forum

A way of checking mutual friends in game

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +88
Topic Starter
TakuMii
There's already an indication on the profiles and in the Settings page on the website, but there's nothing in-game. It's a bit misleading when your whole friend list is highlighted in Pink even if they're not mutual with you. Maybe give an option to display non-mutual friends as green?
deadbeat
Jawing
categorize them! t/140999
Topic Starter
TakuMii

deadbeat wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/2134836 :3
I was thinking more along the lines of showing mutual friends on the leaderboards (or separating non-mutual friends since friends are already shown on the list as pink), but having indicators on the ingame user panels would be nice too :)
Dazdy_old
Every time I want to see if a friend is mutual or not, it's a nuisance having to go to their profile just to see the friend button, so I thought it'd be nice if you could see whether or not a friend is mutual without leaving the game.

I thought that this could be shown in two ways: The color of the 'Add Friend' or 'Cancel Friendship' button on the user options window being colored depending on if they're mutual with you or not, (for example, the default pink if you haven't added them, blue if you've added them but not mutual, and darker pink if you're mutual with them) or it saying if you're mutual or not on the cancel friendship button.

I searched and I couldn't find this already suggested, but if it is, sorry about that. Thanks!
Oinari-sama
Merged with t/249524.

On topic:

Can we also consider giving user panel a tint in F9? Though it'll probably require more effort than what's proposed so far.
KinkiN

Dazdy wrote:

Every time I want to see if a friend is mutual or not, it's a nuisance having to go to their profile just to see the friend button, so I thought it'd be nice if you could see whether or not a friend is mutual without leaving the game.
If you want a mutual friendship after adding a person, why don't PM them instead :3

If they say yes, then you got the mutual
else, not mutual.

Also, imo this feature won't work unless we got a feature to get a notification when someone has added us as friends ( which has been requested before ).
Bara-
You do know those 2 are NOT the same
This request is for playing, probably on friend ranking, to display the normal friends as pink (like it is now) and mutuals as green (or vice versa)
This is for playing, not for the user panel (f9) if I understand correctly
Oinari-sama
This topic is about having ways to check if a user is mutual friends in game. The OP propose having it via the leaderboard, while Dazdy's method uses User Menu. What's so hard to understand?

baraatje123 wrote:

You do know those 2 are NOT the same
This request is for playing, probably on friend ranking, to display the normal friends as pink (like it is now) and mutuals as green (or vice versa)
This is for playing, not for the user panel (f9) if I understand correctly
Can you edit that post? It's very confusing =.=
KinkiN
nah i understand what they mean

It's kinda hard to explain what I'm intending to say too though. Now i got confused by my own words @@

Take back what i have said then.
Something like renaming the Revoke Friendship button to Revoke Mutual should do the trick.