forum

CTB Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Subject_old_1
Hey guys! I've started moving over to play CTB as my main game mode,mainly because my mouse is terrible now and I won't be able to progress to Insane modes with it, and I have a question for anyone who mains CTB or anyone who knows a lot about it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting used to speed boosting, and end up stopping at the wrong points and ultimately missing tons of beats. Does anyone know any good maps that have lots of speed boosts that I can practice on?

Also, could you supply any tips you have of catching bananas? I seem to be really bad at that too.
Aqo
It's impossible to catch all bananas.

To practice dashing/hyperdashing, play maps with hyperdashes. Usually any random insane will do. Just put on nofail and try many random maps.

The CTB forum is here: 106
Topic Starter
Subject_old_1
I really dunno how I missed the CTB forum.... Anyways, thanks for the tips! ^.^
Kurokami
If you want to practice HDash then you probably need some CtB only map. They are the best even with halftime.
You will find them here: t/127380&start=0

Good luck with practice and also welcome in the player team. o/
Rorona

Kurokami wrote:

If you want to practice HDash then you probably need some CtB only map. They are the best even with halftime.
You will find them here: t/127380&start=0

Good luck with practice and also welcome in the player team. o/
This. CtB Maps are actually REALLY good for practicing dashing.

I mean, I suck at dashing, and that's why I don't have a single one passed. Even the easiest ones.
Seph
practice with Kuzino maps. great practice for hyperdashes, i got good with it \:D/
ZHSteven
try my mod specific map:
nomico - Bad Apple!!

diff: hidden training.(you can off hid)
I believe I make every basic pattern there, and that is easy enough before the first break. good to use for practicing imo.
Kurokami

ZHSteven wrote:

try my mod specific map:
nomico - Bad Apple!!

diff: hidden training.(you can off hid)
I believe I make every basic pattern there, and that is easy enough before the first break. good to use for practicing imo.
Accuired. *-*
Sharpy_old

purplecracka wrote:

Hey guys! I've started moving over to play CTB as my main game mode,mainly because my mouse is terrible now and I won't be able to progress to Insane modes with it, and I have a question for anyone who mains CTB or anyone who knows a lot about it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting used to speed boosting, and end up stopping at the wrong points and ultimately missing tons of beats. Does anyone know any good maps that have lots of speed boosts that I can practice on?

Also, could you supply any tips you have of catching bananas? I seem to be really bad at that too.
Sorry, I'm stupid but couldn't resist not to notice " Catching bananas ". Call it spins, and yeah, at some songs you literaly have to remember where to go to get better spin then the others

Don't expect to be good when you just started. Try playing easy/normal songs and you will learn to dash and then go to hard/insanes, after that try learning HD, it's very important mod trust me, if you learn it early, you will be privileged :)
Aka

purplecracka wrote:

bananas=spinners

there is a looooong spinner pattern, short parts of which you can see at the maps. just find a path with the biggest number of bananas and always move at the same way when you see the same :D
you can also watch some replays of top50 ranked plays to see how people understand the pattern of the exact spinner~