forum

Playing Hidden

posted
Total Posts
show more
xAshurix
<- noob at HD c:
Nanika133
Also, the higher the AR the easier it gets..

Play AR10 with HD and you'll be good
Sharpy_old

VelperK wrote:

fl sucks dont play it
yes. play AR10 instead
Sharpy_old

Nanika133 wrote:

do you know what is ar10? It's hard even with HT, no with HD D:
Gomenasai-Chan

Sharpy wrote:

To be honest, Nanika133 is correct.
ZHsteven posted a good map for HD training. The rest was mentioned already. Viewing at the middle of the screen and getting a feeling for the falling speed is helping you a lot.
Nanika133

Sharpy wrote:

Nanika133 wrote:

Dude, a lot of players can't even play AR9 without HD... It helps you keeping your eyes up.
Kurokami

Nanika133 wrote:

Dude, a lot of players can't even play AR9 without HD... It helps you keeping your eyes up.
I can play AR9 w/o Hidden and I can play with it. But I can't play AR10 w/o it. q.q
ZHSteven
it depends.
Yes, for map with AR9 above, it will be easier for most of the player. But there IS some player reallly good at HR ONLY with high AR map.
your choice.

Off-topic
I think if you want to play real hidden, try to find some AR6 or AR7 jumping map to practice. Only AR6,7+ hidden can be called as Hidden.
(e.g. chocobo, i want you, james FF7, etc)
desaturation

xAshurix wrote:

<- noob at HD c:
highfive :(
Topic Starter
Rorona
I have still yet to beat a single song in hidden. :/
SUBSTAC9

119410501 wrote:

Rorona wrote:

How do you do it.

I mean, I can do it, just I get something like 95% accuracy because I miss all the small things.
The power of imagination.

Rorona wrote:

I have still yet to beat a single song in hidden. :/
moe.
eldnl
play hd+ez to practice
Azeidith
i just need to get the timing down whit hidden i suck whit hidden right now
OsuMe65
look above, catch after...

that's what i do
tsundoll
The way I do it is I have a very distinct hitsound. That helps me keep track of when I can move. Timing you get down really quickly with practice. There's a retry button for a reason.
Karote
Sorry if I asked stupid question , but what is AR10 and AR6 you all talk about? c:
eldnl
Approach Rate, the fruit's falling velocity, where AR10 is the higher velocity that you can get normally.
Mamat
Yes me too I have the same problem with you,can play flashlight but can't play hidden.I was feeling left out when all my friends can do that :(
Topic Starter
Rorona
Gangsterkill

Jokes aside, congratulations mate, keep it up!
Killua99
adxnsjjxhdjss
Coffee Hero
Nevermind
autofanboy
practice low ar hd and u good
Fudge_old_1

alienflybot wrote:

afb pls
Killua99

alienflybot wrote:

alien skill
Shivarion

Sharpy wrote:

Kiai time slightly reveals the fruits, that helps, and yes, you must imagine them falling, that's the way.
it's true. an addition from me:
you will getting used to play hidden if you always use hidden in every beatmaps you play....
Just like me... Now i'm hard to play if i'm not using hidden. :o
Shivarion

willia02 wrote:

Yes me too I have the same problem with you,can play flashlight but can't play hidden.I was feeling left out when all my friends can do that :(
that's weird....
Hidden is probably easier than flashlight....
I can't imagine how could you play flashlight in insane diff
SlurpMaiRamenx3
It took me a few days to be able to play hidden and not miss anything. Even now I miss stuff now and then. My method is that I play the beatmap a few times so that I know where to move my catcher, and then I play hidden. So I know where I should move my catcher. Also, with hidden you have to be more careful and move a bit slower. Hidden makes me nervous sometimes xD. I can only play hidden on easy and normal ;-;.
Yukiteru Amano
Play HD non-stop NEVER turn it off no matter what. After a while you got It :)
Kitokofox
HD is more of a memory game. Once you get more used to how the game works and how the catcher moves in relation to you controlling it, you'll be able to move the catcher accordingly and memorize how much you need to press the controls to make that distance. HD should become a lot more worthwhile for you to do once you get used to that and remember it. Because then you can just stream through a map and whatever wacky sliders or combos it may happen to present you with.
Zanicia
Mm I think that is a good explanation how hidden works