand that but I almost dont have fun anymore with this problem ;(, so pls help and dont kill me, because im the 1325346543734522352351st person, who is asking that question.
VoidnOwO
:)
Oinari-sama
I personally find it easy to do if I "anchor" part of my hand to the table/tablet. Be it the pinky finger or the wrist bone, anchoring helps me restraining the pen within certain distance from the tablet surface. By keeping my hand always at similar angle, I can maintain that distance even when I glide my hand on the table.

Not sure how others do it though. I'm quite new to tablet myself.
winber1
I don't understand what you people even want us to say. Really. I don't.

Almost every single thread that's asking a question about gameplay pretty much ends with "just practice," and really that's all there pretty much is to it. You just have to find your own way to comfortably play.

I hold my pen like I hold a pencil. My ring finger and pinkie are both resting on the tablet. That's how I play, but idk if that's going to work for you. You also need to give it at least a week, and only then can you truly say that tablet is not a good choice. You've only had it for 1 day. That's not enough to say much about anything yet.
Mathsma
I said this in another thread a while back.
Cookiezi hovers his pen over the tablet. In order to learn how to hover well don't be afraid to let the tip of your pen touch the tablet sometimes because its better to touch the tablet occasionaly rather than hovering too high and having the tablet lose track of your cursor. With time and practice you will get used to hovering the pen right over the tablet and not touch it while playing.
sCam
i spin in the middle of screen or make triangle rotations, on breaks or if a note takes long to come, I snap away from where it appears like a inch or so, and snap right back to it.. gotta keep your fingers and tablet hand warmed up so you dont lose focus.
Knarf
Easy to solve, drag.
Topic Starter
cloudofrain

winber1 wrote:

I don't understand what you people even want us to say. Really. I don't.

Almost every single thread that's asking a question about gameplay pretty much ends with "just practice," and really that's all there pretty much is to it. You just have to find your own way to comfortably play.

I hold my pen like I hold a pencil. My ring finger and pinkie are both resting on the tablet. That's how I play, but idk if that's going to work for you. You also need to give it at least a week, and only then can you truly say that tablet is not a good choice. You've only had it for 1 day. That's not enough to say much about anything yet.
I dont have the tablet for just 1 day , tomorrow i will have it for a week. I thought someone might have had the same problem and did some maybe non-osu related stuff to help him/herself, at least that is what i hoped for :D.

Mathsma wrote:

I said this in another thread a while back.
Cookiezi hovers his pen over the tablet. In order to learn how to hover well don't be afraid to let the tip of your pen touch the tablet sometimes because its better to touch the tablet occasionaly rather than hovering too high and having the tablet lose track of your cursor. With time and practice you will get used to hovering the pen right over the tablet and not touch it while playing.
I have already read that a few days ago in the other thread and it helped me, thank you for that :).

@all: Thank you for your responses ! I might have found the source of the problem.