forum

Your arm/hand position for tablet players.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cokezi-
I want to see how far back your tablet is on your desk, how/where you rest your arm/hand, just generally your positioning.. Just to see how my style differs..

I'll post a pic later of mine later, the reason I'm curious is because I can't really find a position that's comfortable or that works..
Mythras
I struggled w/that until I built up a nice callus on my thumb and side of my middle finger (which braces the tablet) formed lmao.

After that happened it was fine. I hold it just like I hold a pencil maybe a bit less tight.
Anhedonia
removed
JoyceSn

EternalGlory wrote:

Kind of struggling too with grip, but right now i'm using this area

and this position (its 470 tablet):
Eternal please we all know the position of your hands changes every day...
And your tablet area too forgot to mention.
Chanoun

This is what I use, I play fullscreen and I rest my hand so it doesn't have to move as much
Yano

Tablet Area + Osu! Resoulution (Desktop Resolution 1920x1080) :

[ Renpai ]

My desktop and osu! resolution are the same (1680x1050, fullscreen).
My hand is resting on the table (not the tablet) while playing.
JAKACHAN
ITT: A bunch of the same grips and hand positions.
those

JAKACHAN wrote:

ITT: A bunch of the same grips and hand positions.
Mmm jaaaa
Trust
I got my elbows resting on my desk.

Elbows are part of the arm right?
GenoClysm

I find no issues with this, 1920x1080 resolution ingame. Maybe might make the tablet area a little smaller, i'm still new to osu btw, just had a spare graphics tablet.
FourFangedCow
I hold my tablet pen exactly like I hold a pencil which means the side of my hand is directly pressed against the tablet. It's extremely ineffective, but holding it in any other way seems uncomfortable for me. It also means I play better wearing long sleeves. Not even joking.

I also place with my tablet in front of my keyboard, probably because I mostly play on a laptop.
winber1

FourFangedCow wrote:

I hold my tablet pen exactly like I hold a pencil which means the side of my hand is directly pressed against the tablet. It's extremely ineffective, but holding it in any other way seems uncomfortable for me. It also means I play better wearing long sleeves. Not even joking.

I also place with my tablet in front of my keyboard, probably because I mostly play on a laptop.
I don't know why you say it's extremely ineffective. I hold my pen just like I hold my pencil. The side of my pinkie and ring finger and my palm is resting on the tablet. Not that great of a player, but still is working fine. Unless the way you are holding is physically preventing you to reach certain areas on the screen, any grip can be very effective.

However, I don't really see why that means long sleeves make you play better. Having the side of my hand rest on the sleeve makes me play worse, unless I guess you write like that.

Also my tablet is to the right of my laptop, and behind my mouse pad, so basically my elbow is resting on the table.
Biturbo

1280x800 screen resolution (fullscreen)
Rewben2

I play at 1366x768.

Also relevant: Cookiezi grip
GoldenWolf

Rewben2 wrote:

Who is Cookiezi?
Rewben2

GoldenWolf wrote:

Rewben2 wrote:

Who is Cookiezi?
Justin Bieber.

There's no way you started playing in mid 2012 and don't know who cookie is, pls
Mikelicious
Who is Justin Bieber?
Rewben2

-MikexD- wrote:

Who is Justin Bieber?
Cookiezi.
Daru
From a very old video, but I still play the same way that I draw:

Full tablet area, fullscreen, thumb on left expresskeys.
GoldenWolf
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/Cookiezi

Sorry I couldn't find this Cookiezi guy :(
Bang

Don't mind my ps2
buny

stunnersss wrote:

Don't mind my ps2
i really don't understand why a lot of people like this position
Bang
I just started like this and never changed, are there any cons to this position?
buny

stunnersss wrote:

I just started like this and never changed, are there any cons to this position?
Probably not, it really is only preference
though i just prefer to not have my arm stretched across my table to reach the keyboard, i like to have my arms at equal length.
Oinari-sama

Daru wrote:

From a very old video, but I still play the same way that I draw:

Full tablet area, fullscreen, thumb on left expresskeys.
That tablet's got a huge drawing area 0.0
show more