schlafi
Awesome map !
Its really fun to play it. :D
Irreversible
gz nold :)
Avena

vipto wrote:

People call this best of 2014?
Image Money [WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG DIMENSIONS?] was better pls.

Also, some general things:
Insane should be AR8, it completely plays like a Hyper. Also, you can't see the NC spam in the SV changing sliders due to the AR not fitting the note density, which makes it hard to read and makes the NC spamming pointless.
End's Insane should have some small jumps, its not spaced enough and it just feels like stream -> completely not challenging sliders -> stream -> completely not challenging sliders and it repeats.
The gap between EXTRA and Ends' Insane is massive, which should get fixed if the spacing gets a bit more interesting and some jumps get involved.

I am not saying this is anywhere close to an unrank, but these are just some stuff I felt like I should point out.
Scorpiour
congrats~~ nice work~
Hula

Scorpiour wrote:

congrats~~ nice work~
So, did you actually look at Extra or did you gouge your eyes out first?
Zare
The gap between End's Insane and Extra is fine. Extra starts getting interesting to play once you're able to FC End's Insane, which is how a spread should work.

Also Hula wtf, could you just stop such unnecessary comments?
Scorpiour

Hula wrote:

Scorpiour wrote:

congrats~~ nice work~
I was planning to rank this map but wcx came first.
mintong89

Hula wrote:

Scorpiour wrote:

congrats~~ nice work~
Before you don't like this maps, please think about you can make better than this maps? even if you can, you should not give some negative comment but some suggestion to help the maps. Well just like [ B e a r ] at Disqus said, if you don't like the beatmap then don't play, remove from your game.
Avena

Scorpiour wrote:

Hula wrote:

I was planning to rank this map but wcx came first.
Lust
priti wow how r00d

congrats
Kyouren
Gratzz!! Mintong, ReySHel, happy623, Foreverends, and nold_1702!!^^
Soarezi
How..is.. this monstrosity even qualified?

WTF
Wishy
Nice too see such a good map like this could get ranked.
Stefan
In fact there will be always this part of opinions who will call the map as bad and then the other part will call other maps as bad since the criterias what a map makes good is different at the most people. Honestly, does it bring ANYTHING to insult someone because he likes the Map? No. If you came to attack someone, do not post. Just don't. If you can say something in a real constructive way ("ARx works better because it plays better" is not constructive) then feel free to post.
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Sala- wrote:

Is it just me or does the offset feel terrible?
I think you didn't download this from the offical osu site?
You may downloaded the pervious mp3 so you found it's offset is terrible as I changed mp3 once last year(oh..last week):d

And,thank you for all who congratzed me (: DDDD)

Besides,
Calm to reply,if you have any complaints,indicate them to me in game without any offense.I will be so appreciate to listen and consider to do what you suggest in the next map.But I am afraid that you don't find me for improving mine just because you are a hater for non-sense D:
No one wants war anywhere,real nor internet.
State your opinion to me in game or send me forum PMs if you have any diffculty on this mapset.
RikiH_
Most hated map of 2014.
thelewa
I haven't played this map even once but it's probably bad because some random people told me that it's bad and I have no mind of my own
YERTI
how is this map even qualified
this map is shit
Kettutyty

thelewa wrote:

I haven't played this map even once but it's probably bad because some random people told me that it's bad and I have no mind of my own
Loctav
I am fine with that map, the only thing that heavily disturbs me is the usage of New Combos, which is heavily overdone and spammed in the EXTRA diff. Due to the high density of high NCs, the drain is way harsher in case of a miss and also it can end up as quite confusing to read. Instead of having patterns like 00:27:505 (1,1,1) - or 00:58:721 (1,1,1,1) - can be grouped up into one combo and they do not need to have an NC on every spot possible. You can sufficiently stress the "special way of that pattern" with a single NC.
I would prefer to see you not overusing the NC feature that much anymore. The combo'ing in End's Insane is working way better here.

Just giving my feedback.
Congrats tho!
grumd
Sliders in EXTRA look like little poos. Just like the diff itself, though.

Disclaimer: I didn't say this map is not fun to play for some pro players and I didn't say nobody likes it.
pw384
GREAT!
mathi747
Nice!
ereverie
마우스라 ㅅㅂ 릴렉스로도 60퍼대가나오는데 너네가 사람이냨ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Sun Rainbow
妈呀 恭喜
Topic Starter
Ulysses
Rather than putting offensive comment here,should we disscuss why this map is bad.
Which part(s) of it is bad?
OnosakiHito
Removed some posts.
Having opinions is fine. Question is how you say it and what reason you can provide. If you don't have any, please stay away instead of taking peoples time.

Congratulation nold_1702.
Wishy

nold_1702 wrote:

Rather than putting offensive comment here,should we disscuss why this map is bad.
None, people is mad because they can't play it that's it.
Avena

Wishy wrote:

nold_1702 wrote:

You don't need to be in the top 100 to see when a slider looks bad or to know when the NC usage is way too extreme, stop flaming for nothing.
JAKACHAN

Now coming from someone who tested it before it was even released I still feel like the movements within the map are way to choppy for a map that is so heavily consisted of sliders.

This is also coming from someone who typically enjoys nold's mapping so this has nothing to do with hating the mapper or the mapping style. I just do not believe this type of mapping fits with sliders.
Konei

Priti wrote:

You don't need to be in the top 100 to see when a slider looks bad or to know when the NC usage is way too extreme, stop flaming for nothing.
Because a Slider looking "bad" is a totally objective thing, yea.

Also you might want to stop posting

Priti wrote:

slightly humoristic
stuff, because all I can see you reaching with this is making people agressive.
Wishy

JAKACHAN wrote:

Now coming from someone who tested it before it was even released I still feel like the movements within the map are way to choppy for a map that is so heavily consisted of sliders.

This is also coming from someone who typically enjoys nold's mapping so this has nothing to do with hating the mapper or the mapping style. I just do not believe this type of mapping fits with sliders.
I can't play AR 10, hence the bad result. Thank god I learned how to change AR on the editor!!!

Priti wrote:

So your argument is that you don't like the slider shape.

Do yourself a favor and step out of this. The only valid thing I've read on this thread yet is that JAKACHAN "doesn't like how the movement feels", again subjective.
Wishy
delete
Topic Starter
Ulysses

Priti wrote:

You don't need to be in the top 100 to see when a slider looks bad or to know when the NC usage is way too extreme, stop flaming for nothing.[/quote]
Yes,modders don't have to be the top 100 of it,but the one who trys to help with this map,should have the ability to read this map properly(AR10).And you didn't even prove that you can.Stop posting if you cant even read this map but just putting offense here.
Topic Starter
Ulysses

JAKACHAN wrote:

I repeat again,there must be players to love and hate a map.I am so happy to listen that you loved my maps except this one.However,if you do not like any of my maps,just delete the maps which you don't like.Various of players love the movement on this map,including me.
P.S. I am able to pass this without NF and get a B.
Lust

nold_1702 wrote:

JAKACHAN wrote:

I repeat again,there must be players to love and hate a map.I am so happy to listen that you loved my maps except this one.However,if you do not like any of my maps,just delete the maps which you don't like.Various of players love the movement on this map,including me.
P.S. I am able to pass this without NF and get a B.
While I am with others on the agreement that the map is not well done, I find myself to be a very open man when it comes to discussions like this. However in your recent posts and in others, I find your ways of thinking to be flawed. Someone who cannot read AR10 in play can easily open up the editor and pick out parts of a map with some background in modding/mapping. Playing and modding are two different aspects of this community. Being able to pass your own maps should be given, after all you did make the set. Instead of being defensive about your patterns claiming that "many players love the movement", is not a good argument. The majority of those saying such things are coming from one side of the community. Being able to take critique is all part of the experience in mapping. Telling us to delete your map isn't going to solve anything either. The sentiment against the mapset will always be there.
JAKACHAN

Wishy wrote:

Do yourself a favor and step out of this. The only valid thing I've read on this thread yet is that JAKACHAN "doesn't like how the movement feels", again subjective.
And "people being mad they can't play it" isn't? Especially when you are one of those people?

This is just another map that was mapped to be hard and didn't turn out how it should of. Unfortunately, no one will do anything about it because that's how these always turn out.
Aqo
Like all maps, there will be maps some people enjoy and others don't. No map can appeal to all players.

A lot of issues are subjective. "Doesn't play well" for one person can be "a new fun type of pattern" for another person. There is no one absolute truth on the matter and the bottom line is that people who don't like the map shouldn't assume the same things they personally don't like are also things others dislike. Play the maps you like, stay away from others; osu has quite of a big map selection to appeal for everybody.

Either way, modders should try to see the map from the mapper's point of view when modding, and suggest things to improve the map (with the mapper's intentions in mind), not to change the map into something else.
Liiraye

JAKACHAN wrote:

Wishy wrote:

And "people being mad they can't play it" isn't? Especially when you are one of those people?

This is just another map that was mapped to be hard and didn't turn out how it should of. Unfortunately, no one will do anything about it because that's how these always turn out.
If it's so bad then go map how it's supposed to be yourself, since you apparently are an elite mapper.

I agree with aqo. People need to learn the difference between giving good constructive criticism and being mean. This is nolds creation. You should be grateful to be playing it.

I hate the mapping community in osu. I really do.
Ethercastle

Lust wrote:

While I am with others on the agreement that the map is not well done, I find myself to be a very open man when it comes to discussions like this. However in your recent posts and in others, I find your ways of thinking to be flawed. Someone who cannot read AR10 in play can easily open up the editor and pick out parts of a map with some background in modding/mapping. Playing and modding are two different aspects of this community. Being able to pass your own maps should be given, after all you did make the set. Instead of being defensive about your patterns claiming that "many players love the movement", is not a good argument. The majority of those saying such things are coming from one side of the community. Being able to take critique is all part of the experience in mapping. Telling us to delete your map isn't going to solve anything either. The sentiment against the mapset will always be there.
You should bear in mind that people hardly ever reach consensus on anything, though.

Take an extreme example, I hate Justin Bieber and I believe that, seriously, he should sing death metal instead. Is that a valid critique? Probably yes. He has the perfect voice for that.Should he really sing death metal? Definitely no. "Many people love his songs". The majority of those voice comes from one side of the (global) community, namely brainless teenage girls. Nonetheless, he should never take my critique as if he actually starts his metal career, he'll probably....(can't imagine the cruelty).... Instead, he should just ignore me and tell me to delete all his songs. The sentiment against him will be there beyond forever, but who cares? Girls like him.

Most of the time, the reason why a mapper declines some suggestions is not that he/she is a super stubborn asshole, but that the suggestion does not cohere with his/her vision of the map. Taking the suggestion would surely make some people like the map more, but will, meanwhile, make others like the map less. Aqo's post summed it up quite well so I'm not gonna repeat.

Mappers who make popular maps deserve respect. However, as far as I believe, mappers who are able uphold their opinions, survive the haters and egocentric modders and subsequently bring to the community unique and stylish maps deserve more respect. As without them, we would only have homogenized maps that plays fluent but yet identical.
show more