forum

Common Youtube-channel

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rico-senpai
Hey Guys, Rico-senpai desu~ Sorry if this thread is in the wrong section :o

Last month I had the idea of a common Youtube-channel for osu-gameplays.
Now I am a big step further. First, let me explain the idea:

Everybody may upload videos on this common channel. There are no restrictions. Wheter you are good or average in osu,
everybody may upload osu-stuff. The more, the better. If you are interested you will get the login-details, including password,
and you can upload your gameplay whenever you want.

I am posting this thread in the worldwide osu-forums now, because today I had the first upload from an american youtuber on the channel ;)
And what dudes from the usa can do, you can even longer.

Even if you think this experiment is total unnecessary, I beg you to take a quick look at the channel and it's description.
Maybe you could give me some constructive criticism :) I have the worldwides 7th best catch the beat player in the february 2013 ranking charts in
my team and I play some "insane" maps by myself, so there WILL be enough skilled gameplays ;)

channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/OSUcommunityTV/about

Thanks for your time :)
chelly
It's a thoughtful idea, but if anyone and everyone has the password and login credentials, somebody could compromise the account and its videos. How would you countermeasure that?
Topic Starter
Rico-senpai
Yeah, I am breaking my head on this problem day and night.
At the moment I can rely on everybody in this little team. But by the time it will get a problem.
I think by the time I will stop giving around the password. It goes hand in hand with having
trust in the members, so I will try to get in touch with them and know the members personally.

If everything goes wrong, I still have the gmail-account synched with my cell phone, so I am instantly
informed about everything that happens on this channel.

Greets from Germany :)
comentarinformal
The best way to make people upload videos without giving then your password would be using YouTube's API. It leaves the user with a simple browse... and submit box, then all the uploading to the acc is done serverside, so people don't see anything else.
How to make it, however, I'm not sure, as I haven't used that feature ever.

What would concern me the most is the ability of others to upload crazy things into your channel that might get it suspended