1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
  4. Confirmed Issues
posted
my first time posting

this issue sounds very serious
posted
This problem has very obscure replication steps. You wont need to worry about it happening under normal circumstances.
posted
I have a problem too. I accidentally deleted one song [Shiver- Gazette], but when I redownload and click the song and it disappears, it doesn't appear in the game.
(All my songs disappear after i click them and they get into the game but this song won't come back)
Please help, thanks! :o:o:D:)
posted

SinKamelot wrote:

I have a problem too. I accidentally deleted one song [Shiver- Gazette], but when I redownload and click the song and it disappears, it doesn't appear in the game.
(All my songs disappear after i click them and they get into the game but this song won't come back)
Please help, thanks! :o:o:D:)
Please do not bump this threads. Make a new thread if you have a problem. Also, explain it a bit better, please.
posted
try pressing F5 when in the map select screen.
posted

Trosk- wrote:

Please do not bump this threads.
posted

appledoor wrote:

try pressing F5 when in the map select screen.
The OP even talked about how refreshing didn't work...
And please refer to Underforest's post
posted
Try cutting the Song folder anywhere else except the osu folder then run osu
it will make the osu realize that there are no beatmaps available
Then paste the Song Folder back to the osu folder
posted
now i just wanna add that i found it picks up all your maps if you revert it to fallback mode in the repair osu! launcher & then just update it again, it reads all your maps and recognises them after updating instead of having to mess with the files themselves. like its reading the old files as the old launcher, but the newer ones cant bc of the new format? either way, just keep them in the songs folder & try that, it worked for me. :D
posted
Well today I reinstalled osu cause of a fading problem, I replaced the songs folder's content with the backup, and refreshed ingame and it seemed to recognise.
I dunno if ya all got it fixed already but I thought I whould post this. And I know I'm very late to this party.
posted
I found out how to make it work.

What I did after copying the songs folder is:
1: I enabled hidden files (look it up).
2: Open the new "Data" folder (in AppData>Local>osu!) and copy "bt" and "r" folders from the original PC to the computer you want the new songs on.
3: Also copy all the non-folder files in the main Local>osu! directory EXCEPT for the osu! application file.

This worked for me when I was transferring all my songs from one PC to another, but you may have to be more picky if you only want to add a few songs to your selection.

Hope this helps!