osu!'s First Singing Collab- Kumikyoku NicoNicoDouga

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

Takuma wrote:

So, what's going on with this?
I've been unable to Vent recently. Basically, we're reviewing the plan to see if any more adjustments need to be made.
When I have more free time I'll spend a day on here chasing up specific people about their parts.
(Unfortunately most of the stuff on upppy atm will be scrapped because of very minor inconsistencies that degrade the quality of the singing)

Also, me and vyt are making the Miku sections, which takes way longer than it should.
Dewgong_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
vytalibus

Dewgong wrote:

b-b-buuuut i really wanted god knows... it's the one song i can sing perfectly... DDD:

also i'm sorry but i can't do sousei no aquarion. my voice probably sounds fit for it, but i've sung that song before, and it's really bad. i can't do it. anything else but that, seriously. (that and i don't feel like it xD) please, but someone else on it.

also everything else i'm put down for i'm cool with.

(sorry for being gone so long, florida killed me.)
We've assigned you to God Knows instead of Sousei. Larto will do Sousei instead.

-------------------------------

There seems to be a bit of a confusion, so I'd like to clarify.

IF YOU'VE SENT A RECORDING OF A SECTION ASSIGNED TO YOU ALREADY BEFORE THE LIST WAS COMPLETED, YOU WILL HAVE TO LINK THEM TO US AGAIN.
Derekku
So uh, when are we supposed to submit our recordings? (inb4now) Are we supposed to record us singing the whole song? I wasn't sure since multiple people will be singing songs and I didn't know if it'll be people singing parts of songs or multiple at once singing a full song. kthx :3
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Record yourself singing each of your parts as separate sound files. There is no deadline for submissions yet, so just submit when ready.

I'll be gone for a few weeks, so all major collab stuff will be left to vyt until I come back.
Whilst I'm gone, I'll try to get my half of the Miku sections done. It'd probably be more efficient if you submit your sections after I come back so me and vyt can discuss whether they need to be redone.
Derekku
K thanks <3
Lilac
This sounds fun, in a scary way. I would like to hear the end result and anything that may happen in the future regarding...this...
vytalibus

neo@lex wrote:

Record yourself singing each of your parts as separate sound files. There is no deadline for submissions yet, so just submit when ready.

I'll be gone for a few weeks, so all major collab stuff will be left to vyt until I come back.
Whilst I'm gone, I'll try to get my half of the Miku sections done. It'd probably be more efficient if you submit your sections after I come back so me and vyt can discuss whether they need to be redone.
Of course, that being said, if you have any questions about your parts and how they're supposed to be sung, contact me either on this thread or in PMs. I'll be glad to help you.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
I'm back, btw, which means now would probably be a good time to get started on your parts.
Derekku

neo@lex wrote:

I'm back, btw, which means now would probably be a good time to get started on your parts.
*hopes you're talking to everyone and not me*

*has been super busy lately* ._. I'll try to record mine this week D:

Disregard this :)
Cuddlebun
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wojjan
Hi, I supply English lyrics to not make you look like idiots. They're not too literal, they have some flow going on, and I occasionally rhymed here and there.
Tell me if you want them or not. There's probably too much effort already in it to change the lyrics now, but hey...
Derekku
adam2046
Make your own, I'm sure people would love to join.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
A little clarification:
Agent Yoru o Iku
Dewgong(Main), Larto, Derekku
Dewgong starts at the beginning, Larto and Derreku come in after the TOKASHITSUKUSHITE TOKASHITSUKUSHITE TOKASHITSUKUSHITE.
Help Me, Erinnnnnn!!
Starrodkirby, Takuma(Backup), Tode(Backup), Larto(Backup)
Starrodkirby sings the actual song, Takuma, Tode and Larto do the ERIN ERIN and TASUKETE ERIN! bits.
Okkusenman
[Tode, Dewgong, Lilyko, Miku], [Pasonia, Derekku], [Pasonia, Miku]
The girls do the first verse (with the URUTORAMAN SEBUN bits), Pas and Derreku do the next bit, then Pas and Miku do MISUGO SHITE TA KESHIKI WA onwards.
Everyone in this section must do the OKKUSENMAN shouting.
Sakura
Everyone (Speaking, outro), Miku (singing)
In this part, everyone basically announces who they are (if you want you can add a little weeaboo touch with "[name] desu") and says basically whatever they want (for example, I suggested rape). I encourage you so say shit like "good work", "nice one" and other general friendly stuff, but don't take too much time. Vyt's gotta cram it all into the space of that song.
Daru
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

Daru wrote:

I suppose now is too late to be a part of this? :(
lolyes
If all goes well, we'll do more of these, such as Ryuuseigun, Nanairo and Monogatari.
Derekku

neo@lex wrote:

A little clarification:
Okkusenman
Pas and Derreku do the next bit
Way to give me the part of Okku where I have to randomly go down an octave because I can't possibly sing that high ._.;

EDIT: But I guess if it's me AND Pas singing, then it would sound fine XP
LilyPichu
Do we upload this on upppy or...
Derekku
Doesn't really matter, but up.ppy would probably be the easiest/best place to put it. Just link your file(s) here :P
LilyPichu
Dewgong_old
thank for you for like

...song moving me

i appreciate it

uuuh give me a week or two i'm kind of busy, but i will get my parts done sometime in the next few weeks.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Right, I'm making this post because there's still a few things that need to be taken care of.
1. Tode lost/broke her mic:
Nvm, she's got it sorted~
2. We have no lyrics for the RPG songs.
The easiest solution would be to attempt to follow the lyrics for the Japanese national anthem, but for the sake of simplicity and lulz, I've created a little mock up of some alternative lyrics.
Download: rpgsongs_example.mp3
Please post your opinion here. Vyt gets the final word, but he obviously doesn't want it to be shit either.
3: We have no singers for the RPG songs.
If you're interested, you can PM either me or Vyt, or just post here.
Vyt: How do you feel about allowing people who haven't tried out to sing this bit? I was thinking we could just ask for them to upload a file of them singing it, and if it's any good, we use it.
4: We have nothing planned for Critas no Kiba.
Me and Vyt have discussed this in vent a few times. Possible options include:
SPOILER
We have people singing it, except in the style of one of those Enemy Controller MADs.
We have people singing it, except in the style of some other kind of MAD.
We have dialog involving a psuedo Yu-Gi-Oh duel.
We have dialog referencing various ads, such as the Slap-Chop, Oxy-Clean and Cillit Bang.
We have comedic dialog, something along the lines of biggestfaggotever.mp3.

Download: TodeUninstall-Retimed.mp3
Derekku
Cuddlebun
update: I reverted back to my old headset, which Ival informs me is better than my old one. So I guess that also means it won't pick up as much background noise.

So sorry for any trouble you might have had; I can stay in the collab. Only problem is that I have absolutely no time to do it; whenever I have any free time not occupied with schoolwork, my parents are in the next room. Over the next week or so I'll try to get home early a few days to try and get time to myself.
Derekku
^About the same thing with me. There's always so many people around and now my sister and her boyfriend are staying here too... It's always noisy and they're like DEREK STOP SINGING WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU ladskjf
vytalibus
Vyt: How do you feel about allowing people who haven't tried out to sing this bit? I was thinking we could just ask for them to upload a file of them singing it, and if it's any good, we use it.
They're free to try, but they're subjected to the same audition rules, prolly even stricter.
Wojjan

neo@lex wrote:

We have dialog referencing various ads, such as the Slap-Chop, Oxy-Clean and Cillit Bang.
What?
What do those have to do with anything?
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Slap-Chop is an awesome piece of engineering, Oxy-Clean was tied to Billy Mays in its early stages, Cillit Bang is epic.
Wojjan
Ok then...
What do those have to do with anything related to the singing collab?
Two_old
This would be more entertaining than watching american idol auditions if I could stomach listening to more than one song.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

Wojjan wrote:

Ok then...
What do those have to do with anything related to the singing collab?
They don't.
NicoNico has a history of randomness.
Dewgong_old
yeah, stuff doesn't have to be related.

hmm... how much more time do we have? i'm slowly, slowly forgetting about osu... so slowly...

i don't want to totally forget. i do for days, and then i don't want to let anyone down.

slowly...
LilyPichu
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
Vyt spoke to me about having a day where we all go on vent or irc and we oversee recording status as well as supervise recordings. I'll speak to him about that when I see him online.
About the deadline: I think it'd be stupid if we still have people recording in October, so I think some time around September 18th would be most efficient.
!summon vyt
vytalibus
My apologies for appearing late. I suppose you know my situation, so I won't spoil the atmosphere here.

I've been talking to neo@lex about checking up on every singer in this collab by scheduling a date where everyone will go online to vent (or on the #osu channel if the first option is unavailable, though I'm hoping for vent). There, we can discuss on the progress of the collab and the recordings, and possibly even get to hear some of you sing so I can give some advice. Somewhere along the first or second week of September would be fine.

As I won't be able to stay here for long (at least for a couple of days), I'm leaving the authority to neo for the time being. Hopefully he'll be able to decide on a date for the meeting, and even more so that I be able to get online before then.
Starrodkirby86
vytalibus
September 5 will be the date for the meeting.

8 PM EST.
Exilon
Hum, right now I'm on vacations in a place where internet acess is really sparse, and it'll be very hard for me to be on the meeting, but, on the other hand, half of the house is empty which gives me lots of room to sing.
Only downside is that the meeting will be at 1 AM where I live - people will be sleeping, so I won't be able to talk, much less sing...

Anyways, I'm recording my parts, and I'll try to be present at the meeting.
Topic Starter
Neo@lex

vytalibus wrote:

September 5
lololol I won't be around on the 5th~
show more