forum

Firefox Or Chrome

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ableh
both
Kitsunemimi
afaik Chrome is faster, but of course, Firefox uses a different interface and has its own features and whatnot, so some people prefer it for those reasons.
vape
Chrome is faster, but we're talking milliseconds here. Considering it's extensibility and often superior functionality, I stick with Firefox. If you're considering switching because of speed, you're doing it for the wrong reason.
UnderminE
my ass or your ass
Liut
IE or Opera
Vyscosity
I like the look/feel of chrome better (it works with my windows visual style better). You're not going to get a noticeable speed difference so just go for personal preference.
Yarissa
Chrome is faster in my experience. But both have their advantages/ disadvantages. I use both.
Kyonko Hizara
both
mathexpert
netscape 4 lyfe
Mianki

UnderminE wrote:

my ass or your ass
both
Varetyr

uguu wrote:

Considering it's extensibility and often superior functionality, I stick with Firefox.
chaee
Used to use firefox.
Shit was slow as fuck and kept on freezing every two seconds.. Firefox also takes up waay too much ram.
Chrome all the way.
milkjuice_old
Chrome for me.
UnderminE

Mianki wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

my ass or your ass
both
<3
Kaona
I'm a Chrome fan.
Zelda

Shinchaechae wrote:

Used to use firefox.
Shit was slow as fuck and kept on freezing every two seconds.. Firefox also takes up waay too much ram.
Chrome all the way.
Firefox takes up 300MB RAM and I only have 5GB RAM free now :( what do, guys ?
Kanye West
Chrome wins. Next.
XPJ38
Lynx.

No images and Javascript = light speed rendering
VoidnOwO
Damn straight.

firefox
Quaraezha
People who capitalize "Or"
Cropzy
Chrome is botnet and does not respect your privacy. Firefox is good but use a different build of it, such as aurora (What I use), nightly or waterfox.

Firefox is better as it is more customisable and respects your freedom.

never use IE or opera.

Palemoon and lynx are good too.
Foxtrot
heads

or tails?
Mianki
I want heads.
warwolfz
Firefox :)
Kitsunemimi
Firefox :3
Oinari-sama
I used to be a Firefox fan till Chrome 4 came out. Chrome just loads (starts) way faster for me, despite having similar number of extensions to my Firefox.
Nya-nyan_old
I used Chrome before, but something weird happened to it -_- so I don't use it anymore.
So I begin to use Firefox and Opera
UnderminE

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Firefox :3
oh you
Macacito
Internet explorer forever

an
Justykanna
Firefox kept giving me the stupid *Firefox is still running and must be closed (when I previously closed with already) and must be reset in order to open again.* Like... what.
After a few months of dealing with that garbage, I switched to Chrome.
mathexpert

Justykanna wrote:

Firefox kept giving me the stupid *Firefox is still running and must be closed (when I previously closed with already) and must be reset in order to open again.* Like... what.
Yeah, I've had it multiple times as well. It doesn't happen often, but I wonder what that's about..
dNextGen

Justykanna wrote:

yeah this keeps happening to me aswell when i used it
Jinxy
I don't know what that error is but what I do know is that Firefox runs like ass on my laptop and has laggy Flash while Chrome is basically better at everything else.

Except when opening facebook, that always freezes on chrome but I don't really care about that one page.
Kitsunemimi

Jinxy wrote:

I don't know what that error is but what I do know is that Firefox runs like ass on my laptop and has laggy Flash while Chrome is basically better at everything else.
...W-Well your laptop just sucks and it's.... it's too slow for Firefox's sophisticated workings so.. so like..!
S-So it's not Firefox-tan that's slow, it's your computer's fault! >A<

..... ;~;

But, well yeah, Chrome is kind of faster at everything. .3.
Flanster
Chrome hands down
Justykanna

mathexpert9981 wrote:

Yeah, I've had it multiple times as well. It doesn't happen often, but I wonder what that's about..
It's happened all the time, was incredibly annoying. Could never find why it did that.
VoidnOwO

Justykanna wrote:

Reset?
Kitsunemimi

Justykanna wrote:

mathexpert9981 wrote:

It's happened all the time, was incredibly annoying. Could never find why it did that.
It means you were closing Firefox and you tried to open it again without the previous one fully closing. Firefox only runs one instance at a time, so since it's still trying to close, it won't be able to reinitiate its process, meaning it needs a new process to start again; which obviously it can't do because it hasn't finished closing yet.

This wouldn't happen if you don't try to open Firefox again so soon after closing it, and if you just had a faster computer.
VoidnOwO
My computer should be way more than capable of fully closing firefox in under a couple of minutes.
But since it's not, I always killed the process with task manager to be able to open a new one immediately ._.

Edit: Whenever it got stuck, bad wording. -__-
show more