forum

Problem with installing OSU! [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ario147
I have problems installing OSU!, almost at the end of installing it shows error, and instalation is failed.
Error: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

I use Windows 7.

I'm day after format, and this happened me first time, i searched on forums but nothing helped.
I have NET Framework.
I tried redownloading installer, and reinstalling few times.
I tried downloading game from friend. (while trying to run it, error like ,,osu.exe is not working")
I tried this OS X installer, I don't even know what's that.
I tried downloading updater and updating. (while trying to run it error ,,is not working")
Rorona
Try restarting..?

A malfunctioning driver might be screwing with the installation.
Topic Starter
Ario147

Rorona wrote:

Try restarting..?

A malfunctioning driver might be screwing with the installation.
I restarted few times, it happend to me yesterday, but i was trying to solve problem somehow before posting it here.
Rorona
It really seems like your installer is corrupted because the download was interrupted and the download didn't finish, but apparently you redownloaded it multiple times, so it should be fine. Check for size differences in your multiple installers if you still have them? If so, then your internet was being bad while you were downloading it, and you should just try redownloading.
Topic Starter
Ario147
All are 41 184 KB

Internet is fine i think.

EDIT: Format again, and everything is fine.
peppy
You can try manually installing by downloading the updater to a new folder and running it:
http://osu.ppy.sh/release/osume.exe
TheVileOne
It seems the user fixed the issue. Marking resolved.
Topic Starter
Ario147
I fixed issue, but it's still weird, because i don't know what made a problem. Thanks for trying to help.
ManuYoCom
I have the same problem. I'm also using Win7 and get the exact same message. I've tried downloading the installer multiple times and the download never got interrupted. Any idea what might help me?