forum

Spinner problem when ingoring beatmap skin + scorescreen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Krunschy
Firstly I noticed that when I play a beatmap with "ignore beatmap skin" that the spinner isn't the default one but the one from the old default skin, which I don't like that much, while having no real idea how to replace it with the new one. Even when I "made a skin" including only the new spinner it didn't work, so I'd like to ask if anyone knows how to make that happen.
This may be caused by the fact that my skin is the default one mixed with a few elements by myself. Exchanging the spinner with a spinner from another skin works though, as long as "Prefer new default skin behaviour (animations etc.)" is unticked of course.

Secondly I have another request. When unticking the mentioned "Prefer new default skin behaviour (animations etc.)" in the options many numbers are not placed properly resulting in a scorescreen like this:
If someone knew how to fix this I would be gratefull.
Thanks in anticipation for your effort.
Full Tablet
Some maps force the old spinner behavior. For that case you can skin both a new-style skin and an old-style spinner in your skin folder.
Topic Starter
Krunschy

Full Tablet wrote:

Some maps force the old spinner behavior. For that case you can skin both a new-style skin and an old-style spinner in your skin folder.
Ok, that information helped for sure, so I implemented an old spinner skin and it only works on those maps where the old default skin is prefered. However unfortunately this led to the occurence that the new spinner approach circle is used on the old spinners. I placed a transparent "spinnerapproachcircle" image in the folder unsuccessfully. That's pretty complex. xP

Edit: Just found out that the old spinners approach circle looked the same so maybe it's its.
chelly
Unchecking the Prefer New Style option makes the game use the old alignments, which does not work well with the new skin. There's no way to "fix" this, you'll just have to use a custom skin that has aligned the elements properly.
Topic Starter
Krunschy

chelly wrote:

Unchecking the Prefer New Style option makes the game use the old alignments, which does not work well with the new skin. There's no way to "fix" this, you'll just have to use a custom skin that has aligned the elements properly.
Hm, thanks for your help anyways. I put the thing with the displaced numbers just here, because I was making a thread anyways and asking can't harm. ^^
deadbeat
t/51694 use this thread for future use :)
also t/123785 :p