forum

Project Miraiosu! mode?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Indra145
I would like to suggest a new game mode which is based on a 3DS game called "Project Mirai"
I have searched through this feature request forum and I didn't found any of this (sorry if I'm wrong), all I find is a request for Project Diva like gameplay which peppy himself didn't like and he doesn't seems to have any intentions adding it.

So, with that said I like to clearify that project diva and project mirai have different game style (although in both game all you have to do is just press buttons, but it still fun imo). Project Mirai also has a sequel called Project Mirai 2, which the game style is also different than the prequel itself. I would like to suggest both of them, in case you guys don't agree with Project Mirai gameplay, maybe you like project mirai gameplay 2 better, or the other way around, or maybe you like both of them and could make a mode(s) for them both (?).

Here are some screenshots and videos about how project mirai 1 & 2 plays :

Screenshot for Project Mirai Gameplay :

Video of the Gameplay :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nF0SrpEe-Y

Screenshot for Project Mirai 2 Gameplay :

Video of the Gameplay :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y3EOClo-fw << It's the trailer actually
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q496gXARS4M << A more detailed explanation about the game ( Sorry, it's in japanese )

That's all I have to say, thanks for taking your time to read it, I hope this feature can get implemented :) .
Again, I'm sorry if this feature has been asked or suggested before, because I have searched through and I can't find any of this suggested.
pixeldesu
I have to say that this looks very nice and I guess it would fit pretty well into osu! (in fact it looks like a multi-key taiko on a circle playfield). I'm not throwing any stars yet, let's see how this request turns out.

This looks quite promising and (if it will be implemented) I sure would play it.
Kurokami
This is looks like the current Standard for me. True, it is not entirelly the same, but I think they are similar enough. We don't really need the same game mode twice. Sorry.

/offtopic Looks interesting, maybe I will buy it.
pixeldesu

Indra145 wrote:

all you have to do is just press buttons

Kurokami wrote:

This is looks like the current Standard for me.
@Kurokami: I think you might get it wrong a bit, Project Mirai (the first one) only consists of pressing the keys shown on screen, when that circular metre reaches them, in the sequel there is that Touch Mode where you can additionally press on the bottom touchscreen of the 3DS.

So there is likely no big similarity between Standard and Project Mirai.
Magnolia
support :D
Oinari-sama
Looks more like a Mania skin than standard
Kurokami
If you just pressing the buttons when the circle reach them, then it is like the current Mania. If you think about a bit, this game is already in osu! just a bit separated. Mania is for pressing and Standard for moving and touching. You suggest to make those two game mode into one create a new one with this way.

Even though it would be interesting the same way will be kinda borring too. In the original game, you see a video while playing, but in osu! it isn't that easy to implement. Yes, there are maps with video, but many players turn them off (just as I), because they are bothers. While the original game isn't that bothering, its looking good actually. And to implement one video which is always playing, eh, many players will hate it.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not against it nor support it. I'm just trying to pointing out some problem.
Topic Starter
Indra145

Kurokami wrote:

Even though it would be interesting the same way will be kinda borring too. In the original game, you see a video while playing, but in osu! it isn't that easy to implement. Yes, there are maps with video, but many players turn them off (just as I), because they are bothers. While the original game isn't that bothering, its looking good actually. And to implement one video which is always playing, eh, many players will hate it.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not against it nor support it. I'm just trying to pointing out some problem.
Well, I'm not saying that you must play with video in this mode, you can turn it off if you like just like in any other mode, it's about choice and preferences.
Thanks for the feedback though
Kurokami
Yes, but w/o video, it will be kinda borring since you are doing nothing more that pressing the buttons. Anyways, lets see how this request will turn out.
izzydemon
this is basically a mix of mania and standard

weird
DJKero
Neh, its just a waste of time to code something like this into osu!, it's not challenging at any point and peppy or whatever offers to code this new mode should do better things like copying this... :/