forum

[invalid] Downloading Osu Song Background?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +145
Topic Starter
kikiotsuka
So when I hover my mouse over a song in the song selection screen, the background picture of some of the songs look really nice. (I'm talking about the background picture on the song selection screen, not actually in the game itself). So I know where the files are located (Program Files (x86)/osu!/songs/) but is there a way to quickly access/open the picture from within the game so that I can make it my computer wallpaper? Thanks
XPJ38
(is this a Feature Request?)

Currently, no it is not possible, the only way to do what you want is to go to the osu! folder and look for the BG image in the Songs folder. But beware, BGs are sometimes in low resolution, so you should use Google Reverse Image Search, IQDB.org, SauceNAO or Tineye to find the original picture.
Maiz94

XPJ38 wrote:

(is this a Feature Request?)

kikiotsuka wrote:

is there a way to quickly access/open the picture from within the game
Looks like it is to me.
echiomega
to get all bg image i just type *.jpg on the search bar when i'm in the Song folder. Tested to work for Win7
deadbeat
edit mode > file > open song folder

also at some point, song folders for ranked maps won't be accessible :(
gonna deny this one since there isn't a huge need for this sorry
peppy
Song folders won't be accessible? Says who? o.O

That said, the method deadbeat mentions is the best way to get what you want.
deadbeat
i was under the impression that the song folder for ranked maps wasn't going to be accessible at some point. it was like that on the test build a while ago. but then again i haven't really been keeping up that that much lately x.x
karma_komodo
He is probably talking about when the osz2 is implemented. I remember hearing that the song files were not going to be accesible.
Unknownimous

peppy wrote:

Song folders won't be accessible? Says who? o.O

That said, the method deadbeat mentions is the best way to get what you want.
Oinari-sama
Please don't necro marked threads.