forum

Backgrounds [Added in b77] [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
IcePagoda
Is there a way to add a static background image to a beatmap? In Stepmania I know you can add a background image in the SM file, and I was wondering if the same applies to the ocz file in Osu.

I would like to have a background image show up behind a chart when it doesn't come with a video (if specified in the beatmap file), instead of that blue screen. It would give charts more personality than just having nothing back there.
peppy
This is actually part of design mode which is yet to be implemented. Its been going through my head for ages.. but alas - my time is way too limited.

That said, I have already coded what is necessary to add images into the osu file manually. I'm sure this will suffice for the time being - so I'll clean it up and have a version out tonight with support for this feature.
peppy
To add a background to your beatmap, follow this example:

[Events]
0,<startTimeMs>,"imagefile.png"

So if you want a background from the start, set the startTimeMs value to 0. This is currently very basic support, I know, but it should be enough to take the bore out of that blue background screen. Images are automatically resized to take the full width of the window.