forum

[resolved] no fail

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +235
show more
nrl
Yes it does. If you fail during multi you still play out the map, but your score isn't submitted.
Bara-

Narrill wrote:

Yes it does. If you fail during multi you still play out the map, but your score isn't submitted.
That's exactly the same as I said ;-;
nrl
And it's exactly the same as what this feature request proposes. Hence, it already works that way in multi.
Bara-
It does not
This request
NF
Pass --> 100%
Fail--> 50%

Multi
NF
Pass --> 50
Fail --> 50
sarysa
Actually, looking at my records as I've had a few necro's in MP lately, it seems to work like this:
Multiplayer pass: 100%
Multiplayer fail but revived and stayed alive long enough to reach the end: 100%
Multiplayer fail: 0%, but your failing grade is shown. (your percentage and score are not reported to the server)

The second instance has got to be a bug.
ikzune
i know that some vsrgs are designed so you dont fail however you may reach 0% hp which is indicated as a fail, i think it would be better that the dont fail mod is already in the game when you play and if the hp bar gets fully drained then it should just be a 50% reduction
Oinari-sama

sarysa wrote:

Actually, looking at my records as I've had a few necro's in MP lately, it seems to work like this:
Multiplayer fail but revived and stayed alive long enough to reach the end: 100%
Multiplayer fail: 0%, but your failing grade is shown. (your percentage and score are not reported to the server)

The 2nd scenario will only count in Local Record, it won't be submitted for online ranking.
nrl

baraatje123 wrote:

It does not
This request
NF
Pass --> 100%
Fail--> 50%

Multi
NF
Pass --> 50
Fail --> 50
Multi without NF behaves like the first example. I didn't think I'd actually have to spell that out.
jesse1412

Narrill wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

It does not
This request
NF
Pass --> 100%
Fail--> 50%

Multi
NF
Pass --> 50
Fail --> 50
Multi without NF behaves like the first example. I didn't think I'd actually have to spell that out.
No it doesn't.
nrl
... yes it does.
EDIT: Alright alright I realize what you guys're saying, if you fail you don't get any credit at all, you've caught me with red hands around my ankles or whatever. The point is that you play out the map regardless and get credit if you pass. It doesn't mean anything at all that you don't get 50% if you fail, that 50% would be entirely inconsequential in every situation.
sarysa

Oinari-sama wrote:

sarysa wrote:

The 2nd scenario will only count in Local Record, it won't be submitted for online ranking.
You'd think that, but no. I necro'd many songs in my most recent online play and all of them have reported scores. They're very low...most of them are in the 10th percentile and lower (i.e. my online position is 13291 of 14194)...but they were indeed reported.
These necro scores were never halved either. I would have noticed.
But outright failures simply have a grade but no server-side ranking shown on the lower left of the beatmap select screen.
Bara-
Can you please link those?
Like map + .osr file?
And screenshot with it, as it's kinda weird though
sarysa
Easier said than done -- there is no .osr file. None of my MP plays have one, including the legitimate passes. Naturally there's no performance graph either. All I can give are inconclusive screenshots and my unreliable word.

A normal MP fail:

An MP necro, and I distinctly remember this being a necro and my friends and I griping about how unreadable this 2.4 beatmap was (I'll refrain from posting the three letter word one friend used to describe it):

But since there's no performance graph saved, all I can give you are the overly colorful stats. The song's HP drain is a relatively generous 3 (on the other hand something like 5 would've probably been "never heal" on that song) but you can surmise from my combo that I messed up in clumps, which easily fails you out in this game:

BTW, speaking of OSR files, I figured out that I can correlate the play time of a song to the file date in the replays directory to find a song's replay, but is there a more convenient way to access it?
Osuology
Very good, I think this would be helpful for some of my noob friends XD
Xheriux
This has to be inplemented, usefull for my noob friends :P
Bara-
Bump
I no longer play for PP, but I do like playing 7* with EZ, but getting to the end, and failing due to notelock is a pain. Having the score still be available as a Local score would be amazing (albeit it with lowered score)
Diskye
Great idea! i've been thinking about it so many times.

It would be awesome if it would only activate if your hp is at 0.
Swerro
When you start a map with nofail, you're assuming you won't pass and are not caring much for a tremendous score as it will be halved by NF(you know that before you play). However if you do pass, even though you didn't think you would (so it'd probably be a lucky pass), You suddenly dó care about your score! And would definitely not want it halved.
You see whats wrong there^? You either do care about the score or do not.
This feature kind of seems like greedy help for lazy and inconsistent players to me.

(or I might be overseeing things again as always)
Bara-

Swerro wrote:

When you start a map with nofail, you're assuming you won't pass and are not caring much for a tremendous score as it will be halved by NF(you know that before you play). However if you do pass, even though you didn't think you would (so it'd probably be a lucky pass), You suddenly dó care about your score! And would definitely not want it halved.
This feature kind of seems like greedy help for lazy and inconsistent players to me.

It's the other way around
I recently passed Pensiamento with EZNC, after approx 100 tries
I always failed at one part, so if I want to play the rest, I need to use NF. I once tried it without, and due to notelocking I failed. After A LOT of tries, I managed to pass it by hitting almost all notes in the hard part without using NF. But since I rarely played the end, I was afraid I wasn't going to make it. Having passed a ridiculously hard part, and then failing shortly afterwards is pretty aweful, and this feature will prevent that

Note, this request isn't: "I'm using NF, but I passed, so give me my full score", but "Oh, I failed. Let me play further while 'halving' my points"
RiXX
hi
jesse1412

Bara- wrote:

Swerro wrote:

It's the other way around
I recently passed Pensiamento with EZNC, after approx 100 tries
I always failed at one part, so if I want to play the rest, I need to use NF. I once tried it without, and due to notelocking I failed. After A LOT of tries, I managed to pass it by hitting almost all notes in the hard part without using NF. But since I rarely played the end, I was afraid I wasn't going to make it. Having passed a ridiculously hard part, and then failing shortly afterwards is pretty aweful, and this feature will prevent that

Note, this request isn't: "I'm using NF, but I passed, so give me my full score", but "Oh, I failed. Let me play further while 'halving' my points"
Using nofail in the first place would also prevent your problem.

This feature request is basically asking for the removal of nofail. If your score is only halved when you fail then why would you EVER have it off. I want to be able to fail, if you don't, use nofail.
Swerro
I've thought more about this feature, and concluded that this feature solves the issue people have with passing/failing, but in a really awkward way that creates other new issues.
"Oh, I failed. Let me play further while 'halving' my points"

A shitty halved +NF score, or no score at all, does anybody care about the difference? No, because if you didn't mind a shitty +NF score on the map you would choose +NF in the first place before you start playing.
If "playing further after fail" is the real essential issue for this feature, you might as well change the std nofail system, instead of updating the nofail mod.

Bara's example was about going for a pass, yet finishing the rest of the map after fail. So if the fact that you finish the map is the essential point to this feature, it'd be more efficient to change the failsystem to something similar as taiko's fail system, instead of changing the nofail mod.

This way, you would still have the normal HP drain bar, and once down to 0, it stays there but you still finish the map and simply fail at the end of the map and don't set a score.
That's way better than this feature's current idea, as this other solution doesn't create the problem that people would basically be permanently equipping nofail.

^^I'm speaking from the Feature Voter's point of view, as I read the other posts, I believe this isn't completely thought through by most people who voted for this feature.
Personally, I would say don't change the failsystem/nofailmod at all.

Edit: fixing my english
Sandy Hoey

Bara- wrote:

It may not be the aim of the request, but that is how it is going to be used. No matter wat the noble intentions of the original request was, people are going to take advantage of this by permanently having it on because it does not hurt them in any way to do so. If you want to play the map out, like Swerro said, the better option would just be to allow you to play the rest of the map while making the play unranked.
Gravelight
S u p p o r t e d 8-)
Luqanted

Dragne wrote:

S u p p o r t e d 8-)
why
just

why

it has already been developed.. :'(
Nathanael
/facepalm
Gravelight

Luqanted wrote:

Dragne wrote:

S u p p o r t e d 8-)
why
just

why

it has already been developed.. :'(
I have nothing better to use stars on so I'm wasting them for the memes. :')