forum

small Audio Lead-In bug [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Drezus
In Editor mode, if you have a saved beatmap, and try changing the Lead-in time in the Audio options, the beatmap won't ask you to save when you Test it, and does not save the change in Lead-in (you can see in Test mode that the map didn't change). Fortunately, you can "Save Beatmap" in the "File..." menu after adjusting the Lead-in and then Testing, since that way the map will be correctly saved.

Tested with the latest version a lot of times in different maps, and it seems a pretty solid (but quite small) bug.

I know it's kinda useless to report a bug that can be avoided by other means, but I guess that kind of thing can make osu better and better.

On a side note, I'm still having a lot of BPM desynch in the skin selection screen, mostly with maps with many resources like videos and custom sounds, but I haven't found anything to prove it yet. But I don't see why would my computer do that alone. It seems it's likely to happen with a lot of people. In my case, osu freezes for a moment, while loading the skins for that screen. Maybe that happens more often the more skins I have installed?

EDIT: Ok, now that I re-read, it looked a little confusing, but what I meant is that when you SAVE a map, THEN change the Lead-in time and THEN try testing it, it won't ask for saving like it does when you edit more important things like hitcircles and map difficulty.
Gabi
confirmed. its not just the lead-in time, its the whole "song setup" tab

a tiny bit annoying ^^
Gens
I remember it was at the Design Tab too, but I'm not sure...
Topic Starter
Drezus
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Gabi wrote:

confirmed. its not just the lead-in time, its the whole "song setup" tab

a tiny bit annoying ^^
I've been annoyed by this too and don't know why I of all people haven't reported this.

Drezus wrote:

I know it's kinda useless to report a bug that can be avoided by other means
That's the stupidest thing I've heard on this subject.
fufe
I wasnt sure where to put this but its the same thing with a mini twist.

Bug- If you access Custom Colors through [Options -> Song Setup... -> Colours] Enabling and changing custom colors will not change the colors in editor and will not prompt the user to save before testing. Manually saving and test/refreshing will work. Pushing F4 or using [View -> Song Setup... -> Colours] will automatically update colors in editor but it seems it still wont prompt you to save.
peppy
(*) Fixed Song Setup dialog changes not triggering a save prompt on testing.