forum

Werewolf Game 3-REBOOT [Concluded - Human Victory]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Pasonia
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Date, time unknown.
A terminal somewhere at unknown location

"So, the humans have won."
"Indeed, sir, although it seems forced."
"It didn't matter anymore. Key in the records into the system. I'd like to see how this system continues."
"Sir, if I may, can I have a few suggestions?"
"Go ahead."

"Sir, based on this game I have discovered a few matters.

One, the Host did not ensure that the Seer role was covered. This resulted in confusion for the human team, which I feel was unnecessary.

Two, the Priest that "happened" to be in this round of lynching... is too powerful. Perhaps we should find a Miracle-Worker instead, one who can't summon their powers as often as they think they'd like.

Three, all who go against the Host should be banished immediately. Problems one of the wolf gave severely derailed the game's momentum and caused a huge loss of interest, and I believe that while the wolf is solely to blame for matters degrading to such a situation, the Host should have prevented it from occuring."

"Is that all? They're valid points you raised, though. I will see to that."
"Yes, sir."

Data entry in progress......

string text Rolled replaced with Saturos-fangirl.

Topic Starter
Pasonia
Okay, that's a wrap.

We've reached the end of the game.

A few things to note from me.

I am thoroughly dissatisfied at the dissent raised at me throughout the game. I do believe I've done my best to rescue the game, but ultimately the interest waned partly because players weren't interested in a broken game and I wasn't interested in players who weren't interested. I weeded out the players because of that reason.

I do hope that you guys realise that while I would like more than anybody to Host well, I am human too. Perhaps it is my fault for not considering what Ace considered before, but I am not a robot and I am capable of making mistakes. I am also intolerant to repeated jabs that question my intelligence, as per what a certain player had kept doing to me on two different platforms.

Last word: Despite the shit, I'm still going to host WW4, slated for next week. The ball's in the courts of you guise now.

This thread will be locked for posterity next week when the Official Rules Discussion Phase begins, so you guys who've played this game (or at least knew it) may speak your mind here until then.
Jinxy
You mean I can talk here too?

Damn this game was fast-paced.
Cuddlebun

Pasonia wrote:

Okay, that's a wrap.

We've reached the end of the game.

A few things to note from me.

I am thoroughly dissatisfied at the dissent raised at me throughout the game. I do believe I've done my best to rescue the game, but ultimately the interest waned partly because players weren't interested in a broken game and I wasn't interested in players who weren't interested. I weeded out the players because of that reason.

I do hope that you guys realise that while I would like more than anybody to Host well, I am human too. Perhaps it is my fault for not considering what Ace considered before, but I am not a robot and I am capable of making mistakes. I am also intolerant to repeated jabs that question my intelligence, as per what a certain player had kept doing to me on two different platforms.

Last word: Despite the shit, I'm still going to host WW4, slated for next week. The ball's in the courts of you guise now.

This thread will be locked for posterity next week when the Official Rules Discussion Phase begins, so you guys who've played this game (or at least knew it) may speak your mind here until then.
hee hee
YellowerYoshi
I didn't actually think there was much wrong with the game. I liked the fast pace of it because it doesn't feel like it's being dragged out with really long day and night sessions.

Concerning the Priest, it does seem a tad unfair to let them revive a person once every day/night cycle. I'd either suggest just making it the "one time only deal" or finding a happy medium, maybe giving a large "cooldown" time to the ability, perhaps 2 days? It would add a lot to the strategy and the priest would have to think a fair bit more than just "lets revive someone yay".

That's really my only concern, everything else has been fine, other than the lack of participation from a number of people. I don't disagree with you killing them off though, there's no point in there being phantom votes for so many people so often. It was rather ridiculous that even after you sent everyone a PM about the game that there were still so many people that just didn't even post. Mmm...

I will say that I'm probably too dumb for this game, it's good that SFG took me under her group for the majority of it.
Neo@lex
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Derekku
I like the fast pace, but people need to ACTUALLY participate in discussion. The first couple days were fine, but after that it went downhill. lrn2discusspeopleplz

Not sure whether I'll join WWG4 or not. I'd like to, but I'm getting behind in working on maps and other real life obligations so I dunno :<
Yuukari-Banteki

neo@lex wrote:

That drama surrounding SFG was awesome. I hope she joins WW4.
the drama is the reason that i am NOT joining WW4.
Topic Starter
Pasonia

Saturos-fangirl wrote:

neo@lex wrote:

That drama surrounding SFG was awesome. I hope she joins WW4.
the drama is the reason that i am NOT joining WW4.
Contrary to what you might think SFG, the cause of the drama wasn't you to begin with.

Let me comment about some of our players here.

SFG probably had the best analytical skills out of all the humankind players here, and to that end I thought Echo should've been able to find a way to stop the tide that is obviously headed his way. On the other hand, Larto only ever hit a handful of unimportant aux roles before his death (FYI, Larto, you hit the guy-with-a-shotgun), and the apathy to the game suffered by his team due to the fucking up of foulcoon was totally unnecessary and only served to kill the wolf team. In fact, what foulcoon did was what Singaporeans would call "sabo'ing the entire team", sabo being a shortening of the word "sabotage".

I am determined to not let this happen again in any games I host.
Cuddlebun
I'm gonna disagree and say that while it was not entirely her fault, she did cause some drama because she was too fucking good at the game. She managed to wrangle the rules in her favor before the wolves were really able to raise a protest and by the time the wolves (and some of the humans) DID protest, it was too late to reverse your decision. I'm not trying to be rude or offensive but you did make a mistake in changing the rules based on one person's words, and while the wolves had a variety of factors against them, this was one of them.
Echo
I *did* have a plan, until it turned out the priest could revive more than once, then I just gave up.
foulcoon

Echo wrote:

I *did* have a plan, until it turned out the priest could revive more than once, then I just gave up.
Topic Starter
Pasonia
Well, do you care to detail it if you already have a plan, Echo?
Yuukari-Banteki
to be fair, the people modkilled on Day...5 was it? at least was partly set up to neatly counter the multiple resurrections.

that said im still more than a little upset about being called a cheater (mostly) for being too good at this game ESPECIALLY considering that said "cheating" was both later cancelled out and would have done little to affect the outcome of the game anyways.
adam2046
Two_old
Cuddlebun
Echo

Two wrote:

Echo wrote:

was your plan to erase our memories irl? because we already knew who the wolves were
Not during D3 you didn't.
Yuukari-Banteki

Echo wrote:

Two wrote:

was your plan to erase our memories irl? because we already knew who the wolves were
Not during D3 you didn't.
actually i think D3 was when Subi concluded that if we randomly lynched everyone we didnt know about and intentionally lynched the wolves we did know about we had a 70% chance of winning