forum

Cant play well with wacom bamboo cth-470s

posted
Total Posts
show more
Mathsma
Make your tablet area very small and comfortable for you with force proportions enabled, and then over time slowly increase your tablet area until you reach full area. Also, keep your osu! in-game sensitivity set to 1.0x

When I first got my tablet I played on around half area because it felt similar in speed to my mouse sensitivity and over the course of 2 weeks I slowly changed my tablet area to full area, so you don't have to rush into getting your tablet area to full area. It might take a couple of months for you to get there, but you will with time and practice and it should be fine.
Kaeru
Wait.. what? 3500 DPI and 4x mouse sensitvity? How does anyone play like this..

But yeah, as others are saying, try adjusting your play area on the tablet or get used to using the mouse with a lower DPI setting.
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki

Kaeru wrote:

Wait.. what? 3500 DPI and 4x mouse sensitvity? How does anyone play like this..

But yeah, as others are saying, try adjusting your play area on the tablet or get used to using the mouse with a lower DPI setting.
hahaha,but yeah i really feel comfort with that speed,even wanted to buy a higher dpi mouse and put 4 sensitivty lol(my own prespective,faster the better but don't feel it right now ;x)gotta start all over again T_T
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki
I still don't know which pen holding style is the best... tried all all fucked lol.. really like desperate now.. got a feeling like cannot improve.. emo.... :(
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

This is how you're supposed to hold your pen, all other methods are inferior.

Yeah still haven't try this,can u give me the details on how to hold the pen like him?
GensokyoAkuma

zhuen1998 wrote:

Yeah still haven't try this,can u give me the details on how to hold the pen like him?
Thats me btw, and yeah, you just grab it and slide it over your tablet :|
here lemme give you a view from the other side

I'm resting the part of my arm like right before my elbow on the edge of my desk btw, so like my elbow is off of the table, and then my arm is lifted diagonally upwards and I just grab the pen and slide it around, note that this method is really tiresome and will hurt like fuck on longer maps untill you've practised it for like a couple of weeks. But since most osu! players are masochists it shouldn't be a problem, right?
Mathsma
What I did to find a good pen holding style was mimic Cookiezi's pen grip and then play a couple games with it like that, and over time the pen slipped into a more comfortable grip and that is the grip I use now.

Here is a video of Cookiezi playing live so you can see his grip if you want to try using his.

Wishy
I'm gonna say the only thing you need to hear:

Get used to playing with a low sensitivity.
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki

Mathsma wrote:

What I did to find a good pen holding style was mimic Cookiezi's pen grip and then play a couple games with it like that, and over time the pen slipped into a more comfortable grip and that is the grip I use now.

Here is a video of Cookiezi playing live so you can see his grip if you want to try using his.

Guess i'll be using this holding method.Currently improving-only problem is,i hold my pen too high lol,(because i afraid that the tip touch the board.Does cookiezi touches the board with the pen tip while playing?
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki

Wishy wrote:

I'm gonna say the only thing you need to hear:

Get used to playing with a low sensitivity.
Yeah..
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

zhuen1998 wrote:

I'm resting the part of my arm like right before my elbow on the edge of my desk btw, so like my elbow is off of the table, and then my arm is lifted diagonally upwards and I just grab the pen and slide it around, note that this method is really tiresome and will hurt like fuck on longer maps untill you've practised it for like a couple of weeks. But since most osu! players are masochists it shouldn't be a problem, right?
I will see which pen holding is suitable for me,thankyou for helping me ^^
Mathsma

zhuen1998 wrote:

Mathsma wrote:

Guess i'll be using this holding method.Currently improving-only problem is,i hold my pen too high lol,(because i afraid that the tip touch the board.Does cookiezi touches the board with the pen tip while playing?
Cookiezi hovers his pen over the tablet. In order to learn how to hover well don't be afraid to let the tip of your pen touch the tablet sometimes because its better to touch the tablet occasionaly rather than hovering too high and having the tablet lose track of your cursor. With time and practice you will get used to hovering the pen right over the tablet and not touch it while playing.
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki
[/quote]
Guess i'll be using this holding method.Currently improving-only problem is,i hold my pen too high lol,(because i afraid that the tip touch the board.Does cookiezi touches the board with the pen tip while playing?[/quote]
Cookiezi hovers his pen over the tablet. In order to learn how to hover well don't be afraid to let the tip of your pen touch the tablet sometimes because its better to touch the tablet occasionaly rather than hovering too high and having the tablet lose track of your cursor. With time and practice you will get used to hovering the pen right over the tablet and not touch it while playing.[/quote]
Yeah,should be okay now,just played few insane maps and get around 350 combo,kinda get used to it now-im using my own holding style-and its good for me just sometime spin kinda hard lol(300 np just cant get extra score) Thanks anyway for helping me so much ^^ hope u have a nice day
pitbull2k4

GensokyoAkuma wrote:

zhuen1998 wrote:

Do you drag or hover? I assumed dragging since you said 'slide around', but I can't tell for sure by the video. I might actually try this since I've just started tablet a few days ago, so I'm not too set in my ways. I still find it awkward to get to the edges of the screen and if I start to move my wrist/arm I might aswell go all the way. Kind of a 'it's crazy enough that it might just work grip' (no offense) =)
Da Holy One
my current dpi is 2200 and i just changed the osu sensitivity to 1.2 so that it felt comfortable. Should I have changed the dpi instead of osu and if so what would be comparable settings to what I have now.

also I have the smallest viewport for my tablet settings is that something I should work on increasing or am I fine with just being used to this.

http://puu.sh/3yqp6.jpg
Mathsma

Da Holy One wrote:

my current dpi is 2200 and i just changed the osu sensitivity to 1.2 so that it felt comfortable. Should I have changed the dpi instead of osu and if so what would be comparable settings to what I have now.

also I have the smallest viewport for my tablet settings is that something I should work on increasing or am I fine with just being used to this.

http://puu.sh/3yqp6.jpg
Its always better to change your dpi instead of using a multiplier. In your case a comparable dpi would be 2600 (2200*1.2). To answer your second question, in my opinion you should play with the most area that feels comfortable. I use full area with osu! at 1440x900 and I feel like I have great control over my cursor. I'm sure it is possible to play at a high level with a very small active area, but increasing the area would allow for more consistent play.
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki
Still.. cant get full combo on any map T_T keep changing my holding pen(from my wrist)not sure how to stabilize the angle
GoldenWolf
Practice and you'll eventually get used to it.
astelios
Hello, im a noob
I use:
Pen mode, the smaller area in tablet, force proportions, game sensitivity x1.
Yes, is a big change (i used to use sensitivity x4 too ><) but is a lot better for me now ^^
Da Holy One
ok so im now moderately confused, i have a logitech g9 mouse that is set to 2200 dpi as my normal. I set it using the logitech software
http://puu.sh/3yw95.jpg

i tried changing it to 400 dpi and while it works for my mouse making it move super slowly, it doesnt change the speed of my tablet at all.

How do i figure out/change the speed of my tablet/ the primary reason I have it set the sensitivity to 1.2 right now is because I already set my tablet area to the smallest proportion that I could and it still felt like it was moving slow so i raised the sensitivity in osu
GensokyoAkuma

pitbull2k4 wrote:

Do you drag or hover? I assumed dragging since you said 'slide around', but I can't tell for sure by the video. I might actually try this since I've just started tablet a few days ago, so I'm not too set in my ways. I still find it awkward to get to the edges of the screen and if I start to move my wrist/arm I might aswell go all the way. Kind of a 'it's crazy enough that it might just work grip' (no offense) =)
Yup, I drag it against the tablet ^^
GoldenWolf

Da Holy One wrote:

ok so im now moderately confused, i have a logitech g9 mouse that is set to 2200 dpi as my normal. I set it using the logitech software
http://puu.sh/3yw95.jpg

i tried changing it to 400 dpi and while it works for my mouse making it move super slowly, it doesnt change the speed of my tablet at all.

How do i figure out/change the speed of my tablet/ the primary reason I have it set the sensitivity to 1.2 right now is because I already set my tablet area to the smallest proportion that I could and it still felt like it was moving slow so i raised the sensitivity in osu
Changing the DPI of your mouse doesn't affect your tablet at all, because it's all dependant of the area size you've set in the tablet settings.

And wtf is really the smallest area too big for you? lol dude..

GoldenWolf wrote:

Practice and you'll eventually get used to it.
winber1
you can literally change the area to like 1cmx1cm and probably even smaller. I am assuming he is doing something wrong, or his tablet is complete crap. Probably doing something wrong though.

You should have tablet preferences somewhere on your computer and you should be able to change the area there. I don't know how the smallest area is too big for you, like Golden said.... like wtf how is that possible.

On topic with the OP: stop trying to copy people. Honestly just hold it in the first position you find to be comfortable. For me it was just an average pencil grip. I hold my pen exactly how i would hold a pencil. With practice you will learn how to use whatever grip you have.
Da Holy One
well for my mouse fori every inch i move it on the mousepad represents a fullscreen so 2 inches to the right i can go across both desktops.

ive always just planted my wrist on the tablet and only use my fingers so I can move the curser anywhere in osu
B00l3t
Are there any benefits to using a smaller tablet area?
GoldenWolf
If you have really small hands, yes.
buny

B00l3t wrote:

for me, a small area let's me grip the pen without losing the grip
Da Holy One
thx for the advice on changing tablet settings. I made my box bigger and set my osu from 1.2 sensitivity to 1.0 it took about 30 min to get used to but after that my skill improved about 10% it was a very noticeable increase
nrl

B00l3t wrote:

It's the same as increasing mouse sensitivity if you play with a mouse.
Topic Starter
Mashiro Yuki
just passed the gold dust(insane) with tablet yesterday-kinda happy as i can't pass that map with my mouse -got around 225 combo