forum

Lunia - The first action-arcade MMORPG in the world

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Loginer
This is Lunia. It is made of win and pwn.

It's the first, and currently, only action-arcade MMORPG in the world. If you hate MMORPG's where you just right-click on an enemy, choose Attack, and hold your thumbs, give this game a chance. You see, you actually control your attacks here, and it's more like a beat-'em-up/hack-'n-slash, since there are lots of enemies, and you also have a sh*tload of combos and specials you can pull off. The game is also split into levels. You can choose to play them by yourself, but that's incredibly difficult and boring, so when you go into a level, you can choose to just wait at the beginning, until 3 other players enter. :]

The site is 99% fail and IE, and the English in the game is pretty crappy too, but the actual gameplay is great, and the cel-shaded graphics look nice, too.
Like I said a while ago, instead of running around in a big world, the game is broken down into over 30 different levels, with a story-cutscene at the beginning and the end, which everyone ignores and skips. ;_;
The community is also surprisingly good. I've only met a single idiot in the game so far. :3

Oh, and the game is free. :'3
Saturos
If Lunia is the same now as it was when I quit a few months ago, hacking is rampent and there are occasional game breaking bugs in patches. One of which that happened when I was still playing would randomly lock up your game before it finishes transferring all your character data back to the main town from a mission, resulting in most/all your items in your inventory and everything in the bank being deleted. In some cases, even skills points for skills already spent were lost, resulting in escentially losing levels without a way to regain them. The GM's did nothing to fix this and use the excuse of it being a beta and to expect this like this to happen, even though they have stated they will not wipe character info and will be considered 'gold' once the cash shop was up and functioning.

Wall of text crits you for 88961.
Tapdancingmetroid
I played that for a while. I might get it again once there are more character choices, and I felt that the battle system is the same as other mmorpgs though the right clicking is replaced with constantly mashing the keyboard. D:

Though once when I was loading the game this appeared...

EiJi
Warning. . . . .

The following statement may not be suitable for some people.

. . . . .

Fuck Ijji. They destroy every game they get their hands on. Fuck 'em.

. . . . .
Topic Starter
Loginer

Saturos wrote:

Wall of text crits you for 88961.
Die. :D

Tapdancingmetroid wrote:

I played that for a while. I might get it again once there are more character choices, and I felt that the battle system is the same as other mmorpgs though the right clicking is replaced with constantly mashing the keyboard. D:

Though once when I was loading the game this appeared...
That's odd. o.O

EiJi wrote:

Warning. . . . .

The following statement may not be suitable for some people.

. . . . .

Fuck Ijji. They destroy every game they get their hands on. Fuck 'em.

. . . . .
...lol wut? <_<
EiJi
Er, sorry... I was thinking of Ijji's new pos, Luminary.
MusicFan

EiJi wrote:

Ah, at first I thought you meant every game they have. I would've objected
that, with Drift City as evidence. As that game stands, it seems to be
a mere translation of the korean/japanese (I can't find where it originated) version
called Skid Rush.

But either way, the game is the same in whatever language(save for some updates)
and therefore is not Ijji's fault, should there be any in the game!

And furthermore, after looking around for this "Luminary" you speak of, I'm unable to pinpoint
which country this game originated, but is available in English, Korean, and Chinese.
It had to come from one of those places, and I doubt it's a english-dominated country.

So don't blame Ijji. Blame... It's counterpart, Hangame!(should it be there :? )

Or the creator... Just rest assured that Ijji has only a translation.
awp
Koreans crank out MMOs like there's no tomorrow.
Restricted_old
ijji sucks.

Hackers rule that game.

It'd be decent if ijji didn't fail so much. ;)
Vic
Agree, but ijji have some good games like GunZ... And, its not the first action-arcade MMORPG. There was another one but I dont remember the name of it T.T
Topic Starter
Loginer

Restricted wrote:

ijji sucks.

Hackers rule that game.

It'd be decent if ijji didn't fail so much. ;)

EiJi wrote:

Copyright allm. All rights reserved
Copyright allm.
allm

Vic wrote:

Agree,
Copyright allm. All rights reserved
Copyright allm.
allm
Vic
WTF? O.o Is he going to kill us for saying "ijji sux"? Oh BTW- I didnt say it. And Lunia sure is made of win and pwn =3 Whats your level, I want some party to exp with XD
Topic Starter
Loginer

Vic wrote:

WTF? O.o Is he going to kill us for saying "ijji sux"? Oh BTW- I didnt say it. And Lunia sure is made of win and pwn =3 Whats your level, I want some party to exp with XD
"As allm and CDC is about to make new CDC published Lunia Game Service launching in Feb, 2008, LuniaGSP service will
close down game and web services temporarily until CDC Games USA opens up new game and web service."
tl;dr: The game's been closed down for 2 months. You're not playing it. And if you still don't get it, ijji is in no way even remotely connected to Lunia.
Vic
Wait... NOW I GET IT. I`m so freakin` dumb T.T
MusicFan

Loginer wrote:

[
tl;dr: The game's been closed down for 2 months. You're not playing it.
Actually, the global version's down. USA and other versions are still up.

And I wholeheartedly disagree that Ijji fails/sucks.