forum

Rate the music of the above user's post!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Tad Fibonacci
I don't really know about this one.
It seems to have a small but dedicated amount of people that really appreciates it. But I don't understands it at all.
There is little to none melody, and it doesn't sound like it's played by any instrument, though you can vaguely hear a woman voice.
And the whole thing gradually gets louder and more intense but it just made me feel more uncomfortable.

Personally, I didn't enjoy it.

1/10

-------------
Achromalia
7.23/10.

i'm actually a little indifferent to this one. it's good, but it's not exactly something i'd listen to.

- - -

Birdy wrote:

Don't know if you meant to post the same song or not, since the code is broken, but I fixed the link and found out it links to the same song.

Nhato is decent. I'm not anymore as much into this type of music as I used to be a few years ago.

6.66/10
huh. i don't know what happened there, i think i was trying to post onumi's new song, but i guess i'll just post it now instead.

i think i might've copied the link somehow and accidentally deleted smthn, not sure.

- - -

samX500
The song was pretty good but to me it lacked a climax. I'll give it 7/10
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a great brass sextet. I'll let you guess which play was my favorite.

Birdy
Brass alone is pretty empty and anticlimactic, however they still pull it off really well and are able to play their instruments in a highly talented and versatile manner. Still, it left me wishing for other instruments to kick in, at the very least woodwinds and strings, if nothing else.

6/10

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Pretty chill and good song, but it is too repetitve tbh.

6.8/10.8

Plini
Love these persian folk vibes.

Sounds like a really good rhytm game tech song. A lot of varied rhythms.

Guitar melody sounds absolutely badass.

8.12/10

-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Sounds like a typical Two Steps From Hell song: epic

6.9999/10

Can’t find this song on youtube so here is a link on bandcamp
TeeArctic1
7.2/10

Where's my beatmap?

keremaru
9/10.

It wasn't over-complicated, covered with steadily increasing sixteenth notes, nor too boring to want to skip. It's good music for idle listening.

samX500
I am always open for some touhou song!

This song was pretty good but I feel like the singer didn't put enough strength and emotions in the climax, or at least not as much as some other cover of this song that I have heard. I also didn't like the screaming part of the song. I feel like the song was only good because the original song is absolutely amazing and not because of the cover.

I am still giving it a 7/10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My song will be one of the best anime ED of all time.

TeeArctic1
7.65/10 It's really calming and sweet. The bells and music box is a nice touch.

Birdy
I fucking love Claypool, he's a genius. Haven't listened to this stuff before, I'm only familiar with Primus. The song sounds fun, nostalgic psych rock vibes here. I think I was waiting for something bigger to happen near the end, for the whole thing to progress, but nothing really happened. Nice solos, some time signature changes, not much else. Still, it's slightly better than what I would just consider "decent".

6/10

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I don't like pop at all tbh so yeah, I don't really like the song that much. It is definitely better many of the song of its genre. The autotune though really distracts me at the end their. Overall, not a fan of it

3/10

--------------------------------------------------------------

Gonna rate Tee's song too

It was definitely an interesting and unique experience. The song is pretty soothing and the chord is really good. I really like it overall

8/9.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

samX500
It was pretty good, I do enjoy electronic music quite a lot. Though it did lack a climax in my opinion.

7/10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My song will be one of the major tearjerker from K-on. Seriously, K-on is the third show that made me cry the most and this song is the biggest offender of this.

Westonini
I wasn't really sure what I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised. It's a very soft and sweet type of song. I don't really have any emotional attachment to this song since I've never watched the show (doesn't really seem like it'd be something I'd like), but a good song is a good song.

7.5/10

- - - - - -

This got released just a few days ago.

samX500
Not too sure, maybe a 5/10. It's not bad but it's not a song I would listen to on my own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an assemble with the right amount of euphonium

KnightPerfect

samX500 wrote:

Not too sure, maybe a 5/10. It's not bad but it's not a song I would listen to on my own.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally an assemble with the right amount of euphonium

8.5/10 orhestral music? That´s a yes!

Nate Bait
8.18/10

rock is always a bop uwu
interesting dissonant solo at 3:17 and those notes at 4:01, though not much else too notable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Westonini
Probably something I'd like when I was younger, but nowadays I don't really listen to this type of stuff anymore. It's not really doin anything for me. It takes a while to get going and doesn't really do anything to mix up the formula. Just kinda generic imo. I suppose it could suffice for some decent background music, but I can't really see myself listening to this a second time.

I don't think it's bad, just generic.

5.5/10

- - - - -

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
It's pretty interesting tbh, but it's not really my cup of tea. Kinda like the screaming in the lyric, but the vocal at the calm part doesn't really suit that much. Also not a fan of rap either so....

5.1/10

KnightPerfect

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wrote:

It's pretty interesting tbh, but it's not really my cup of tea. Kinda like the screaming in the lyric, but the vocal at the calm part doesn't really suit that much. Also not a fan of rap either so....

5.1/10

gabber on crack...i love it!

10/10
samX500
Pretty good, the beat was really strong which I quite liked. It's nothing too special in my mind though.

7/10.
--------------------------------------------

Here is an ocarina septet from none other than Jordan Moore. If you enjoy wind band then you should absolutely check out his channel. He writes arrengement from various song from anime, video or classical music and play them. The great thing is he can play any wind instrument, brass or woodwind, and play a whole assemble by himself.

Tad Fibonacci
This one's really calming, beautiful and dramatic.

Thank you for sharing it!

9/10.

---------------

Achromalia
7.23/10.

pretty good, but i'm not really impressed by it, it just sounds like i'd expect it to be.

- - -

i'm going to start rating my own submissions here so you get a sense of what i like from what i send. i rarely send anything personally rated under an 8.

Shubh Saran - Slip: 8.19/10.

Tad Fibonacci
Not much I can say about it aside from it's really cool.
Though having all that instruments in such a cramped space must be a nightmare lol. Imagine when someone in the way back needed to go to the toilet.

8/10.

------------------------

KnightPerfect
that was nice

7.55/10
Achromalia
7.03/10

not particularly fond of the vocals. the instrumentation is fairly enjoyable though. nice rhythms and cool progressions, but it all starts to melt into the background, and isn't really delivering with the vocals. although the expression is there, the tone isn't.

- - -

Shibayan Records - The Philosopher’s Polar North (NHATO REMIX): 8.14/10

keremaru
i love this song/10

KnightPerfect
8.11/10

Not the best, but enjoyed.
Achromalia
7.42/10.

pretty damn decent, but still not quite my personal taste, and the execution could of course be better. admittedly though, i enjoyed some of this and its ideas. the tone's quite rugged and bold. overall, nice.

- - -

Aphex Twin - the end [150][e2+valhalla mix]: 8.37/10

samX500
Very good music. 7.5/10

My song will be a cover of the song "Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird" aka Youmu's theme in Touhou. The song is not only absolutely fantastic but the visual are also incredible. I'd rate it a 9.5/10.

Nuuskamuikkunen
8.5, Interesting change in the rhythm, nice use of the instruments. But the way she sings is not particularly my favorite kind of genre, but very good.

Lyrics translation, stolen from a comment
ヴァー ヴァー
バイトだるい
Waa Waa
work is so tiring

あー あー
起きたくない
Aaa aaa
I don't wanna wake up

疲れが取れてない
休みが足りてない
お金も足りてない
I still feel tired
I don't have enough days off
I also don't have enough money

だから働かなきゃいけない
とわかっているけれど
はたらきたくない
so I have to work
I know that but
I don't wanna work

はたらきたくないね
はたらきたくないね
はたらきたくないね
はたらきたくないね
You don't wanna work right

ぼ ぼ
ボスがこわい
Boo Boo
My boss scares me

あー あー
客がつよい
Aaa aaa
My customer is strong

自分のペースを握られないまま巻き込まれがち
相手のペースに乗っかってるうち 大変なことに
なってるなとは思いつつ避けられず
はたらきつかれる
Easily being caught up before I reach my pace
Being taken away by the other's pace knowing it's not going to end well
yet I can't get away
and get tired from work

はたらきつかれたね
はたらきつかれたね
はたらきつかれたね
はたらきつかれたね
You're tired from work right

はたらきたくない
はたらきたくない
はたらきたくない
はたらきたくない
はたらきたくない
はたらきたくない
You don't wanna work
You don't wanna work
You don't wanna work
You don't wanna work
You don't wanna work
You don't wanna work

はたらきたくないね
でもはたらいたよね
はたらきつかれたね
ゆっくりやすむよね
あしたがまたくるね
どんな日になるかね
いい日だといいよね
ワクワクしたいよね
You don't wanna work right?
But you did work right?
You're tired from work right?
You're going to rest well right?
Tomorrow will come again right?
I wonder how it'll go, right?
It would be nice if it's a good day right?
You want some excitement right?

はたらきたくない
I don't wanna work

45Traeath
I was surprised when the first voice I hear was "particularly" male.
Then the female vocals got in.
I went "Uuuuhh...... *Confusion*".

Minutes later after listening to the whole thing and while sorting my feelings, I got reminded of the "Zetsubou-Sensei" series' Opening Themes.

I still kind of wonder, "Why though... Memes, I guess".

93/100.

I'm taking too much time to choose what to put in here.
*Sees something on YT, watches*
I guess, how about this song in an AMV.

"Never Catch Me (ft. Kendrick Lamar)" by Flying Lotus.
(It wasn't the whole song in the AMV, so I edited the thing.)
Zelzatter Zero
Nice concept but it's executed poorly imo. The song is too simple, if you don't want to say boring. I doubt that rap will fit the concept in the first place. 6/10 tbh

https://youtu.be/gvOgBLc8ujU
Tad Fibonacci
8/10

I love Omoi songs.

---------------------

samX500
Very catchy and interesting song, I'd rate it a 8/10

My song shall be "Down in the River to Pray", which is an incredible piece played by the two greatest instruments, euphoniums and tuba.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
One of my biggest pet peeve in music is famous music arrangement. It’s not that it’s bad, in fact this piece here is beautiful, but it feels weird since I have already set expectation to the music before listening to it. Idk. Still a beautiful piece anyway, makes me feel calm and relaxed. 6/10

————————-

I just love when sakuzyo and katali works together. It’s just so beautiful
Tad Fibonacci
7.5/10

It's quite an interesting piece.
I like the Shakuhachi at the beginning and the Violin's sound goes really well with other instruments.
Overall, it's quite enjoyable.

-------------------------

Nuuskamuikkunen
Sounds great, but it feels like somewhat common. 8/10

samX500
Pretty good, I always love hearing a good orchestra filled with horns. However it feels really generic for some reason I can't explain. 7/10

I found this song last week and I really like it. It's not one of my favorite but it's great nonetheless.

show more