forum

[added] Make CS/HP/AR/OD toggle-able in Mods

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4,126
show more
Kynan
I was talking about the PP as a relation to the difficulty of the map and the OD the mapper chose to put.
I'm just saying that it's really stupid, to not say retarded (oops), to use OD7 or OD7.5 or whatever, anything under OD8 for EXTRA DIFFS. If you guys can't understand this and just go on about "OH HE SAID PP PP PP AH FARMER DOESN'T KNOW MAPPING AH PP PP" instead of trying to understand what I mean, then you're missing the point here.

And about the "ignoring the mapper's creative work", please, the mods are here for a reason. Why would allowing people to adjust settings like mods already do change anything ? The mapper's creative work is the way he places the circles, not the OD he chooses to put on the map, what the hell ?! And especially in the case of hard maps where you HAVE to use high OD to avoid note-lock and stuff, it has nothing to do with where the mapper puts his circles.
And that applies to AR as well, if a mapper decides to go full retard and map 200+BPM jumps for 5 mins and puts it AR8 what would you say ? "Oh damn nice creative job!" fuck no, it will just make it really stupid and annoying to play.
Endaris
OD is a different thing and it might occur that OD is set too low and provokes a lot of notelock which should ideally be adressed during modding.
That has nothing to do with the fact that the problem is the design of the pp-system. It just doesn't make any sense to do a workaround that affects how a map plays.
OD/HP are really the stats where I wouldn't care much if they could be altered well we got NF for HP-issues but I would really dislike a possible toggle for AR and CS.

My reply was also more about that the arguments in that specific post of yours were plain stupid :P
Same with your example:
"if a mapper decides to go full retard"
yeah, then his map hopefully won't get ranked anyway
vitail
i agree
Kynan

Endaris wrote:

yeah, then his map hopefully won't get ranked anyway
Yeah that's the problem, they get ranked. And also that is preference as well since some people would be able to play it and other won't, that's why I say that AR is preference. A BAT would say "yeah sure why not rank that it'll be a challenge for some people" while other would be like "oh hell no wtf this needs at least ar9.5", it's totally preference.
cr1mmy
also this link should be there t/334458
supporting this request with all my soul <3
Gnoske
nevernevernever ranked
this is easy to do unranked just make a new diff
Kunino Sagiri
So how is this mod disrespecting anything? It's not like the mapper's suggested CS/AR/OD/HP would be ignored.

The only issues I see here are the calculations and plays would be greatly variated that it'd be too hard to determine which play/s is good in the eyes of a new player.
CelegaS
For ranked score, just ar should be toggle-able in mods others will impact mapping style, pattern and gameplay. But there should be no problem about changing CS/HP/AR/OD if it make score unrankable but you can already do this with the editor.

We can debate for age on this but finally only peppy will really decide to implement that. Like for implementing score V2, if we do a poll and like 100k player answer and there is a 80% NO for this implementation I think he will change his mind to not implement but I'm not sure.

And I don't think peppy will be agree to add this possibility of change for ranked, maybe even for AR it will be disagree.

We should wait an answer from peppy but I'm note sure if he reads that much this forum (that's my feel). He has already tons of thing to do with osu!
And there is many people waiting some old feature requests without any answer from peppy. We have just to wait now. I think everything has be already said.
alphyyy_
Would be nice, I could play my AR8 maps on AR9 because that's easier too read, for me at least.
GhostFrog

CelegaS wrote:

For ranked score, just ar should be toggle-able in mods others will impact mapping style, pattern and gameplay.
AR impacts gameplay too.

something something unranked mod pls
Jerome
Depends how much people want to keep "reading" as a skill in the game. Some people have great reading on low ARs with lots of notes on the screen, some people are good at reading very fast approach rates (like Kynan). I would be all for being able to set the AR to whatever you want as it doesn't affect pp in any way, though obviously changing OD or CS would have an impact.
Yabuki Nako

Jerome wrote:

Depends how much people want to keep "reading" as a skill in the game. Some people have great reading on low ARs with lots of notes on the screen, some people are good at reading very fast approach rates (like Kynan). I would be all for being able to set the AR to whatever you want as it doesn't affect pp in any way, though obviously changing OD or CS would have an impact.
This is what I don't understand.

Why you can't set the AR yourself if the AR is not recognized as a skill since he does not have weight in the PP calculation ?

Or maybe AR is actually weighted but the star rating do not change ?
Endaris
AR has an actual influence on pp.
AR below 7 and AR above 10.5(or something around that) give extra-pp.
No influence on SR though.
Yabuki Nako
I see, thanks.
sneeze
would be cool if it has a SEVERE decrease in multiplier. like 0.1-0.5 depending on number ofc.

imho it shouldn't be something people can use as an actual playstyle because someone can just take a 1 star map and put everything on highest and farm.

AND cs10 scores wouldnt be as impressive

other than that it would be cook i guess
Nerthar
This would be very interesting, but I wonder if changing OD/CS on the map would change the pp it actually gives, this could be even more interesting for people that are able to play very high CS such as 7
Hollow Delta
Sorry, but I don't agree with this.

To change just 1 individual stat like this completely takes the uniqueness out of a map. When a mapper creates a map, the stats work together to create a unique experience. To change one of them takes away whatever makes that map special. You might argue mods like Hardrock and Doubletime do this, but they don't change the map at all. HR and DT don't change, but rather they amplify what the map has to offer. They still preserve what makes the map unique / difficult while remaining fun for the players. Not only would this completely ruin the way mapping is done, it would only encourage more generic plays. How exciting would it be to see every map with cs4 and ar9? Nothing exciting to see anymore, is there?

Every map would in a sense become a pp map, because the player will just take away whatever makes that map special or hard to make it easier for themselves. The point of maps with unique stats is to create these styles, to remove that purpose only makes osu more generic.
Kynan
TIL the only think that prevents people from farming is the AR and CS.

This is ONLY true for AR10.5-11 because those ARs are usually almost unreadable, but ASIDE OF THAT, your argument just doesn't work. How does changing the OD make the map different ? Or the HP ?
The very VERY rare maps that actually use a very specific AR and CS are maps that don't even give PP in the first place so it would makes them easier yes, but it won't turn said maps into farm maps.

And if people "don't wanna have fun" by putting everything on CS4 AR9, I guess it's their choice, which is still a better choice than the mapper's who most of the time (for kinda hard and hard maps at least) can't even play his own maps.
Hollow Delta

Kynan wrote:

TIL the only think that prevents people from farming is the AR and CS.

This is ONLY true for AR10.5-11 because those ARs are usually almost unreadable, but ASIDE OF THAT, your argument just doesn't work. How does changing the OD make the map different ? Or the HP ?
The very VERY rare maps that actually use a very specific AR and CS are maps that don't even give PP in the first place so it would makes them easier yes, but it won't turn said maps into farm maps.

And if people "don't wanna have fun" by putting everything on CS4 AR9, I guess it's their choice, which is still a better choice than the mapper's who most of the time (for kinda hard and hard maps at least) can't even play his own maps.
Actually od and hp affect the map greatly. A mapper chooses these stats because they want their map to feel a certain way. These can also be a mapper's trademark *Monstrata with OD8.7 for example. A mapper doesn't need to be able to play their map to understand why it's good, but that topic's for another day.
Kynan
How the FUCK is OD8.7 a monstrata trademark ??? He puts OD>8 on his maps because unlike the other dumb PP mappers who use an OD way too low compared to the AR, he knows how this game works and how easy it is to acc on OD<9.x.
Caput Mortuum
It's good, but it should also come with individual score/pp multipliers.

Changing ar to below 7 or above 10.3 will increase the multiplier, while to any other will decrease it.
Changing od to anything above the original will increase it. same with cs.
Changing hp should not give any multiplier when changed to a higher one, but should be decreased when lowered.

I think if it will ever get implemented, it will be the most fair way.
Kynan

Eraser wrote:

Changing ar to below 7 or above 10.3 will increase the multiplier, while to any other will decrease it.
That's not how it should work, it should work around note density not just AR, because this is just personnal preference.
Caput Mortuum
That is true.
Because it's personal preference, changing it should decrease the multiplier. Because you can choose it to your own liking.
If you don't want score reduction, then peppy should make standard be like mania. Remove AR from the editor completely and make it that the player can choose it themselves.

AR below 7 will clutter the screen, that's why it should keep or increase the multiplier.
And AR above 10.3 is making the notes coming at a very high speed, that is why it should receive bonus (or atleast make the multiplier stay).
Kynan
For some people ar below 7 is still readable, and for other ar above 10.3 is readable too, especially at high bpm where ar>10.3 actually helps, so those values shouldn't be what determines if the multiplier should change.
_Meep_
This feature is more for 'experimental' purposes
and therefore shouldn't need too much of a debate lol
Hollow Delta

Kynan wrote:

How the FUCK is OD8.7 a monstrata trademark ??? He puts OD>8 on his maps because unlike the other dumb PP mappers who use an OD way too low compared to the AR, he knows how this game works and how easy it is to acc on OD<9.x.
He doesn't have it anymore, but he used to have this 'Mapping Style' section on his userpage, and he claimed 8.7 as his trademark

Aside from that, ranking a map is harder than you think. To say the pp mappers are dumb is pure ignorance. I don't know if you've ever tried mapping, but if you have you'd understand why. OD is subjective too. Not every player is good at od above 8. I remember there was a time where od8 was hard to me, and most likely other players have had that experience.

Also back to the main topic, I'm still sticking with the fact mappers like a certain feel to their maps, hence why they'll choose such od. To change that up is disrespectful to the mapper.
Do The Flop
as long that it's isn't ranked or that you can only decrease the CS/HP/AR/OD it's ok for me.

because a feature like that would kill mods system in a certain way (Easy maps AR10/OD10/CS7 ?)

+ I have a question, if it was a "Ranked" thing, how would you calculate the changes as PP?

Exemple :
CHiCO with HoneyWorks - Pride Kakumei [Darkness] : 
No-mod 98% = 199PP and is CS 4 / AR 9 / OD 8.7 / HP 7
HR 98% = 254PP and is CS 5.2 / AR 10 / OD 10 / HP 9.8

Simple Question: What would happen if the user chooses to play this map no-mod with CS 5.2 and AR 9.5?
Or if the user set CS 5.2 / AR 10 / OD 9 / HP 7 ? That's why it shouldn't be ranked.

Note : I know that's 2 years old, i had few things to say about this.
kai99
Idc if it's ranked or not; I just believe that if this is a feature, it would make practicing so much easier instead of having to change metadata / having to go change in editor.
pykolas
Why this is not a thing yet? I don't want those mods to be ranked, I just want them to be able to set and train with them.
Kynan
Welcome to oss where instead of allowing players to play with what they want they are forced to use what the mapper and mods who can't even play the map force you to use :D
Mismagius
i used to think this suggestion was absolutely garbage but now that i look at it i wouldn't mind it if it was unranked
Kynan
And a year or two after it's implementation as unranked you wouldn't mind if it was ranked and applied logic PP increase/decrease, but hey we're gonna have to wait for over a year before seeing this implemented... I miss the Hexis days when people went ape shit because they implemented stuff that had been pending here for years and peppy didn't do shit before people started talking about it too much.
We need another one of these over-hyped unofficial games that show how easy it is to implement stuff like that so that peppy finally does something after censoring the name of the game :)
BioZap43
Yes Apparently This Is A Good Idea, And I Just Duplicated It :v Hope PPY Would Make It XD
Flamenco
Just in case some other genius who started playing this game a month ago wonders why after so many years it hasn't been implemented yet, here's why:

It's a pretty dumb idea.

Idk if it was already mentioned but if you want to play the map with the custom AR/CS/whatever just make an edit in the editor. Making it ranked is a really bad idea since lower number doesn't mean it's necessarily easier (and higher doesn't mean harder). It's up to a mapper what difficulty settings the map will have.

I still can't believe how many people backed this up smh
KOREA
This feature provides users with a variety of experiences

if you use the mode
socre x0.5
pp x0.75

so easy...

why are you afraid of change?

adjust the'score''pp' magnification, there is no problem.
z0z
this feature is in osu!lazer(unranked however)

i don't think any new mods are going to be put in osu!stable though
McEndu
lets close this as added maybe
abraker
anyone know which release that was?
THAT_otaku

abraker wrote:

anyone know which release that was?
The osu!Lazer "Difficulty Adjust" mod was added here: home/changelog/lazer/2019.1225.0 (26th December 2019) If that's what we're looking for :)
abraker
marked as added