forum

Practice Mode? [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
show more
Ryuukun
instead of adding a whole mode for practice,
how about simply adding a mod called "unranked mode"?
Hanyuu
play it over and over if you want to practice... thats your practice mode and if you dont want to finish the beatmap why try practicing?
anonymous_old

Ryuukun wrote:

Because then it'd be NoFail + SpunOut or NoFail + quit at end.
Ekaru
I want a Practice mod/mode, but here's what it would basically be:

-You can only play through the whole song, starting from the beginning - no skipping, to keep it like EBA and such.
-unranked, of course.

Now, here's the tricky stuff:

-a small light for each hit circle you hit. This would tell you if you hit it early, late, or right on. The earlier the greener, the later the redder, and blue for being right on.
-After you stop spinning in a spinner, I mean right when you stop, a timer starts, and lasts til the spinner itself ends (assuming you stopped spinning before the spinner ended). This would tell you how much time you left.
-At the end, it would compare your current score to your highest score on that map, and tell you the difference.

*waits for the "No."*
Ryuukun

strager wrote:

Ryuukun wrote:

Because then it'd be NoFail + SpunOut or NoFail + quit at end.
huh?
i mean just a mod which won't subbmit your score after you're done playing.
Daru

Ryuukun wrote:

Ryuukun

Daru wrote:

Ryuukun wrote:

[attachment=0:e1aee]Untitled-1.jpg[/attachment:e1aee]
I hate this "find a way" logic.
it doesn't solve anything.
I don't want to log out since i have many contacts in osu D:
Someone said use editor test mode...
whats that?

+ you don't have to fail in online mode just to keep your % (makes the matched more interessting).
mattyu007
Open the map in edit, click "Test"
Ekaru
People have suggested a mod like you wanted before. It got declined.

Just log off, then log back on when you're ready to attempt to finish it. Better yet, just finish it and accept the - accuracy! Wow, what a genius idea!

Accuracy doesn't matter at all. So, just finish it while logged on and take the hit. After all, you deserve what you get. That, is my suggestion. Works well, huh? You don't even have to activate a mod! And man, it's like you're actually play- oh right, you are!
Ryuukun
nah actually i don't give a crap about this mod. (would be usefull though)
what i dislike is this "you can do it already just make this and this and this, then thin and this and tadaaaa it works"

its like

why would you need a fire ladder?
you're living on the second floor...
at worst you'll break yourself a leg or two.
But you won't die.
No fireladder for you!

i saw this now some times here and its the most annoying answer to me.

its Pragmatism if i'm correct and i don't like Pragmatism D:
(sorry if Pragmatism is something different :P)
Starrodkirby86
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Ryuukun wrote:

what i dislike is this "you can do it already just make this and this and this, then thin and this and tadaaaa it works"

its like

But you won't die.
No fireladder for you!

its Pragmatism if i'm correct and i don't like Pragmatism D:
(sorry if Pragmatism is something different :P)
Yes, but this has been declined so you need to work around it.

(peppy: Deny/lock?)
Daru

Ryuukun wrote:

its like

But you won't die.
No fireladder for you!

Well, look at what you asked for: You asked for a way to play without submitting a score.
We don't need an entire mode, which will require coding, testing, debugging, etc., as well as add potential clutter to the UI, when a viable workaround exists.

If these don't fit your needs, then be more specific in your original post. If you find fault in workarounds, then explain where these faults exist, and why they make the workaround unusable. If you don't do so, people will assume that you're aren't knowledgeable of these workarounds, and inform you of them.

"Why build a bridge across a brook?"
"Simplify, simplify, simplify!"

Oh, I'm off-topic. ._.
Ryuukun
don't forget that this is not really my thread^^
Echo
If you want to practice, use no-fail or the like.

There is no reason why practising shouldn't count towards your online rank. If you don't want it to count, log out. There will be no such mod. Test mode will be unavailable pending release of osz2 for maps you did not create.

In short, this has been denied before, and will never be approved.
Jinxy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
13:46 < strager|irc> <Echo> Test mode will be unavailable pending release of osz2 for maps you did not create. // wtf??
13:46 < strager|irc> Won't that impede modding?
13:47 < peppy> strager|irc: only after ranked status
13:47 < peppy> before ranking editor will be available
0_o
sorry for off-topicness, but when are we expecting osz2 to be implemented?
anonymous_old

0_o wrote:

sorry for off-topicness, but when are we expecting osz2 to be implemented?
When it's done.
Zekira
Sea_Food
This shit is so fucking retarded.

Fuck me. I have had a lot of disagreements with the design of this game. Atleast 20 feature request made that have been [invalidated] and other shit like that. But honestly this fucking travesty is worse than literally every other flaw in this game combined, be it a glitch or just bad design.

Bloody hell. How can anyone even call this a competitive game? Its a joke! Its like as there were a rule in boxing that you were not allowed to have sparring matches... ever. Especially in rhythm games. One would expect that a practice mode be the first thing that gets implemented. THE FIRST THING! Like really, a pp system? Why have such a indepth ranking system for a game that is clearly designed just to be "fun" with absolutely no competitive aspect. It just makes no sense.

But sea_food! just use the NF mode to practice
What if I dont want to play the whole song, when only a small part of the song is hard?
But sea_food! you can just go to editor and start playing from what point you want
Test play does not allow Background dim. Test play does not allow disable storyboard. Test play does not allow to play with HT or with DT. Now that I mention it, a practice mode should definetly allow more speed options than that. What if you are trying to pass a song on HT, and want to practice it even slower?
But sea_food! You can just delete the visual effects. You can just delete the start of the beatmap so you can skip to the part you want to practice, then you can use the mods, and filters you want on standard play. You can just create multiple difficulties of the song if you want to practice different specific parts. You can just watch a quick 30minute map editing video so you can create even more difficulties with different speeds, allowing you to play at what ever speeds you want. You can jus...
Shut the fuck up! Good luck doing half of that shit in osu!2 or what ever its called. Also why should I go trough all of those walk arounds just becausa a rythm game, that is turning 10years old this year, does not have a god damn practice mode. Even suggesting any of this just confirms that this feature is necessary. You should not be telling me that bluename denied the feature 7years ago, back when the game did no have even pp1, background dim or any of the other features that even attempted to give osu! some competitive aspect. You should be telling Peppy that its a feature that is absolutely needed.

Not going to apologize for ranting. I was supposed to just Come bump some ancient thread to the front, because I figured it had been suggested before but bluename just beeing too lazy to program it, with there being all the crappy workarounds. But just realized that it was actually [denied]. Compleatly deserved.
Bara-
Why on earth are you bumping this? It's already denied multiple times
Pawsu

Baraatje123 wrote:

Why on earth are you bumping this? It's already denied multiple times