forum

[resolved] [web] search breaks when using search for any terms [confirmed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
silmarilen
Explain the issue you are having:

when you try to search something and you put multiple keywords in and then tick search for any instead of search for all it will break after going to the next page, i think it switches to search for all automatically then.

Is it reproducible? If so, explain the steps to do so:

1. type in multiple search terms
2. tick search for any terms
3. (i ticked sort results as topic but i dont know if thats relevant)
4. go to the 2nd page
5. the amount of search results will have significantly decrease, in my case it even said no suitable matches are found because my specific search didnt have more than 25 results if i had ticked search for all instead of search for any.

im using firefox if thats relevant
Kitokofox
I just tried this.

search.php?keywords=spec+replay&terms=any&author=&fid[]=5&sc=1&sd=d&sr=topics&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

A link he gave me to try out for myself. Even though there's ten pages, the second page returns no results found.

I can confirm this.
TheVileOne
I tried to test this, but I'm getting the FFFFF page when trying to search.
Winshley
It actually worked fine for me. The only problem I had is that I keep getting "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes" and I had to refresh it several times.

I'm using Mozilla Firefox 22.0.
Topic Starter
silmarilen
here is a screenshot of my exact settings when i encountered this problem for the first time
Winshley
Okay, so I did what you suggested and it really happened.

I got 250 results, but when I clicked on next page, I got the error message "No suitable matches found". Returning to the page and the actual result is only 7.

I'll confirm this.

EDIT: The reason behind this problem is that the link to next page also removes some identifiers in the URL.

Page 1:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?keywords=spec+replay&terms=any&author=&fid[]=5&sc=1&sd=d&sr=topics&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Page 2:
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/search.php?&&sr=topics&keywords=spec++replay++&fid[]=5&start=25

The main search query: "terms=any" (which refers to "Search for any terms" option) is gone from the search result. Some other identifiers are also removed, which might affect the search result.
VeilStar
Marking this resolved since this hasn't been a feature in a long time.