forum

Private chat "Player" is typing.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +259
show more
abraker
Bumperoo!

You have no idea how many times I send a messages right before the other player sends me one and it becomes awkward. I want to know the other player is typing so I can know what how to respond to a full idea not to a partial idea.
Endie-
Yes please!
+1
Halogen-
I imagine this not being the most feasible due to being structured along IRC, but... if it's actually possible, then why not?
FrzR

Halogen- wrote:

I imagine this not being the most feasible due to being structured along IRC, but... if it's actually possible, then why not?
I was thinking of a server sided approach where the "typing" is sent to the receiver from the server as a private message, but that might disturb the flow of the conversation. Either that, or it will only work on the game.
Bara-
I like this, can be really helpful to prevent double conversations (though what also might happen is that both players stop writing then)
lilynya
Topic Starter
WingSilent
What about now ?
Are people still looking for this kind of feature ..?
Qiyana

Lumy wrote:

What about now ?
Nice post
Pachiru
next time, add a "Read" facebook message if the player noticed your message lol
Luqanted
if this were to happen, i think the chat system thingy will change its appearance or something
Axon

Pachiru wrote:

next time, add a "Read" facebook message if the player noticed your message lol
Please no, if im ignoring someone i dont want them to know i read their message.
arviejhay
Again, this is requested and denied it many times. I already requested this but it won't happen xD
Seijiro
I see no pros, but no cons either, so I'd just go with my personal preference and say I don't like the idea.
Topic Starter
WingSilent

Dyl-Byl wrote:

Lumy wrote:

What about now ?
Nice post
Thanks.

Now, chill out with your shit post.
Ashton
I was thinking the same thing tbh, it would be like chatting on discord I guess, and I always wanted to have this implemented you have my support
MrKosiej
Yes, Please
Frozen_Rhythm
Simple features such as this would still be great for other players. So, why not? If some don't like it, then let them have a disabling option for that.

PS: Please don't say too much negative comments on feature requests. Respect the ideas of others.
Ashton

Frozen_Rhythm wrote:

Simple features such as this would still be great for other players. So, why not? If some don't like it, then let them have a disabling option for that.

PS: Please don't say too much negative comments on feature requests. Respect the ideas of others.

I agree, but people should be free to leave negative comments as it's their own opinion on why they think this shouldn't be added
Frozen_Rhythm

Whirl wrote:

Frozen_Rhythm wrote:

I agree, but people should be free to leave negative comments as it's their own opinion on why they think this shouldn't be added

You also have a point there.
Sunny Senpai
YES PLS! Here's my vote!
hoetology
Maybe adding a disable feature for it if people don't really like it
Sandy Hoey
I don't this is something that would have a disabling feature. It wouldn't have much of an impact if it was added and even if you didn't like the feature, it wouldn't really have any large impact. its just a visual that only would appear when the chat is open