forum

Connect banchoBot to cleverbot!(Or similar)

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +100
Topic Starter
petterroea
So as i learned BanchoBot automatically adds you back when you add him as a friend, i added him. Sadly, i found soon out that he doesn't respond to your pm's, which feels a bit sad.

Wouldnt it be nice if you could have a conversation with BanchoBot?
Hula
Well, I guess something like a cheap and tacky irc bot which learns words and phrases from people would be pretty fun, but more of a side-side-side-project?
xxbidiao
maybe we can use some mature open source bots to answer some simple questions, like FAQs.

Then when beginners entered the game, after taught by the system that banchobot can help them, they won't spam the #osu on some question like how to DL a song. it would be a great help. (Far better than let them !faq since they don't know the keyword.)
Topic Starter
petterroea

xxbidiao wrote:

maybe we can use some mature open source bots to answer some simple questions, like FAQs.

Then when beginners entered the game, after taught by the system that banchobot can help them, they won't spam the #osu on some question like how to DL a song. it would be a great help. (Far better than let them !faq since they don't know the keyword.)
Like the idea
Marcin
He doesn't add you back, he has everyone as their friends o.o
Also, idea is fine, but I don't think it would be THAT useful (most people would just with "it" for fun, and get bored after few minutes).
-Sapphire_old
@Marcin : Like Hula said, it would be more of a side project so it wouldn't have to be prioritised. Like what xxbidiao said, this clever banchobot can help beginners. I don't see why not.
i think this is a great idea! spamming banchobot with random !faq's gets boring quickly xD
deadbeat
i...
just...
what.......
i'm gonna go cry in a corner now
-Sapphire_old
There, there.
Topic Starter
petterroea

deadbeat wrote:

i...
just...
what.......
Why :(
Seph
hahahahahahahahahahaha

dem stars wasted

i cri
deadbeat

petterroea wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

i...
just...
what.......
Why :(
this is one of the saddest requests i've seen. it's like you have no better to do than talk to a bot. really???
TheVileOne
This kind of thing would fit the quirky nature of osu! I would like to see this happen, because it's one of those things that makes you think about how wonderfully unique osu! is.
Topic Starter
petterroea

deadbeat wrote:

petterroea wrote:

this is one of the saddest requests i've seen. it's like you have no better to do than talk to a bot. really???
I have better things to do, i just think this would be fun. I do not need it to sustain a social life :P

TheVileOne wrote:

This kind of thing would fit the quirky nature of osu! I would like to see this happen, because it's one of those things that makes you think about how wonderfully unique osu! is.
What he said
VoidnOwO
:)
Topic Starter
petterroea

BRBP wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

it's like you have no better to do than talk to a bot. really???
Very professional of you.

Cleverbot is a bit NSFW sometimes and often makes no sense. Something like this should be done well or not at all.
Pointing at xxbidiao's idea(Using a more mature open source AI)
The fuck is this shit? This is a fucking pink rhythm game, RHYTHM GAME, not an automated bot chat or something. If you think you want to chat a bot like that cleverbot thingy or whatever, why don't you just go ahead to the actual cleverbot site without even need to implement it here.

And what a real waste of stars.
Topic Starter
petterroea

inverness wrote:

The fuck is this shit? This is a fucking pink rhythm game, RHYTHM GAME, not an automated bot chat or something. If you think you want to chat a bot like that cleverbot thingy or whatever, why don't you just go ahead to the actual cleverbot site without even need to implement it here.

And what a real waste of stars.
I guess you just don't see the humour in this... :(
Oh well, have your opinion ;)
boat
I wont judge you for your interests and ways to seek amusement, but this is a bit silly. Tab down and go talk to cleverbot through your browser, banchobot is plenty busy as it is already, no need to bother him even more.