Mouse only sometimes
sometimes z/x
really depends on my mood
Kuria

RhaiizoN wrote:

kriers wrote:

MOUSE ONLY
Skuld
Mouse only. Tried to play with z/x, but it didn't work very well...
Kanye West
z/x, can't stream at all with only mouse
thelewa
J and K, though I break the keys pretty fast so I have to change them often. U and I next.
Dieathan
Mouse only. I do have my left hand hovering over z and x but never use them because my left hand fingers are slower than my right hand fingers. Thankfully, my right hand fingers are fast enough to do streams alright.
Neruell

ragelewa wrote:

J and K, though I break the keys pretty fast so I have to change them often. U and I next.
I am not good with the design/structure of mechanical keyboards so I wonder what does "break" in it? Just curious.
thelewa

Neruell wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

I am not good with the design/structure of mechanical keyboards so I wonder what does "break" in it? Just curious.
I think I used a misleading word but what really happens is that the letters start to repeat, like if I press "H" on my keyboard it types it 2-3 (sometimes even 7) times nowadays so I can't use it to play osu anymore. It happens because while mechanical keyboards can take a ridiculous amount of presses they aren't designed to survive playing osu. (Quick consecutive presses = harder on the switches than normal typing, and we use more force than normal when we stream too.)

Edit: I don't really know what exactly breaks in the switch but here's a link detailing the problem further: http://elitekeyboards.com/support.php?lang=en#5

unfortunately my warranty doesn't cover "breaking switches because of playing osu" and shipping my kb back to Canada or something is a pain in the ass
Neruell

ragelewa wrote:

I think I used a misleading word but what really happens is that the letters start to repeat, like if I press "H" on my keyboard it types it 2-3 (sometimes even 7) times nowadays so I can't use it to play osu anymore. It happens because while mechanical keyboards can take a ridiculous amount of presses they aren't designed to survive playing osu. (Quick consecutive presses = harder on the switches than normal typing, and we use more force than normal when we stream too.)

Edit: I don't really know what exactly breaks in the switch but here's a link detailing the problem further: http://elitekeyboards.com/support.php?lang=en#5

unfortunately my warranty doesn't cover "breaking switches because of playing osu" and shipping my kb back to Canada or something is a pain in the ass
Hmm and how long do you use your keyboard and how often you "play" osu with the same buttons untill you switch them?
thelewa
I might've used the old buttons for a good 3-4 months playing this game quite much

oh my god time goes by so fast
Salvage
that sucks i can't play if i dont use the numpad so i'll have to use 5 and 6 after 2 and 3 and 8/9 after

1 more year till i can't play osu anymore? :(
thelewa
the way I singletap is ferocious so I doubt that other peoples switches will break like mine do

and I have a reputation for breaking my razer blackwidow with 1 blow
Salvage
well i dont singletap on streams (i do on other notes tho but well) and i have the blackwidow too .. my two first letters are working fine still D:
Neruell
Quitting osu! for the sake of my keyboard.
dNextGen
so i heard normal keyboard is way much better at endurance than those mechanic ones
Neruell
I really don't know but I guess it always depends which keyboards you compare.
silmarilen

ragelewa wrote:

the way I singletap is ferocious so I doubt that other peoples switches will break like mine do

the way i single tap on 220-240 BPM maps would destroy my old laptop :P
kriers

ragelewa wrote:

are you lynx? aka. leftie?

silmarilen wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

the way i single tap on 220-240 BPM maps would destroy my old laptop :P
Using the wrong keyboard won't necessarily make you ruin it. More likely it will cause great strain to your finger joints.
I have a few good reasons why I ended up as mouse only in the first place :(
silmarilen
well.. its just that i mash the buttons with so much force, and the laptop keyboard was very thin that i might smash through it if i played too much.
but back then i couldnt single tap this fast anyway so there was no danger.
BlazeDstaR
I only use mouse keyboard and tablet is for wussys c: :p
MusicFan
Mouse only. Save the right button for triple/quintuple quarter stacks. Still struggling with quarter stacks that need you to move, but getting
better. Biggest reason I don't use z/x is that I haven't put much practice in it. With maps these days, I'll need to.
thelewa

kriers wrote:

are you lynx? aka. leftie?
nope
kriers

MusicFan wrote:

Mouse only. Save the right button for triple/quintuple quarter stacks. Still struggling with quarter stacks that need you to move, but getting
better. Biggest reason I don't use z/x is that I haven't put much practice in it. With maps these days, I'll need to.
or, you could play the optimal mouse only style.
Low
I use s/c keys, lolcubes once posted that a larger spacing in the fingers helps. It does indeed.

Clicking with mouse affects the mouse movement, so I don't use it. :P
those

Jacob wrote:

I use s/c keys, lolcubes once posted that a larger spacing in the fingers helps. It does indeed.

Affects your mouse movement. It doesn't affect mine.
Espionage724

Neruell wrote:

Quitting osu! for the sake of my keyboard.
Had my keyboard for maybe 4 or 5 years, and only started playing osu! late last year, keyboard seems to sill be holding out quite nicely :)

I had a mouse that I bought late last year as well, and I played osu! with a mouse for maybe a week or two before learning what Z and X were :p, that mouse also broke too (probably unrelated to osu!, but clearly that mouse wouldn't of been able to handle me playing osu! with it too long)

Playing osu! with a mouse seems to affect my movement quite noticeably though. I don't see how it's possible at all to move the mouse and click (and stream) as easily, as opposed to using the mouse for just movement, and Z/X for clicking.
Frizz
Mouse-only for jumps. ZX for streams.
Neruell

Espionage724 wrote:

Had my keyboard for maybe 4 or 5 years, and only started playing osu! late last year, keyboard seems to sill be holding out quite nicely :)

I had a mouse that I bought late last year as well, and I played osu! with a mouse for maybe a week or two before learning what Z and X were :p, that mouse also broke too (probably unrelated to osu!, but clearly that mouse wouldn't of been able to handle me playing osu! with it too long)

Playing osu! with a mouse seems to affect my movement quite noticeably though. I don't see how it's possible at all to move the mouse and click (and stream) as easily, as opposed to using the mouse for just movement, and Z/X for clicking.
I did have an old keyboard before, for maybe like 5 years but playing a lot of osu! it did "break". Some months ago bought a new mech keyboard but since I didnt really see any "wow" effect specially for osu! becoming streaming god or anything I better not break something pretty much expensive for something like osu! and use it for a lot of other things and for a way longer time than I would for osu!.

My poor mouse. Really loved both of them before they broke :( Although I did see some result in getting "better" in aiming with a mouse in fps though. But maybe it was just a coincidence or luck or anything like it.
kriers

those wrote:

Jacob wrote:

Affects your mouse movement. It doesn't affect mine.
^ this.
Learn to play with proper settings and pleeaaaase, mouse only with a claw grip is ineffective and ofc it
affects mouse movements when you click with the same fingers that control your cursor :?

Palm grip all the way, ye?
GigaClon
once i knew you could use the keyboard i used it and never looked back. My mouse has too much to do anyway, so using the keyboard is so much easier. I find that my hand can move on the mouse and as long as its still there I don't have worry about my fingers being on the buttons
DozRH
I've been a mouse player from day 1, but am trying to make the transition to z/x. Two issues I'm facing:
1. I have a Das Professional S keyboard that uses cherry brown switches. The problem is the keystroke is so much longer than my mouse that I feel offbeat while trying to use them, having to start the keystroke prior to the beat.
2. Being a mostly left click only player at this point, knowing I have to click works as a good mental "stop here" telling me to stop properly over the button.

It is difficult hitting quick beats while having to keep moving, and I do use z/x when i there's a fast stack of 3+ buttons, but I can't for the life of me coordinate moving the mouse in right hand and keeping the beat in the left. Any tips?
Neruell

DozRH wrote:

I've been a mouse player from day 1, but am trying to make the transition to z/x. Two issues I'm facing:
1. I have a Das Professional S keyboard that uses cherry brown switches. The problem is the keystroke is so much longer than my mouse that I feel offbeat while trying to use them, having to start the keystroke prior to the beat.
2. Being a mostly left click only player at this point, knowing I have to click works as a good mental "stop here" telling me to stop properly over the button.

It is difficult hitting quick beats while having to keep moving, and I do use z/x when i there's a fast stack of 3+ buttons, but I can't for the life of me coordinate moving the mouse in right hand and keeping the beat in the left. Any tips?
Practice
F m L_old
Ive actually changed abit

Mouse click + x
kriers

F m L wrote:

Ive actually changed abit

Mouse click + x
Vish024
Stream with z/x, click for just about everything else.