forum

I can score 95-97% in high 5* but I can't FC medium and high 4* or any 5*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Erikillo
After not farming for a while I decided to browse some 120-140pp jump maps, they were around 4.5* so I thought that it would be a piece of cake to get a good score on them

The issue is that I couldn't even 3-miss them because I always shitmiss at some part of the map. That happens between 4.4* all the way to 5.9*

I practiced a lot of streams and finger control in my early days, so I don't have any problem streaming 185bpm or reading non-farm maps, and overall I can get a pretty high accuracy on most of the map types (1-2s, streams and bursts, tech, speed, etc.) But there are always those misses I already mentioned

What's the name of that "hidden skill" I have to practice and how can I practice it?
What have I done wrong? (so I can evade it in the future)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Moved to Gameplay & Rankings.
ainkeK
You say you can score 95-97% in high 5* when the highest star map in your top plays is 5.06.
You are rushing too far ahead of yourself. You need to be able to consistently FC 4* maps before moving onto low 5* maps. You are not being able to FC those maps with tougher patterns and rhythms because you haven't practiced the patterns and rhythms one step below. And while you practice 4* maps make sure you incorporate longer maps and maps that aren't just aim. Once you can FC consistently most 4* maps of varying skillsets, lengths, and rhythms should you move onto 5*. This is my opinion take it with a grain of salt play however you want.
Topic Starter
Erikillo

ainkeK wrote:

You say you can score 95-97% in high 5* when the highest star map in your top plays is 5.06.
That's the problem, I can't get those maps into my top plays because of the misses

It'll suck to go back to the 4* but thanks for the advice
Earthquake
Sounds like you have bad muscle memory. I suggest resetting a little and playing some 2* maps and trying to play them perfectly. Try to focus on each circle and stuff for about 20 mins. Then go back to the maps.
PP Tenshi
Fine, I shall answer you.

The name of that hidden skill is no other than :

Play More ^_^
Manishh
go lower star long maps and work on your consistency. its not a thing which you will improve in few days or weeks. some takes days some takes months. Just work on it i am 100% sure you will get score which will show you your improvement
CuftaJunior
>farming makes me lose control
Lilyn

Erikillo wrote:

I practiced a lot of streams and finger control in my early days,-
I regret not practicing finger control.

You might have an issue with a specific skill that's affecting you.
Go find it.
XdreamawayX
You lack consistency.
Turn off DT
Play around a star rating that you can get FCs with high acc (98%-99%) with only a few tries
Play everything around that star rating, tech maps, stream maps, aim maps etc...
Longer maps are good for consistency and nerves as well (and really cool)
If you miss, don't retry automatically, keep playing until the end ( no retry spamming)
as you go on playing those maps, keep increasing the difficulty ( for example, 4* then 4.01*-4.02* etc...)

This method worked really well for me, maybe it can work for you too.
Consistency takes time to build up, but it pays wonders in the future.