forum

Cube World

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Mara

playing with silm right now, I'm sleeping on the bed just to make night over faster

just hit lvl 77
silmarilen
done for today, i think im lvl 33 or 34, was getting boosted by mara hardcore
traveling around takes years, probably best to lvl up your glider and mount speed
Kethsar
I'm an Elf Water Mage. 2pro4u
EDIT: Hurr durr Western US for region.
Jinxy
Got bored from revising for my exams, so I got myself a... "demo" and tried it out. Will definitely buy it after the exams though.

A Scout Ranger is pretty fun, I can start a fight from afar and they're already half dead by the time they reach me. Combo that with the Scout passive (chance of instant M2 charge up) and the Kick skill, and it's still really viable in close range. The fighting mechanics are also really fun, a stream of well timed dodges means I can kill a lot of shit without needing heals.

From Mara's video, bosses are way too spongy though. 8 friggin minutes to solo a boss, christ
UnderminE
My account is ready, soon I will start playing this delicious game. Though Tera always comes first somehow.
Uni
So i just got this game and i'm gonna go for Ranger/Rogue
Topic Starter
Mara

Jinxy wrote:

From Mara's video, bosses are way too spongy though. 8 friggin minutes to solo a boss, christ
Don't worry, high HP bosses are uncommon.
Jinxy

Mara wrote:

Jinxy wrote:

Don't worry, high HP bosses are uncommon.
As in, bosses are uncommon and they all have high HP, or there are mostly bosses with less HP? I was fighting a blue-named Snout Beetle and it took quite a while.
thelewa
I still can't get an account ;_;
Topic Starter
Mara

Jinxy wrote:

As in, bosses are uncommon and they all have high HP, or there are mostly bosses with less HP? I was fighting a blue-named Snout Beetle and it took quite a while.
There are mostly bosses with less HP. There are few with massive amount of HP tho.

another high hp boss

Jinxy
wow

I found a chicken boss, pretty easy at first, then it starts summoning clones of ME

which is still pretty easy actually

THEN I GET AMBUSHED BY 2 LASER WIZARDS JUST BEFORE I KILLED THE BOSS

FUCK
UnderminE
Mara is 100+ lv already, gg Mara
Topic Starter
Mara

Potions.
thelewa

help
Mianki
I'm finally getting the hang of this game. I'm a lvl 18 Human Water Mage.
Jinxy
Well, I'm kinda apprehensive about getting the game for real at this point in time now. The game itself is pretty polished for an alpha, yes, but I'm more concerned about its future, the beta, release, etc.

Wollay and his wife has basically been tanking everything on his own; dev, site/server, and customer support despite other indie companies reaching out to him to give help, and he's doing a less than stellar job at some parts tbh, especially giving the community updates. Last twitter update was 4-5 days ago. It's not going to hold up well at this rate if he doesn't change his idea of soloing the project.

Just my 2c, maybe it'll get better after the whole DDoS fiasco dies down and he gets enough time and money (mostly money, guy's probably sitting on a large pile of dosh) to hire help.
Azure_Kite
To be fair though, there are a lot of indie projects that give little to no info to customers on their doings. StarForge being a pretty darn unprofessional example. That being said, I can sorta understand how Cubeworld is this guy's Labour of Love; he doesn't want anybody else's grubby hands getting into it at the moment. Whether that's reasonable or not is another matter.
Elisha_old
Looks like a fun game, im gonna have to give it a try sometime.
Azure_Kite

I have found home.
Topic Starter
Mara

FROG MASTER RACE
Gaba
First loot power 100

Azure_Kite

Azr's ger so crapy
Jinxy
Finally got Retreat today.

Crossbow Ranger master class what are Ninjas

On another note, does the game make anyone else's GPUs max out? Seems to be a common problem and was wondering who else here noticed it
Azure_Kite
GPU, not so much. CPU, heck yes.
Topic Starter
Mara
Turn VSync on from video driver settings.
Jinxy
VSync, Triple Buffering, 60fps cap from external program, and it apparently still takes 99% of my GPU and heating it up to 85C. Nvidia 650M.
Topic Starter
Mara
PREPARE YOURSELF

TIME TO MELT PCS
Azure_Kite
And your present avatar is oh so fitting.
UnderminE
I was just cutely swimming in a lake as a brave level 1, then suddenly a damn green scary thing started chasing me. I ran but he was running faster. After running for at least 15 minutes, I finally decided to turn back and when I was back to my senses, I noticed that I was dead.

Best game
Mianki
The beginning of the game can be frustrating as fuck especially if you play alone. It was for me when I was playing as Warrior for the first time.
Jinxy
Yeah, it's pretty unbalanced, since at Lv 1 you either kill 1xp mobs or take too long to kill/get killed by anything harder. At around lv 3-5 when you can do quest bosses it gets significantly easier.

EDIT: Holy fuck, those larger than normal "bosses" are piss compared to a real boss. I fought a Troll and it was fucking insane, on a completely different level. Massive damage along with unique moves, I was dodging like a madman
Backfire
Ranger Crossbow is the only way to play. Exploits ahoy, this game is impossible without it.
Jinxy
Nah, you just suck. I main Boomerang Scout and it's all about stacking a massive hit combo -> ignore armor, timing dodges/retreats, and holding your stunning moves (M2 and Kick) for when they're susceptible to stuns (i.e. not when they just got up from a stun and still have stars on their heads). Scout is especially good for the last one since the passive means I can launch 100MP strikes without charging when it counts.

Also, if you really want to exploit to the max, a Ninja is better since they auto-dodge and are invulnerable when they M2, and that auto-dodge gives mp for them to do the next M2, rinse and repeat.
Backfire
>You just suck
>Oh man that troll was hard!
>I killed it in like 2 seconds

Yeah man, I suck at this game.
UnderminE

Mianki wrote:

The beginning of the game can be frustrating as fuck especially if you play alone. It was for me when I was playing as Warrior for the first time.
I'm an archer, I was just waiting for reisende to connect. I just wanted to run around while that. ;_;
silmarilen
i decided that archers sucked and i made a rogue, its still lvl 1 tho.
Topic Starter
Mara
You guys are forcing me to go warrior, jesus.

also BF plz stop that >><<>>>> bullshit thx no nerds allowed
Mianki
Tank tank tank.
Topic Starter
Mara
Also speaking of impossible trolls

no glitchin' allowed
Backfire

Mara wrote:

You guys are forcing me to go warrior, jesus.

also BF plz stop that >><<>>>> bullshit thx no nerds allowed
>faggot
show more