1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,784
show more
posted
i agree
posted

Endaris wrote:

yeah, then his map hopefully won't get ranked anyway
Yeah that's the problem, they get ranked. And also that is preference as well since some people would be able to play it and other won't, that's why I say that AR is preference. A BAT would say "yeah sure why not rank that it'll be a challenge for some people" while other would be like "oh hell no wtf this needs at least ar9.5", it's totally preference.
posted
also this link should be there t/334458
supporting this request with all my soul <3
posted
nevernevernever ranked
this is easy to do unranked just make a new diff
posted
So how is this mod disrespecting anything? It's not like the mapper's suggested CS/AR/OD/HP would be ignored.

The only issues I see here are the calculations and plays would be greatly variated that it'd be too hard to determine which play/s is good in the eyes of a new player.
posted
For ranked score, just ar should be toggle-able in mods others will impact mapping style, pattern and gameplay. But there should be no problem about changing CS/HP/AR/OD if it make score unrankable but you can already do this with the editor.

We can debate for age on this but finally only peppy will really decide to implement that. Like for implementing score V2, if we do a poll and like 100k player answer and there is a 80% NO for this implementation I think he will change his mind to not implement but I'm not sure.

And I don't think peppy will be agree to add this possibility of change for ranked, maybe even for AR it will be disagree.

We should wait an answer from peppy but I'm note sure if he reads that much this forum (that's my feel). He has already tons of thing to do with osu!
And there is many people waiting some old feature requests without any answer from peppy. We have just to wait now. I think everything has be already said.
posted
Would be nice, I could play my AR8 maps on AR9 because that's easier too read, for me at least.
posted

CelegaS wrote:

For ranked score, just ar should be toggle-able in mods others will impact mapping style, pattern and gameplay.
AR impacts gameplay too.

something something unranked mod pls
posted
Depends how much people want to keep "reading" as a skill in the game. Some people have great reading on low ARs with lots of notes on the screen, some people are good at reading very fast approach rates (like Kynan). I would be all for being able to set the AR to whatever you want as it doesn't affect pp in any way, though obviously changing OD or CS would have an impact.
posted

Jerome wrote:

Depends how much people want to keep "reading" as a skill in the game. Some people have great reading on low ARs with lots of notes on the screen, some people are good at reading very fast approach rates (like Kynan). I would be all for being able to set the AR to whatever you want as it doesn't affect pp in any way, though obviously changing OD or CS would have an impact.
This is what I don't understand.

Why you can't set the AR yourself if the AR is not recognized as a skill since he does not have weight in the PP calculation ?

Or maybe AR is actually weighted but the star rating do not change ?
posted
AR has an actual influence on pp.
AR below 7 and AR above 10.5(or something around that) give extra-pp.
No influence on SR though.
posted
I see, thanks.
posted
would be cool if it has a SEVERE decrease in multiplier. like 0.1-0.5 depending on number ofc.

imho it shouldn't be something people can use as an actual playstyle because someone can just take a 1 star map and put everything on highest and farm.

AND cs10 scores wouldnt be as impressive

other than that it would be cook i guess
posted
This would be very interesting, but I wonder if changing OD/CS on the map would change the pp it actually gives, this could be even more interesting for people that are able to play very high CS such as 7
posted
Sorry, but I don't agree with this.

To change just 1 individual stat like this completely takes the uniqueness out of a map. When a mapper creates a map, the stats work together to create a unique experience. To change one of them takes away whatever makes that map special. You might argue mods like Hardrock and Doubletime do this, but they don't change the map at all. HR and DT don't change, but rather they amplify what the map has to offer. They still preserve what makes the map unique / difficult while remaining fun for the players. Not only would this completely ruin the way mapping is done, it would only encourage more generic plays. How exciting would it be to see every map with cs4 and ar9? Nothing exciting to see anymore, is there?

Every map would in a sense become a pp map, because the player will just take away whatever makes that map special or hard to make it easier for themselves. The point of maps with unique stats is to create these styles, to remove that purpose only makes osu more generic.
posted
TIL the only think that prevents people from farming is the AR and CS.

This is ONLY true for AR10.5-11 because those ARs are usually almost unreadable, but ASIDE OF THAT, your argument just doesn't work. How does changing the OD make the map different ? Or the HP ?
The very VERY rare maps that actually use a very specific AR and CS are maps that don't even give PP in the first place so it would makes them easier yes, but it won't turn said maps into farm maps.

And if people "don't wanna have fun" by putting everything on CS4 AR9, I guess it's their choice, which is still a better choice than the mapper's who most of the time (for kinda hard and hard maps at least) can't even play his own maps.
posted

Kynan wrote:

TIL the only think that prevents people from farming is the AR and CS.

This is ONLY true for AR10.5-11 because those ARs are usually almost unreadable, but ASIDE OF THAT, your argument just doesn't work. How does changing the OD make the map different ? Or the HP ?
The very VERY rare maps that actually use a very specific AR and CS are maps that don't even give PP in the first place so it would makes them easier yes, but it won't turn said maps into farm maps.

And if people "don't wanna have fun" by putting everything on CS4 AR9, I guess it's their choice, which is still a better choice than the mapper's who most of the time (for kinda hard and hard maps at least) can't even play his own maps.
Actually od and hp affect the map greatly. A mapper chooses these stats because they want their map to feel a certain way. These can also be a mapper's trademark *Monstrata with OD8.7 for example. A mapper doesn't need to be able to play their map to understand why it's good, but that topic's for another day.
posted
How the FUCK is OD8.7 a monstrata trademark ??? He puts OD>8 on his maps because unlike the other dumb PP mappers who use an OD way too low compared to the AR, he knows how this game works and how easy it is to acc on OD<9.x.
posted
It's good, but it should also come with individual score/pp multipliers.

Changing ar to below 7 or above 10.3 will increase the multiplier, while to any other will decrease it.
Changing od to anything above the original will increase it. same with cs.
Changing hp should not give any multiplier when changed to a higher one, but should be decreased when lowered.

I think if it will ever get implemented, it will be the most fair way.
posted

Eraser wrote:

Changing ar to below 7 or above 10.3 will increase the multiplier, while to any other will decrease it.
That's not how it should work, it should work around note density not just AR, because this is just personnal preference.
show more
Please sign in to reply.