forum

Seo Taiji - Ultramania *edited*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EiJi
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, March 03, 2008 at 11:35:14 AM

Artist: Seo Taiji
Title: Ultramania
BPM: 166
Filesize: 3300kb
Play Time: 02:26
Difficulties Available:
  1. Hard (2.83 stars, 189 notes)
  2. Insane (4.85 stars, 256 notes)
Download: Seo Taiji - Ultramania
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Done!

This one I kinda really just made for Saturos. Well, actually I finished it for him. He unexpectedly beat my Can Can map which I thought no one could pass... So this is another hard one for him to have fun with. Certainly passable though.

The main trick to this map is spinners. LOTS of spinners. Usually followed by a note or slider half beat and sometimes one beat away.

[Insane] NOTES will always be dead center after a spinner. So if you see a circle in the center, it's a regular note. Sliders will be positioned in a way so as to give you a hint of which direction it will be heading. For example, up and to the right of the center, it's telling you that 1) it's a slider since it isn't in the middle, and 2) that it is going to be heading North-East.

Well, enjoy.

6/2 Edit: In an effort to help with the slide visibility, I lowered overall difficulty considerably, and increased drain rate a tad. With this, you get to see the following slider before the spinner appears. This will make it a bit too easy, but whatever. Just remember the slider's position, as you only really get a snapshot of it before the spinner appears.

25/2 Edit: Undid 6/2 edit. Changed "Hard" to "Insane". Added "Hard" mode. Althought hard isn't really that hard, but whatever... I saw a need to edit the offset for Hard mode. Yet I don't recall any problems when I made Insane...I'll check it out tomorrow. -Edit- Changed Insane's offset to that of Hard.

26/2 Edit: Fixed offset, sounds alot better now. I know, I know...Insane is damned hard, most will probably just HATE it. But I did make an easier version, which probably isn't even "hard" so don't complain. :P

4/3 Edit: Added 1.5s audio lead-in.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Project scraped. Not gonna map it.

Or not. :P
Extor
Hey, not that bad. I'm having a worse time with Can Can. Pretty weird beatmap, I don't like too much notes right after spinners, I tend to lose control of the mouse in spinners. =P

Anyways... i don't know what to do with this one...

Oh, yeah I know. You can try making an easier difficulty! =D
Rolled
I think you could call this insane. The drain and size is not that bad, but I think the spinners from hell make it insane alone.

Btw, how do you feel about making the notes starting at 1:30:93 soft? Not sure where you'd end it, but I think that little whisper part isn't suited for loud notes.

Btw, do you want stars for unrankably hard maps? I'd be more than happy to give them to you, but they will all be "waiting on another difficulty" stars =/.
Topic Starter
EiJi
The difficulty change makes it even harder for me. I see the sliders and forget about the spinners, lawl. What about you?
chan
This is damn hard to play, seriously, too many spinners at really inconvenient times. Otherwise, there's nothing really wrong with this map, but an easier difficulty would definitely be needed.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Added easier versions. Timing is questionable.
Echo
I felt it offset was slightly too early? In any case, try first timing section at 914-ish.

Hard is fine, but I really don't know about Insane... is spinner spam really that necessary?
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
chan
Ok, I'm satisfied with the easy version, even though you labelled it "hard". I'm not fussed with ranking this one.
Topic Starter
EiJi
Pros to the first one to S + full combo Insane. Rolled is working on it, who shall get it first?~
Saturos
Gah. I give up for now.

Combo'd all the spinner shit and the beat spam at 1:53:43....and the I miss one shortly after because my wrist stuck to the mouse pad briefly so I had trouble mousing over far enough. Now I can't replicate it.

S it for me, Rolled.
Rolled
Not very proud of my S... but it's an S none the less.

One hit shy of max though, blah. Fudged up a slider.
sherry6348
Why the song is Seo Taiji but the photo is shinhwa ?