forum

[resolved] Windows 8.1 Mouse Cursor Issues [confirmed] [READ FOR FIX]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Orange Mushroom

Cjmmz wrote:

It did not work after following the steps in the solution.
But then, i tried to put it in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and it worked perfect. :)
(I have Windows 8.1 32-Bits)
After I tried all the previous solutions, this one worked for me.
effenelle
Can this fix be used for Windows 8?
Marcin
If you happen to have this issue on windows 8, it is mostly likely something with your settings. Fix explained here fixes mouse issue which occurs when using sensitivity higher than 1,0x
TakuMii
Windows 8 doesn't have this issue, only Windows 8.1. If you're having an issue like this on 8, then there's something else causing the problem.
TacoRaptor
The fix reg fix worked perfectly! Thanks :D
626kelvin
running on 8.1, i still have the same problem and tried the steps a couple of times.
-comp already got the update
-created the .reg no fixes
Xyou
Thank you Espionnage724, you've made me save a few money.... when I first noticed this problem I just thought it was coming from my mouse and was considering buying a new one x) Your steps completly solved the problem (though it looks like I actually already had the fix, through an automatic update maybe?). For those whose problem may not be fixed, I personally had to change the directory (http://puu.sh/6OKpS.png) so maybe you should check it too.
the212

626kelvin wrote:

running on 8.1, i still have the same problem and tried the steps a couple of times.
-comp already got the update
-created the .reg no fixes
its the same for me too i did ever thing but still n working and have 8-1

can i have some help :cry:
Toy
So I updated to 8.1 today, and when I tried installing the windows patch, it said it wasn't applicable to my system. I followed the steps and now my cursor issues with mouse movement speed are resolved, but for whatever reason all my mouse movements in osu feel really off now. I've double checked to make sure mouse acceleration is turned off, but sometimes I'll be able to do big jumps and the next play my mouse will go like 3/4s of the way across the screen with what feels like the same hand motion.

I've had this issue before and I have no idea what I did to fix it. For a while all my jumps felt good and I knew exactly how far to move my mouse to get it where I wanted but now everything just feels... off.

Is this related to the windows 8.1 update? Or is it something completely different?
peppy
Test build has a potential fix for this. It also allows tablet users to change sensitivity. Please test and let me know how it feels.
kurufu
I think I have the patch applied to my win 8.1 already so im not sure if i would still get mouse jitter, but currently in test build i can do 4.0x just fine with no jitter.

However going below 1.0x I cant move my cursor around the whole screen, its most notable at 0.5x where my mouse is locked to a small sub section of the osu window (usually the top right or bottom right, i cant move it to the left half of my screen). I am running it fullscreen windowed and have two monitors if thats important.
TebeMusic
WHY I CAN'T UPDATE THE KB2908279????? I WANNA KNOWW!!!
NaTha
since the new Update my Tablet is buggy but why??
XPJ38

NaThaNeL wrote:

since the new Update my Tablet is buggy but why??
Check out this thread or, if the issue is different, create a new thread.
RazGame
I install new last update Osu
and for me bug with mouse not solved
Win 8.1
Damn
:c
I want play with my friends
Lancelot
Put it 1x and change the windows mouse speed if you have problems
Nevermind
peppy
Try #2. Please report back with success stories.
peppy
Marking resolved.
Kuronosu
Hi!

I have Win 8.1 and when i pull mouse sensitivity inside osu over/under 1.0X, it tells me, that since I have Win 8.1+, it enables the Raw input, but my mouse freezes - even though i can click, but ONLY click.

Do I have to use osu!Beta to have this solved?

Already tried the mentioned solutions. Every single one.
Luna Moonshire
OK I had this issue as well and i fixed it. Go into your tablet settings and change it from pen mode to mouse mode.