forum

Kinda dumb and short question question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Szynkowice
Can you be limited by your keyboard? Like not be able to tap fast enough just because of it or something?
cant stream 220
fastest would be one of those touch pads like the pro x touch, but no keyboard would realistically limit your speed unless the switches are like maybe 80g bottom out or higher
Wise Monster
It depends if it is mechanical or membrane

and what kind of switches do you have

which brand they are influences their quality

and the color of the switches some tend to prefer some than others I like red

and if the keyboard influences it depends on the aforementioned
Arkhaik
You can be limited but it really depends.

If your keyboard has problems like registering 2 clicks when you click once,
or if it doesnt register a click at all. Then it's absolutely limiting you.

There are times when the refresh-rate of a keyboard can limit you, though i think most keyboard don't have that problem.

I'd say most people complaining about a keyboard limiting them really are just looking for an excuse as to why they can't stream 300bpm, but if your keyboard is faulty then it can limit you for sure.

If you have a cheap keyboard, or a rubberdome keyboard instead of a mechanical one. There is a chance that the keyboard is limiting you. But not necessarily.
Lilyn
laptop keyboard user here

it kind of does..
sometimes my taps won't register so I have to clean up under the keys

but tbh, your keyboard isn't limiting you (except when its faulty), it's your skill :comfy:
IryN
Depends on your type of keyboard (mechanical or membrane) and what switches you use.

If you use a membrane keyboard then I would recommend getting yourself a mechanical keyboard because unlike membrane keyboards where you have to wait for the keys to go back up before pressing again, a mechanical keyboard allows you to just keep tapping. For osu, the best switches would probably be red switches or speed switches.

TL;DR: Yes, it does, so get yourself a mechanical keyboard.
roufou
my old keyboard would limit my accuracy pretty heavily, applies more to taiko but should also be decently applicable for standard.