Do you hover or drag?

Drag
41.84%
Hover
58.16%
Total votes: 2703
show more
Mythras
learned to hover in about a month of suffering and being annoyed by it, i like how it makes no noise
vsprite
i hover and tap

but i have a good tablet pen so i also set the nib to off so that it doesnt register on the tablet.
teasp00n

tokaku wrote:

teasp00n I think next time it'd be better if you removed the nib when you're playing.
I got the cheapest version so i couldnt change nibs on it. But it says on the box that is should be extra nibs :S weird.

But it still works fine :P
DeletedUser_3905941

teasp00n wrote:

tokaku wrote:

teasp00n I think next time it'd be better if you removed the nib when you're playing.
I got the cheapest version so i couldnt change nibs on it. But it says on the box that is should be extra nibs :S weird.

But it still works fine :P
They're under the pen holder.
AzureRin
I tap...so i guess i'll vote for dragging...> >
Does anyone else find tapping just having inconsistent performance in general 0 0, sometimes I can do songs beyond my level sometimes I just cant hit anything for my life =-=
DENKOUSEKKA
Voted for Hovering because I'm way better when hovering
tokaku

AzureRin wrote:

I tap...so i guess i'll vote for dragging...> >
Does anyone else find tapping just having inconsistent performance in general 0 0, sometimes I can do songs beyond my level sometimes I just cant hit anything for my life =-=
I'm not sure about tapping being inconsistent. I end up tapping when I'm jumping and drag during spinners, it's a habit. I don't know which one to vote for :/
teasp00n

RedPanda wrote:

....... DAMN!

Your right o.o *facepalm*

S-So.. How do you change them? o.o

Sorry for offtopic
DeletedUser_3905941

teasp00n wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

....... DAMN!

Your right o.o *facepalm*

S-So.. How do you change them? o.o

Sorry for offtopic
Well you've destroyed your pen completely it seems so it might not work, but you place your pen nib into the metal hole on the back, put the pen at an angle and pull.

Aurani

tokaku wrote:

Actually I removed the nib since I really love to draw and don't want to waste it on a goddamn game, and the results were pretty neat... it literally shaved off a portion of my pen from all the dragging, but it doesn't cripple me in any way, it's just aesthetically displeasing.
vsprite
I pity those with 1 nib, mine came with 10 spares :)
Hell
yeah i use a mouse where is that option
gosho09
I started out by dragging but pressed too hard and thought I would damage the tablet and continued hovering, but a couple of months later switched back to dragging. I find it much difficult to hit accurately while hovering and my spinning is much worse. In my opinion, if you drag lightly, you wouldn't have hardware problems. Instead of nibs I use something I thought would be wrong but am actually pretty satisfied with - grass trimmer line. It feels better for me, it is much cheaper, can find it anywhere and lasts longer, I think.
enap

enaporp wrote:

I drag but might start hovering or at least try, dont really wanna completely ruin my pen within just weeks of having it.

However dragging feels better imo, you get the "feedback" when touching the tablet, feels more natural to me.
shortly after i posted this i started hovering, easier movements on harder songs
BeatMaster007
Ever since i got my hands on a tablet, i had been dragging. Of course, being aware of wear and tear, i purchased one of those iPad screen protection sheets and attached it to the top of the tablet. It makes for less scratches for the hardware itself and a more slippery surface to work / play on.

I have occasionally tried hovering, but my accuracy suffers when i do. There's also the issue of occasionally losing control or contact with the tablet by hovering too far over the surface, resulting in pen movements not being registered.

It's a preferential difference of reliable pinpoint accuracy vs freedom of movement and less force applied on pen when playing, though that varies with playstyle, tablet active area settings, and other things.
naliem
I prefer hovering, it's near impossible to do long jumps and spins dragging, at least me.
KuyaKoala

BeatMaster007 wrote:

Ever since i got my hands on a tablet, i had been dragging. Of course, being aware of wear and tear, i purchased one of those iPad screen protection sheets and attached it to the top of the tablet. It makes for less scratches for the hardware itself and a more slippery surface to work / play on.

I have occasionally tried hovering, but my accuracy suffers when i do. There's also the issue of occasionally losing control or contact with the tablet by hovering too far over the surface, resulting in pen movements not being registered.

It's a preferential difference of reliable pinpoint accuracy vs freedom of movement and less force applied on pen when playing, though that varies with playstyle, tablet active area settings, and other things.
Dude, nice! I'm usually a hover type of person and I wanted to try dragging. The screen protector thing helps me so much! Thanks for the tip :D
Woobowiz
I drag. But people need to stop preaching about hovering/dragging, the differences are negligible (nothing will convince me otherwise)
beeboy123

Hell wrote:

yeah i use a mouse where is that option
Mouse I have never heard of that brand of tablet.
otoed1
I actually hover, but sometimes I get real close and drag a bit. It generally happens because my read height is very low. (Something around 6-12 mm)
Rokk
Hovering just feels awkward for me. It costs quite a bit of effort to keep the pen just above the tablet, but not on it.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x
Only retards drag. It's pure physics. Drag=friction=!=speed.
[ BJ ]

thedamntrain wrote:

I guess I'm a retard then. DUDE NICE! But if you talk physics then wouldn't your aim be more stable while planted on a surface rather then in hovering in the air? But then again people only care about speed in this game nowadays anyway.
GoldenWolf

dat avatar

I see what you did there.
otoed1

[ BJ ] wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

I guess I'm a retard then. DUDE NICE! But if you talk physics then wouldn't your aim be more stable while planted on a surface rather then in hovering in the air? But then again people only care about speed in this game nowadays anyway.
This is why I drag now, instead of hover. I always switch to hover to do spinners, but otherwise I drag, as it makes me a ton more consistent.
[ BJ ]

GoldenWolf wrote:

dat avatar

I see what you did there.
It's just a cute girl, no traps :3
GoldenWolf

thedamntrain wrote:

Well you might be happy to learn that one of your "respected player" drag.

[ BJ ] wrote:

It's just a cute girl, no traps :3
Yeahhhhh suuure :3
Snowwy
Hey, I see you guys are talking about it on this thread and I would very much want some experienced players to tell me how they dealt with hovering instead of dragging. Like, what are the prons and cons of hovering vs dragging?

Im worried because I might make the switch of going from dragging to govering but im worried I won't be as accurate and good in spjnners. :I
GoldenWolf
Don't be worried, it's mostly personnal preferences and both are equally good

Pros and cons would be you might be slower when draggining, and less stable when hovering? But that's by a small margin and wouldn't get noticeable unless you play at a very high level, and even then you'd have practiced enough to overcome the "cons"
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

GoldenWolf wrote:

thedamntrain wrote:

Well you might be happy to learn that one of your "respected player" drag.
You can adapt to whatever dumbshit playstyle you choose as long as you practice at it long enough.
GoldenWolf
That wasn't the point though.
So much respect.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

GoldenWolf wrote:

That wasn't the point though.
So much respect.
I have "respect" for anyone who can reach top 100 without spamming ezmode DT. You don't have to respect an osuretard as a person, there's nothing glorious about spending 5 years on this game, but I "respect" their skill. Not them as a person, do you comprehend?
GoldenWolf
No, it doesn't make any sense. But then again I didn't expect anything more/less from you.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

GoldenWolf wrote:

No, it doesn't make any sense. But then again I didn't expect anything more/less from you.
Can't tell me if you're trying to insult me or make yourself seem retarded by not understanding such simple logic. Then again if you manage to spend enough time here in 2 years to leave 1630 forum posts, you need to kill yourself.
Rewben2

thedamntrain wrote:

You're objectively stupid. You think the ONLY aspect to aiming well is how fast you can move from one point to another? Geez, I guess everyone should use a 1cmx1cm area and play at the lowest resolution possible.

Not to mention you're telling wolf to kill himself for having "a lot" of forum posts (like what the fuck) and you seem to solely "respect" someone on whether they can obtain a certain rank without using dt.

You're cancer. Chemo please.
x_Co0ki420ezi_x

Rewben2 wrote:

You're objectively stupid. You think the ONLY aspect to aiming well is how fast you can move from one point to another? Geez, I guess everyone should use a 1cmx1cm area and play at the lowest resolution possible.
Do you understand the difference between physically moving your pen and your cursor moving on the screen? How do you even end up in that conclusion, unless you have absolutely zero idea how tablet areas function.

Not to mention you're telling wolf to kill himself for having "a lot" of forum posts (like what the fuck) and you seem to solely "respect" someone on whether they can obtain a certain rank without using dt.
Are you purposefully trying to make me repeat myself, or can you just not read?

You're cancer. Chemo please.
That's a really poor choice of words to end your rant about licking somebody's ass on teh circlejerk forums, even if you don't understand what I'm talking about.
Rewben2

thedamntrain wrote:

Do you understand the difference between physically moving your pen and your cursor moving on the screen? How do you even end up in that conclusion, unless you have absolutely zero idea how tablet areas function.
Yeah, having a smaller tablet area or having a lower resolution means less movement is required to get from one point to another. As far as aiming goes, this is what speed is, no?

thedamntrain wrote:

Are you purposefully trying to make me repeat myself, or can you just not read?
You completely omitted the first part of my post, which is just a stupid, irrelevant attack. I was just stating that I think your standards of respecting someone was stupid, no misunderstanding.

thedamntrain wrote:

That's a really poor choice of words to end your rant about licking somebody's ass on teh circlejerk forums, even if you don't understand what I'm talking about.

It's okay, this world needs tools.
Who's ass am I licking again? I perfectly understand what you're talking about.

All I ever see you doing on the forums is arguing with people... And it would appear this is no exception. I don't want to argue with you, it seems you're only out to be a dick and insult people and not actually have a legitimate argument regarding what's being discussed.
Noobsicle
dragging is a retarded playstyle guys, i wonder what that makes mouse users rofl
-Soba-
why are you guys even responding to that guy lol
Rewben2

-Soba- wrote:

why are you guys even responding to that guy lol
I wrote at the end of my quote that I don't intend on arguing with him lol
show more