forum

Some grammar mistakes? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sir Minelli
Some possible mistakes i found.

Inside osu!:

Options / Online / Filter foreign characters --> "Removed" any characters...
Why in past?

osu! Home Page:

Whether you end up being a hardcore player or a well-respected beatmap creator "("or some place in-between :), there is something for everybody within the osu! community.
This needs to be closed "("

Glossary:

Mod: Beatmap Mod Team
Approval
Hanyuu
Hi

there is a spelling mistake for the video on the homepage - it is called NieN not NeiN
WyndII

Sir Minelli wrote:

osu! Home Page:

Whether you end up being a hardcore player or a well-respected beatmap creator "("or some place in-between :), there is something for everybody within the osu! community.
imo, repeating the ) in "Whether you end up being a hardcore player or a well-respected beatmap creator (or some place in-between :)," will look like ":))" destroying the smile.. ehe D=

And "Mod" because it's the shortcut for Moderation.. so.... Beatmap Moderation Team.. I .. think (lol). bb! XD
Hyperworm
http://xkcd.com/541/

There's a grammar mistake (or typo) in the message that appears when you play an approved but not ranked beatmap, too.
Kitsunemimi

WyndII wrote:

imo, repeating the ) in "Whether you end up being a hardcore player or a well-respected beatmap creator (or some place in-between :)," will look like ":))" destroying the smile.. ehe D=
Maybe we could use an actual smiley (as in the gif smiley which when you type :) it becomes auto parsed).

WyndII wrote:

And "Mod" because it's the shortcut for Moderation.. so.... Beatmap Moderation Team.. I .. think (lol). bb! XD
He means it shouldn't be "Mod", it should be "Approval".
peppy

Sir Minelli wrote:

It doesn't need to be closed - the smiley closes it. This is my style and I don't plan on changing it. :)) looks stupid.
Derekku
Either

1) Don't put emotes inside parenthesis

or

2) Put a space between the emote and the parenthesis

Problem solved.

(yay :) )
peppy

Derekku Chan wrote:

Either

1) Don't put emotes inside parenthesis

or

2) Put a space between the emote and the parenthesis

Problem solved.

(yay :) )
no
mtmcl
Emoticons are pretty unprofessional in the first place, but it's not really a big deal either way.
LuigiHann

peppy wrote:

Sir Minelli wrote:

It doesn't need to be closed - the smiley closes it.
That may be the single dumbest thing I have ever seen you say...

throw a graphic smiley on the front page, ( :) ) actually looks good and would sidestep the )) problem entirely.
anonymous_old
Oh dear, emote-paren-closing war.

(This is totally exceptable, especially in the UNIX world :)
CheeseWarlock
Damn, beaten to the punch on linking that xkcd comic.

I second LH's idea. Make it the graphic smiley.

Or use :D or :P instead.