1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
show more
posted

makkura wrote:

go for red switches they're the best switches available afaik
That's not a fact. I'll say it again, I prefer blacks to reds and I've tried both, personally I would recommend blacks.
posted
6Gv2 can also come with red switches. I use the 6Gv2 with red switches and I like it. It's not flashy or anything and doesn't have all those weird features that some of the really high end gaming keyboards have, but it's a mechanical keyboard with excellent build quality (in my experience, at least). I used the same 2 keys for like 6 months and they never broke; I only switched keys because I didn't want to break them. I've also...taken out my rage on my keyboard by slamming my hand down onto it before and aside from a couple keycaps popping off nothing really happened.
posted
thanks guys. I'll see if i can get them in red :D
posted
Where do you live?

If you happen to be in Sydney, there is this computer shop in the Capitol Square called Futachi that had all 4 switches of Ducky keyboard on display. You can try out and compare the switches yourself if you are up for it.

Mind you that my last visit to the shop was 3 months ago so I'm not sure if they still have them on display like that.
posted
I would actually recommend blacks instead of reds. It's like as if you were to get a piano, you'd use heavier keys to learn to play correctly. The heavier the keys are the better your results will be in the end. The least amount of resistance is best too, this is why I do not recommend anyone get anything other than linear switches with no tactical feedback. The tactical feedback will get in the way when you try to move faster and it will just waste your energy.

I can say from experience because I've had rubber dome, blues, browns, and reds.

I also recommend getting 40A-R dampeners and placing two in each key. The double dampeners will reduce the distance required to travel and make your keys more sensitive.

I'm currently using reds with dampeners as I've described and it works well.
posted

Oinari-sama wrote:

Where do you live?

If you happen to be in Sydney, there is this computer shop in the Capitol Square called Futachi that had all 4 switches of Ducky keyboard on display. You can try out and compare the switches yourself if you are up for it.

Mind you that my last visit to the shop was 3 months ago so I'm not sure if they still have them on display like that.
I live in Brisbane:(.
posted
Hopefully the stores will let me test the different switches. I'm probably going to get cm storm quickfire rapid online, since i can't seem to find it anywhere.
posted
Protip: Test as many switches as you can and pick what you find works for you.

Also nice username bro.
posted

MMzz wrote:

Protip: Test as many switches as you can and pick what you find works for you.

Also nice username bro.
I actually became very confused when i was browsing the forums and i saw your name, and i though it was me, lol. :P
posted

MMzz wrote:

Protip: Test as many switches as you can and pick what you find works for you.

Also nice username bro.
I sense bromance...
/runs
posted
I also have the 6gv2 in reds. I like it. seems tough, but Ive had it less than a year, so we will see.
posted

d777b wrote:

I also have the 6gv2 in reds. I like it. seems tough, but Ive had it less than a year, so we will see.
Since this is a keyboard thread, what is the difference between the CM Storm QuickFire XT and the CM Storm QuickFire Pro? At a glance they seem to be exactly the same with the exception of the Pro having backlit LED keys.
posted
makkura is from my country
posted
l0l ended up with blackwidow 2013. It's lovely. ty my lovely pedophillians for your help.
posted
...Did you really get BW 2013?
posted

Gatyaa420 wrote:

...Did you really get BW 2013?
l0l ended up with blackwidow 2013. It's lovely. ty my lovely pedophillians for your help.
posted

Gatyaa420 wrote:

...Did you really get BW 2013?
l0l ended up with blackwidow 2013. It's lovely. ty my lovely pedophillians for your help.
posted

Mathsma wrote:

d777b wrote:

I also have the 6gv2 in reds. I like it. seems tough, but Ive had it less than a year, so we will see.
Since this is a keyboard thread, what is the difference between the CM Storm QuickFire XT and the CM Storm QuickFire Pro? At a glance they seem to be exactly the same with the exception of the Pro having backlit LED keys.
the pro ones also have brown switches instead of blue switches; meaning they have the same tactile feedback effect and feel, but brown's are 20(?) grams lighter than the blue ones.
Please sign in to reply.