forum

Osu mania 7k worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
charizard87870
Those who have learnt 7k solely for the pp, was it worth it? Wondering if i should invest time and effort into learning or if it would just be a waste of time.
deadmemories_old_2
Well, as someone who doesn't care about rank/pp at all, I would've told you to try it out just for enjoyment and fun but... nvm. Anyway, good luck gaining ranks I guess.

For me I just tried 7k because it looked really fun. The idea of pressing more buttons and reading more notes just came very interesting to me. And these days, I find myself to be playing more 7k than 4k.
-Andrei-
7k gives out more pp but it takes some time and motivation to get used to the patterns and controls, I've started 3 months ago and my commitment is what helped me push through to improve. I didn't really focus on the rank until I got to a certain point where I was good enough to farm. If you have a lot of motivation to improve I say go for it
MarioUniverseZ
this is my story: 2018 october is the first time i tried 7k, but quit suddenly after a week because it was really difficult to start, i hadn't decided to practice 7k hard until 2020 august. so if you want to practice 7k hard and gain some pp from it, should be provided with determination and perseverance, otherwise it's pretty easy to be stayed away from
Haengsyo
7k does give more pp, but it's so endgame that it's practically irrelevant. If you want to play 7k, play 7k. If you want to play 4k, play 4k. It's all about what you find enjoyment out of. I learned 7k because I found 7k much more fun than 4k.
Noreu
you know, 7k gives more pp because of more keybinds. im a only 4k player and i tried to learn 7k and HOLY SHESH IT SO HARD-
7k is more fun and its my opinion, 4k,7k are have too much diffrence and if i was starting to play osu!. i should play 7k.
McEndu
I picked up 7K last year by playing BMS. My experience there gave me a sense of how 7K maps work, and inspired most of my mapping style.

From my perspective, 7K gives more space to work on and thus easier to make hard but fun maps compared to 4K.

Mapper stuff aside, it is entirely different from 4K and requires quite some time to learn; if you just wanna grind you can just play whatever mode you are mainly playing
[ Demi ]
Absolutely worth it imo.. ^^ hope you give sometime to learn 7k .. it's totally fun and all after passing all those misspressing keys lol