forum

Finisher and slider indication in taiko edit mode.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +16
Topic Starter
boat
I really do like the feature that automatically sets the circles to the right respective color, but it'd be even better if it could indicate finishers as well, perhaps even sliders as it can be tricky to spot them without zooming in on the timeline.

It can really be an immense "pain in the ass" when you're working on a map with a lot of them, and with a feature like this I'd be able to use bookmarks for more important things, or at least not have it being a cluttered mess.

As for sliders, obviously making them yellow as in the playmode. I'm not entirely sure about finishers, but anything would be fine really, darker/lighter combo color or something completely different (assuming that having them slightly bigger is a bit unreasonable).

Something along the lines of this;
k, d, drumroll, K, D respectively

Thank you in advance.
XK2238
oh gawd, yes, yeeesss!

ALL OF MY SUPPORT
Saturnalize
that d has a wrong color, sadly

Yep I'm in for this.
Rei Hakurei
i can't wait for taiko edit interface, >w<

but support this before going directly to the interface.
Topic Starter
boat

Loli Cjj wrote:

that d has a wrong color, sadly

Yep I'm in for this.
See it as merely an example for those who can't make out the idea. I don't intend for it to actually be red, just obvious enough to make out on even quite object heavy maps.
xWillx
Totally support this

I can see it providing lots of benefits when it comes to mapping, especially indicating where finishers and drumrolls are in a more efficient and time-saving way.

Support!
Stefan
Drumrolls in yellow.. OH YEAH
Topic Starter
boat
May as well add in that this would be pretty majorly useful and I hope for it to not denied simply because there's supposedly an editor on the way.

There's loads of issues with the taiko gamemode as a whole, there are still broken visual elements and as well that after 11 months of waiting you have yet to fix sudden death for taiko mp. I do not intend to sound harsh or offensive in any way, but from what I see there's very little priority for taiko and as such I'm under the assumption that such an editor will not be released in any remote future. It is due to this that I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in wanting at the very least something similar to this as a placeholder feature.

Not only should this be fairly simple to implement especially considering you've already added don and kat indicators, it also already holds most of the features I can think of from a full blown editor. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could put this into consideration. Thank you in advance.
deadbeat

boat wrote:

I hope for it to not denied simply because there's supposedly an editor on the way.
i'll admit, that was my first reaction, but then i thought about it some more and this request is fairly valid imo
Makar
if there is not going to be an editor then I at least support something like this.
it would be nice if the timeline could show how things will look while playing taiko (since taiko is linear like the timeline is)
karterfreak
New editor isn't necessary, but this definitely is. Have some support!