forum

Inquiry about letter grades given at the end of the beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
theskyfish
When the beatmap ends you get a letter grade depending on how you did right? Can someone explain how the A, B, and C scale works out? I know how S and SS work, but I thought it was suppose to be 80% for a B and 90% for an A?I have had times when i finish a beatmap with a 85% yet it still counts as a C. Same applies for beatmaps that i finish with 92-93% and end up with a B. Naturally, the letter grade is less important than the score, but a C looks depressing to see even if the score is fairly high. Thanks in advance!
Full Tablet
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Standard#Grades

So it depends on the amount of 300's and whether you had misses or not.

A rule of thumb would be (results can vary depending on the beatmap and the particular play).:
94%+ Expect a S if no misses (or A with misses).
87%+ Expect an A if no misses (or B with misses).
80%+ Expect a B if no misses (or C with misses).
74%+ Expect a C.
Thatgooey
Also, S grade can include slider breaks, so you can get an S without a full combo!
XK2238

Thatgooey wrote:

Also, S grade can include slider breaks, so you can get an S without a full combo!
^ this
also, from my personal experiences in std, getting too much 50s can cause your grade to drop one level, even if your acc qualifies for those in Full Tablet's post (i.e. 95-96% FC with quite a lot of 50s will grant you A instead of S).
Kanye West
I think 93% no misses is S, not 94.
Full Tablet

Kanye West wrote:

If there aren't 50s or misses, it would be more than 93.33%. It it has less than 1% and more than 0% of 50s, the needed accuracy would be slightly lower.
If there are more than or exactly 1% of 50s, then it can't be a S.
Winshley

Kanye West wrote:

Someone can still get an FC with A rank, even with 98.10% Accuracy. That's because he got 50 on a map with less than 100 objects (in this case: 79 objects).

Quoting from osu!wiki:

[quote="osu!wiki":151cf]
  1. SS = 100% accuracy
  2. S = Over 90% 300s, less than 1% 50s and no misses.
  3. A = Over 80% 300s and no misses OR over 90% 300s.
  4. B = Over 70% 300s and no misses OR over 80% 300s.
  5. C = Over 60% 300s.
  6. D = Anything else.
lolcubes

Kanye West wrote:

:P

I have a couple of more like this but can't remember which ones (all fixed to SS already though, lol).
Naikaze

lolcubes wrote:

Kanye West wrote:

:P

I have a couple of more like this but can't remember which ones (all fixed to SS already though, lol).
That's because you have 50s

XK2238 wrote:

also, from my personal experiences in std, getting too much 50s can cause your grade to drop one level, even if your acc qualifies for those in Full Tablet's post
lolyrisa
wtf
CMDRJacksonXJ
I thought it was:
SS is 100% (Silver SS with HD)
S is 95% (Silver S with HD)
A is 90%
B is 80%
C is 70%
D is 65%
HaonJ

CMDRJacksonXJ wrote:

I thought it was:
SS is 100% (Silver SS with HD)
S is 95% (Silver S with HD)
A is 90%
B is 80%
C is 70%
D is 65%
Not how it works, first of all the thread is pretty old. But in standard it is as followed:
SS = 100% Accuracy

S = Over 90% 300s, less than 1% 50s and no misses.

A = Over 80% 300s and no misses OR over 90% 300s.

B = Over 70% 300s and no misses OR over 80% 300s.

C = Over 60% 300s.

D = Anything else.

It is different in other gamemodes such as catch or manian because you can still get s ranks with misses.
JBHyperion
Stop necroing old posts. If you need further information on accuracy, please refer to the Accuracy wiki article.