forum

Friends coloured in forum [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
It'd be nice for your friends to be coloured (like GMT's, BAT's, etc.) in the forum.

Yeah.
qlum
support+1
Gens
Customizable? That'd be awesome.
+1
Ryuukun
i don't see the use in this
Real1
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gemi
The colors in the forums are now used for BAT's etc positions, I would not like to see friends tossed into the fray to make things even more difficult. Who remembers what each color does when we have a million of them?
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

The colors in the forums are now used for BAT's etc positions, I would not like to see friends tossed into the fray to make things even more difficult. Who remembers what each color does when we have a million of them?
Blue, green, red/yellow/orange. What's wrong with at least bolding friends?
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

Blue, green, red/yellow/orange. What's wrong with at least bolding friends?
Bolding seems reasonable.
KawaiiLily
I support this.
Hanyuu
i dont understand this. is it too hard to notice them by their avatar pictures ?? :?
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
awp
I personally don't see this as necessary, but I'm one of those people who are stingy with /addfriend as if it were limited, so I have an easy time keeping track of who is in my friendslist (I think mine's like four or five users). As for who I actually consider a friend - is it so hard to identify him/her by his/her name?
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I personally don't see this as necessary, but I'm one of those people who are stingy with /addfriend as if it were limited, so I have an easy time keeping track of who is in my friendslist (I think mine's like four or five users). As for who I actually consider a friend - is it so hard to identify him/her by his/her name?
There are people who are trying to add every BAT on their friend list. This would let them easily see who they missed, because their name wouldn't be bold or whatever if they weren't on their list. As such, we must cater to those people!

But seriously, I like having everyone's name uniform. Having some people's names bolded or whatever would be weird to me... Then again, I'm weird, so...
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

awp wrote:

There are people who are trying to add every BAT on their friend list. This would let them easily see who they missed, because their name wouldn't be bold or whatever if they weren't on their list. As such, we must cater to those people!
BAT names are currently bolded.

Ekaru wrote:

But seriously, I like having everyone's name uniform. Having some people's names bolded or whatever would be weird to me... Then again, I'm weird, so...
BAT names are also red/orange.

I'm talking about the forum, by the way.

I'd be easier to identify posts and PM's by friends and also easier to see if your friend is online with a quick scan at the bottom of the forum.
CheeseWarlock
I don't think this is useful at all. I'd notice my friends' avatars before their bolded or coloured names in the forums, and if you're looking at a name and you don't know if they're your friend or not, are they really your friend, or just an acquaintance?

Of course, sometimes you forget to add someone. But I still don't see this as necessary. +0 support
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

CheeseWarlock wrote:

I don't think this is useful at all. I'd notice my friends' avatars before their bolded or coloured names in the forums, and if you're looking at a name and you don't know if they're your friend or not, are they really your friend, or just an acquaintance?

Of course, sometimes you forget to add someone. But I still don't see this as necessary. +0 support
I'm mainly talking about the forum index and forum pages, not inside a thread. You don't see an avatar in those parts.