forum

I'm looking for relationship advice.. TL;DR incoming

posted
Total Posts
show more
Loctav
To be honest on this, I can not agree more with UnderminE and Vyscosity.
He simply do not want anymore. You probably love him more than he does. I actually doubt that he doesn't "like" you anymore, but considering the distance during your relationship, he probably thought about his feelings for a very long time before letting you know. This entire thing might appear not understandable and totally sudden to you, probably because you had an entirely different feeling about this relationship than him (it was still as exciting as it was at the beginning, but this is something from your side, not from his)

If you really want to have a chance and see how serious he is, leave him alone. Respect what he wanted. There are people that unintentionally abuse the fact that certain people return to them no matter what they do. If he really still loves you, as you said, he will realize how bad it was to break up and realizing that you accept it and leave him alone.

It sounds cruel, but you need to make him face the consequences of his decision. And if he doesn't like it, he will return.
If he is fine with it, you know how much sense it has to go on "fighting" - exactly none.

And you must mentally prepare yourself that any result is possible . You can not change people's feelings. You can just find them out and deal with the output. And what I suggested is the best way to find it out and along with it also respecting his decision.
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

Vyscosity wrote:

You're counting on the idea that he could still have feelings for you because it's normal for him to act like this when upset, alright. Maybe he's not just acting like this, maybe he's completely serious about ending the relationship. (Judging from the chat, I'm pretty sure he's serious, even if you have your doubts)

Has he blocked your before, when upset, before all of this? Is this the first time he's tried to break up with you? (Not just within these days). He's even gone out of his way to supposedly find someone else. Can you confirm he actually did?

Believe me, he would be annoyed with you. You're digging yourself deeper and deeper, stop. You've been with him for 4 years, 4 years in which he could have changed, could have grown to have a different taste, and is finally at a point where he no longer likes who you are.
He's blocked me once before, not recently though. This isn't the first time he's tried to break up with me and he says he's never cheated before. I cannot confirm this. I don't know what else to do, I've never been in a situation before where a person I really care for is basically shutting me out of their life.
Konkero
I'm just going to be honest. Lets pretend that Cameron ended up coming back to you. The relationship would be really rocky and awkward with what happened in the past. I've been in this kind of situation before. The relationship will just become cancerous for both of you, and even though the relationship is hard for both parties you still wont want it to end, because you love each other. In the end of my story we both ended up finding an excuse to call it quits, and it was very hard. Neither of us were happy, but we didn't want everything to end.
Sorry :cry:
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

Loctav wrote:

To be honest on this, I can not agree more with UnderminE and Vyscosity.
He simply do not want anymore. You probably love him more than he does. I actually doubt that he doesn't "like" you anymore, but considering the distance during your relationship, he probably thought about his feelings for a very long time before letting you know. This entire thing might appear not understandable and totally sudden to you, probably because you had an entirely different feeling about this relationship than him (it was still as exciting as it was at the beginning, but this is something from your side, not from his)

If you really want to have a chance and see how serious he is, leave him alone. Respect what he wanted. There are people that unintentionally abuse the fact that certain people return to them no matter what they do. If he really still loves you, as you said, he will realize how bad it was to break up and realizing that you accept it and leave him alone.

It sounds cruel, but you need to make him face the consequences of his decision. And if he doesn't like it, he will return.
If he is fine with it, you know how much sense it has to go on "fighting" - exactly none.

And you must mentally prepare yourself that any result is possible . You can not change people's feelings. You can just find them out and deal with the output. And what I suggested is the best way to find it out and along with it also respecting his decision.
Thanks, I guess I'll wait for a response from him and leave him alone if needed. I know I'm not mentally prepared to do that though, it's whatever I guess.

Konkero wrote:

I'm just going to be honest. Lets pretend that Cameron ended up coming back to you. The relationship would be really rocky and awkward with what happened in the past. I've been in this kind of situation before. The relationship will just become cancerous for both of you, and even though the relationship is hard for both parties you still wont want it to end, because you love each other. In the end of my story we both ended up finding an excuse to call it quits, and it was very hard. Neither of us were happy, but we didn't want everything to end.
Sorry :cry:
My plan if we ever got back together would be to finally meet him and tell him how sorry I am in person. For some reason I think it would be a lot easier if I were able to visit him. We wouldn't have to go through the stress of not being able to actually spend time with one another and we probably wouldn't argue as much, if at all.
Loctav
Konkero is right. Your relationship has too many cracks till now, which are almost unfixable even for not long distance relationships.
And why should you say sorry? Did you do anything wrong? Don't put yourself down so much. Ever if, he's the one supposed to say sorry.
Also being able to visit him doesn't fix anything. Maybe the relationship only lasted for so long because you were not able to see each other regularly
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

Loctav wrote:

Konkero is right. Your relationship has too many cracks till now, which are almost unfixable even for not long distance relationships.
And why should you say sorry? Did you do anything wrong? Don't put yourself down so much. Ever if, he's the one supposed to say sorry.
Also being able to visit him doesn't fix anything. Maybe the relationship only lasted for so long because you were not able to see each other regularly
I'd apologize for making him feel unhappy during our relationship.
Konkero

AndyBoo wrote:

My plan if we ever got back together would be to finally meet him and tell him how sorry I am in person. For some reason I think it would be a lot easier if I were able to visit him. We wouldn't have to go through the stress of not being able to actually spend time with one another and we probably wouldn't argue as much, if at all.
Sorting things out face to face has the potential to help i'll agree with that. I think getting him to agree to meet would be a completely separate challenge though.
In my situation we always end up getting back together for brief periods of time in fact we just started talking again after 2 pretty long years. I think you two will have a connection either way for a long time.
In the end a break doesn't really hurt anyone you both end up growing up a lot in the time spent apart, more self improvements etc..
Loctav
And who does apologize for him being like this to you?
You are feeling unhappy, too - because he did this. There is no need for you to say sorry - nowhere.
Also it makes you appear even more unwanted to him, because he probably doesn't want you like that, pushing down yourself so much.
Seph
Don't push things that are obviously out of your way, you'll end up hurting yourself more. Things always don't go our way, and its pretty unhealthy for the both of you if you still keep on pushing it the way you want it to be.

Let it go, just think of it as you gave him the chance to find someone better.
Konkero

Loctav wrote:

You are feeling unhappy, too - because he did this. There is no need for you to say sorry - nowhere.
Also it makes you appear even more unwanted to him, because he probably doesn't want you like that, pushing down yourself so much.
Also this. I understand you're probably pretty upset but sounding really desperate, and you even said in it on skype "begging" really really REALLY doesn't make you seem more attractive at all.. Yes you can state your feelings, but doing so in a begging kind of way I can almost guarantee makes him uncomfortable.
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

Konkero wrote:

Sorting things out face to face has the potential to help i'll agree with that. I think getting him to agree to meet would be a completely separate challenge though.
In my situation we always end up getting back together for brief periods of time in fact we just started talking again after 2 pretty long years. I think you two will have a connection either way for a long time.
In the end a break doesn't really hurt anyone you both end up growing up a lot in the time spent apart, more self improvements etc..
I really hope I end up like that. A year or two to get my life on track would help in the long run either way. As long as I can still have contact with him during that time I guess I could try and cope with being alone.

Loctav wrote:

I don't know why but I feel that he has nothing to be sorry for. Feeling sorry for the situation does make me seem less desirable, I agree with that much. :/
DaddyCoolVipper
If your relationship isn't working, I don't think either side can be blamed. It's just a fact that you're going to have to live with. Don't resort to begging or guilt-tripping him into being with you from now on, please, as that will only make things worse and make him feel upset about his own feelings that he can't really control.
Loctav

Seph wrote:

Don't push things that are obviously out of your way, you'll end up hurting yourself more. Things always don't go our way, and its pretty unhealthy for the both of you if you still keep on pushing it the way you want it to be.

Or to realize that he made a mistake.
Yet I highly agree here that you, AndyBoo, should let it go and wait. Don't write him, don't even tell him that you will "leave him alone from now", just do it - without any warning.
You are not supposed to say sorry or to explain anything to him. He explained way enough when breaking up with you. Simply let it go and wait.

In German, we also say "Willst du gelten, mach dich selten" - generally meaning that "If you want to be valueable, make yourself rare", a fitting advise for this situation. Simply disappear out of his life and leave a huge hole for him. Up to him, how he wants to get it filled again - not to you.
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

Seph wrote:

It hurts to think about it that way. Not only does it make me think I'm not good enough for him it makes me feel even worse for wanting to be with him because all I'm doing is causing him to be unhappy.

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

If your relationship isn't working, I don't think either side can be blamed. It's just a fact that you're going to have to live with. Don't resort to begging or guilt-tripping him into being with you from now on, please, as that will only make things worse and make him feel upset about his own feelings that he can't really control.
I don't want to guilt him into wanting to be with me but I also don't want to just accept the fact he doesn't want to be with me.

Loctav wrote:

Or to realize that he made a mistake.
Yet I highly agree here that you, AndyBoo, should let it go and wait. Don't write him, don't even tell him that you will "leave him alone from now", just do it - without any warning.
You are not supposed to say sorry or to explain anything to him. He explained way enough when breaking up with you. Simply let it go and wait.

In German, we also say "Willst du gelten, mach dich selten" - generally meaning that "If you want to be valueable, make yourself rare", a fitting advise for this situation. Simply disappear out of his life and leave a huge hole for him. Up to him, how he wants to get it filled again - not to you.
It's too late for that, I already PM'd him the link to this thread and said "It seems that everyone feels that I should just drop this whole thing and leave you alone forever. It hurts so much though, Cameron. I'm sorry if I'm pestering you, I just don't want to lose you, as a hubby or as a friend."
winber1
You probably should have stopped annoying him and taken his friend request offer. Loctav said that you need to make yourself "rare," which is kind of true, but I believe you can't just cut ties completely from him. If you are able to become at least close enough that he unblocks you, then there is hope (for one), and you will at least feel better about youself that he doesn't find you bothersome (to be honest it almost feels like he's starting to hate you now for doing all this). Healing a crack in the relationship like this is not about the speed of the apology or the emotional drama, it's really just about time. You have to give him time to think about what he has done, and honestly I assure you that after a good amount of time, he will probably be in a better mood where you can ask him something without him retaliating completely against you.

At this point, he probably doesn't even want to talk to you, and if you want to get anything through to him, you probably just have to wait. And when you finally do talk to him, you can't add the emotional drama and apologies there either. It really has to be a very serious, formal conversation, yet at the same time distant (not clingy in any way).

As everyone said, at this point, you have to just deal with what has happened. This problem cannot be fixed within these upcoming weeks imo. But, keeping a small little tie to him will keep you happier and better your chances as well.

There really is no best answer, but being getting over cameron, like some have suggested, will probably make you the happiest. It all really depends on what you want. But you should not use your emotions to dictate the route. This matter needs you to think in a calm and practical manner.
Birdy
I understand him way more than I understand you. You remind me of my ex, so I've been in your ex's position before; stop, get over it. "Pestering" is only going to make it worse. It's annoying and stupid. You should have given it time, but you already fucked up, so I can't really help anymore.
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

winber1 wrote:

You probably should have stopped annoying him and taken his friend request offer. Loctav said that you need to make yourself "rare," which is kind of true, but I believe you can't just cut ties completely from him. If you are able to become at least close enough that he unblocks you, then there is hope (for one), and you will at least feel better about youself that he doesn't find you bothersome (to be honest it almost feels like he's starting to hate you now for doing all this). Healing a crack in the relationship like this is not about the speed of the apology or the emotional drama, it's really just about time. You have to give him time to think about what he has done, and honestly I assure you that after a good amount of time, he will probably be in a better mood where you can ask him something without him retaliating completely against you.

At this point, he probably doesn't even want to talk to you, and if you want to get anything through to him, you probably just have to wait. And when you finally do talk to him, you can't add the emotional drama and apologies there either. It really has to be a very serious, formal conversation, yet at the same time distant (not clingy in any way).

As everyone said, at this point, you have to just deal with what has happened. This problem cannot be fixed within these upcoming weeks imo. But, keeping a small little tie to him will keep you happier and better your chances as well.

There really is no best answer, but being getting over cameron, like some have suggested, will probably make you the happiest. It all really depends on what you want. But you should not use your emotions to dictate the route. This matter needs you to think in a calm and practical manner.
Thank you, I guess I'll leave him alone for now and hope he'll want to talk to me eventually. It's pretty much all I can do at this point.

Static Noise Bird wrote:

I understand him way more than I understand you. You remind me of my ex, so I've been in your ex's position before; stop, get over it. "Pestering" is only going to make it worse. It's annoying and stupid. You should have given it time, but you already fucked up, so I can't really help anymore.

I don't think I'll be able to get over it. I'll leave him alone for now though and hope he changes his mind. :/
Scorpium
Move on and find a new partner
reisende

GladiOol wrote:

I wanted to make a nice post.

But yea

You're a cancerous cunt.
Careful don't get yourself cut
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

GladiOol wrote:

But yea

You're a cancerous cunt.
Your attempt at a post gave me cancer.
Disso-
Look, I've been in the exact same position as you. LDR for 5 years started fighting etc etc. They want nothing to do with you anymore, the best thing you can do is just drop it and stop talking to them. You're going to feel like complete shit for weeks, months, maybe even longer depending on how well you can deal with the stress, but the more that you keep clinging on to the small hope that they might just be going through a phase the worse off you're going to be.

I know you're thinking "oh but he loves me he's just having a bad time/needs a break," but no, he's over you and really just wants you to stop pestering him. Be thankful that he's being up front about that and not just stringing you along for his own pleasure. You really need to cut your losses and move on, try and find something to distract you from the lingering thoughts that you'll be having whenever you're not with them. If you keep having those suicidal urges, you really need to talk to someone about it, it's better to let someone know that you're feeling like shit than to actually go through with something based on an outburst of emotions.
Miyu
As i read the logs i do really agree with some posts before mine..
You should of talk more serious without all these emoticons..it seems of wrong in my point of view
i can clearly see that he just found someone else..and he doesn't want to be with you anymore,even though the time you have spent with him he's just done with it and you have nothing to do but move on.
pressing him continuously will just make everything worst for both of you.
Just do the same..block him everywhere,get to spend time with your friends and in a couple of months you will be more then healed to move on someone else.
distance relationships seems to pretty much end on the same way..
it always starts to grow repetitive,annoying at some point,and there is no real contact with eachother,this pretty much causes the break ups.
pretty much advise you to find someone that can be next to you and hold you. as much harsh it sounds..its the best solution
this is just how i see it..it doesn't means that it will never work out because there is a few long distance relationships that actually worked out..well i guess.

i did passed through the same situation,but all that was left was moving on.

best luck for you
Elly-chan
leave him alone, realize there were too many faults to continue, and move on. it hurts, but remember: there's bound to be somebody else in this world who will love you unconditionally and want you exactly for who you are. as stated before, you're in denial, but you have to get over it. it will do you well. this 'relationship' or whatever you would call it right now is only hurting you. you don't deserve that- nobody does. even if things were magically fixed, nothing would ever be the same. trust me. i know.
DaddyCoolVipper

GladiOol wrote:

But yea

You're a cancerous cunt.
VoidnOwO
I wanted to make a nice post as well, but Loctav made it too difficult.

Loctav wrote:

leave a huge hole for him. Up to him, how he wants to get it filled again - not to you.

And yeah, posting chatlogs of someone who's trying to ignore you isn't really the best thing you can do.
Avena
I am the guy who met between Cameron and the canadian guy "Draculion" (He doesn't play osu! btw so don't even try to find him)
Drac is am amazing guy, he is not a "canadian jerk", he is one of my best friends, I almost commited suicide once but he was there to stop me and help me.
He didn't mean to still Cameron from you, Cameron didn't tell him until 2 days ago, I just let them meet eachother because they seemed to be able to be great friends, and it ended up in more than just friends I guess.
Drac broke up with his boyfriend 3 weeks ago, and ever since then he kept telling me how much he misses being in a relationship and how much he needs a lover, I didn't really think Cameron will be a great lover for him but just could be a great friend for him.
If there is anyone to blame here for this incident, it's me, don't blame it on Drac, he honestly didn't know that and he just wanted love.
UnderminE
Oh man drama is so strong
Hika

UnderminE wrote:

Oh man drama is so strong
Best to leave the thread untouched after that one post :P
but your answer is all here so maybe you just leave it the way it is, try not to make it worse because guilt tripping never gets anyone anywhere unless the other person is stupid or something equivalent to retarded
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

CreamLegit wrote:

I am the guy who met between Cameron and the canadian guy "Draculion" (He doesn't play osu! btw so don't even try to find him)
Drac is am amazing guy, he is not a "canadian jerk", he is one of my best friends, I almost commited suicide once but he was there to stop me and help me.
He didn't mean to still Cameron from you, Cameron didn't tell him until 2 days ago, I just let them meet eachother because they seemed to be able to be great friends, and it ended up in more than just friends I guess.
Drac broke up with his boyfriend 3 weeks ago, and ever since then he kept telling me how much he misses being in a relationship and how much he needs a lover, I didn't really think Cameron will be a great lover for him but just could be a great friend for him.
If there is anyone to blame here for this incident, it's me, don't blame it on Drac, he honestly didn't know that and he just wanted love.
It's fine I guess.. I'd just like to get back on good grounds with Cameron but he keeps ignoring me. :I

I mailed a letter to his parents last night asking if they could help because I was so upset and the mailcarrier already stopped by my house today. Soooooooo, good luck Cameron.
Elly-chan

AndyBoo wrote:

I mailed a letter to his parents last night asking if they could help because I was so upset and the mailcarrier already stopped by my house today. Soooooooo, good luck Cameron.
with that, we may end this thread, yes?
DaddyCoolVipper
"I mailed a letter to his parents last night asking if they could help because I was so upset"

Christ, man. Personal problems should be personal problems.

Agree with elly though
Topic Starter
AndyBoo_old

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

"I mailed a letter to his parents last night asking if they could help because I was so upset"

Agree with elly though
You've obviously never fallen in love. Shit tends to get crazy, especially if you're as cray as me.. o3o

EDIT: Ty everyone for your kind words of wisdom. I've decided to get over all of this and hopefully be a friend to Cameron and nothing more (if we wants to be). I don't know people say the Osu community is bad, there was only like one pseudo troll on this entire thread. You guys rock~
Miyu
inb4 lock
Birdy

AndyBoo wrote:

DaddyCoolVipper wrote:

Agree with elly though
You've obviously never fallen in love. Shit tends to get crazy, especially if you're as cray as me.. o3o

EDIT: Ty everyone for your kind words of wisdom. I've decided to get over all of this and hopefully be a friend to Cameron and nothing more (if we wants to be). I don't know people say the Osu community is bad, there was only like one pseudo troll on this entire thread. You guys rock~
This is General Discussion. If you want to know how cancerous this gets, visit Off-Topic.
Elly-chan
alright, looks like we're finished here. glad to be of service! //bows