forum

Wrist or arm?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iWhorse
Or both, i guess. What do you singletap with, and how fast can you singletap?

As for me,
Wrist
~220 stable, up to 240-250 on some easier songs.
Winshley
Wrist.

Single-tap (BPM based on 1/4 notes):
- Comfortable/Stable level: 100BPM
- Highest average: 120BPM (I tensed up a lot, and can get quite unstable)
- Peak: 130~140BPM

I suck... :(
Kanye West
mostly wrist, sometimes arm and can't consistently do more than 120, but can do short bursts of 140.
djjsixpack
Arm, 245-250 bpm 1/2 consistently when I am fully warmed up. 270-280 1/2 for maybe 5 notes.
NixXSkate
if i'm warmed up, i can do about 6 notes 300bpm with my arm before losing acc. if it's actually a stream of 150bpm, i can do more notes than that since i don't have to worry about movement.

if i use my wrist (if something has a lot of doubles, triples, or streams mixed in), i usually don't go over 270bpm songs.
Rori Vidi Veni
jkgfjklgfjlkgfljkgfdjklgljkgjklgd
TRIYP
Why no finger option? Kinda hard to singletap with your wrist or arm if you play mouse-only but I can do 240 1/2 fairly decently and can reach up to around 250ish before I start to lose all hope.
VoidnOwO
:oops:
winber1

BRBP wrote:

With arm I can get a 40-50 combo on 200bpm 1/4, but it's not very useful since wrist -> arm switch isn't very comfortable and the accuracy is terrible for me.
I don't even understand why you say this. It really doesn't show anything. Please show me a vid where you can just play 400bpm maps that are regularly mapped (with normal spacing and such), otherwise vibrating your arm and calling that being able to play 200BPM 1/4 notes single-tapping is complete bs. it makes me question whether what you said earlier is even true as well, but whatever.

On topic though, mostly wrist. I'd generally consider myself only able to do up to around the BPM 250 mark, but I guess other people can disagree with me if they know a few of my scores. Streaming is a completely different story and I wouldn't even say I can stream 220 so gg.
Full Tablet
I can tap about ~100bpm 1/4 using my arm only (or up to ~120bpm but with very bad accuracy, and only for a few seconds, if I only concentrate in doing it as fast as I can I reach about 150bpm for about 3 circles). Anything above I have to alternate to play consistently, in 240bpm 1/2 beats, for example....

I am terrible at using my wrists with my left hand (normally when I try to do it in the middle of a song, I move my right wrists instead; and when I concentrate only in moving my left wrists it ends up being a very clumsy and slow movement).

With my right hand I can tap 150bpm 1/4 for about 50 notes, doing it both with my wrist and arm at the same time.
VoidnOwO
:)
Callum
~
Oinari-sama
I tap differently with different fingers, maybe due to previous sports injuries?

Index finger with Wrist @100bpm
Middle finger with Arm @100bpm also orz
winber1

BRBP wrote:

winber1 wrote:

I don't even understand why you say this. It really doesn't show anything. Please show me a vid where you can just play 400bpm maps that are regularly mapped (with normal spacing and such), otherwise vibrating your arm and calling that being able to play 200BPM 1/4 notes single-tapping is complete bs.
ok please show me a vid of you playing 400bpm maps by alternating. Makes sense, doesn't it?

I suggest reading the question in the OP.
The OP is just asking whether you use arm or wrist, BPM was optional, and all I'm calling you out on is just that you imply you can single tap 200BPM 1/4 without vibrating (at least with the way it's written, that is what it seems to imply)

ok please show me a vid of you playing 400bpm maps by alternating. Makes sense, doesn't it?
Also I don't know where you are getting this question because I said nothing about being able to play 400BPM maps that are actually mapped like that, thus that argument doesn't even apply to me. I just said average things, like being able to single tap like 250BPM. It was just an example saying that I had doubts you could truly single tap 200BPM, but that's off the basis of whether or not the vague sentence seemed to mean what you were actually thinking, which apparently it did not. So my previous post is invalid in the first place since it was founded on an implication.
silmarilen
normally wrist but if it goes over 220 bpm 1/2 i usually switch to arm
Topic Starter
iWhorse

BRBP wrote:

Wrist, obviously.

140bpm 1/4 nearly infinitely (FC'd This)
400 combo on 150bpm version of that, quite inaccurate though. Can easily SS 50-70 notes or so.
I can singletap Mendes, but can't FC it.

With arm I can get a 40-50 combo on 200bpm 1/4, but it's not very useful since wrist -> arm switch isn't very comfortable and the accuracy is terrible for me.

Because I hate alternating.
Well, singletapped mendes on AP a while ago with right arm, although it was pretty pointless
Also i end up alternating half the time anyways QQ, so slow

TRIYP wrote:

Why no finger option? Kinda hard to singletap with your wrist or arm if you play mouse-only but I can do 240 1/2 fairly decently and can reach up to around 250ish before I start to lose all hope.
Seems more difficult to me. Forgot about mouse clickers :3.
johandrossi
Is it bad to singletap with finger movements? On keyboard that is... I've always done that and assumed it was the norm
Dumie
arm with a jacket because my hand rests on the tablet..... around 220 or so
Mythras
wrist.

can't seem to use the other finger w/full arm very well.