forum

[CANCELLED] | Troupe of Snerps | osu! Grand Tourney 2013

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KayaArune
The tournament has been cancelled. We apologize to all those who signed up and participated.

"Welcome to the 1st osu! Grand Tourney of 2013, hosted by Troupe of Snerps. We feature plenty of osu! fun; including lots of osu! Standard, Catch the Beat, rankings, fabulous rewards and more! Matches are hosted on a daily basis for a week, tallies are taken afterwards. It doesn’t matter if you’re just beginning to play osu!, or a long-time veteran; if you’re in for the prizes and like a challenge or just want to have fun-- join, have a blast and go home with an armful of goodies! Sign-up is 100% free."
Hi, KayaArune here! I'm feeling pretty anxious. Kamiashe and I will be hosting an osu! tournament this year, for our first time!

Of course, this might just be another osu! contest; but we're hoping to make it a huge success (plus there are lots of prizes that you might want to see)!

There will many players competing in osu! Standard and Catch the Beat. (maybe we'll see some Taiko next year if there are enough requests *stares*... C:)

But anyways, a series of many matches will be held over the span of one week beginning July 6, 2013.

If you have a Skype, you'll be added into the Troupe of Snerps osu! Grand Tourney 2013 (that's a mouthful of words) chatroom.

Registration is simple, free, and easy (that's what they all say, ne?), and only takes a second. Click banner in my signature and head on over to the official document on Google Drive to check it out! All the details can be found there.

Registration ends on July 4th.

Hope to see you there!

(NOTE: The Troupe of Snerps osu! Grand Tourney is a fan-made tournament that is not hosted by site staff, but by players Kamiashe and KayaArune.)

(P.S: The banner is right down here. v v v)
Tshemmp
How excatly does the tournament format look like? Multiplayer 1v1? Bo5 rounds? Double elimination? Map pools? Mods? What about the different time zones? Skill brackets?

Anyway, looks interesting. Organizing an event like this is a ton of work, so good luck! :>
uzzi
Registration is open from June 6....
Wat.
Topic Starter
KayaArune

Tshemmp wrote:

How excatly does the tournament format look like? Multiplayer 1v1? Bo5 rounds? Double elimination? Map pools? Mods? What about the different time zones? Skill brackets?

Anyway, looks interesting. Organizing an event like this is a ton of work, so good luck! :>
Hi! Each match room will have four contestants, and the player with the best/highest score will proceed to compete with another player.
You can kinda imagine it like this:

Of course, it'll vary greatly depending on the amount of people who sign up. But that's the rough idea! c:

Mods will not be allowed.

Time zones will be discussed with everyone and we'll try our best to configure a suitable time for when a match can be held that all participants can attend.

We'll probably determine skill levels by letter grades achieved on different maps, but we'll figure it out and change it as we go along.
Topic Starter
KayaArune

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Registration is open from June 6....
Wat.
Haha, yeah. Registration opened a while ago, but only now did I decide to post this in the forums. OTL||
lolcubes
Limit of players?
Prizes?
Schedule?

You need to be way more informative about this because not only people have no idea what they are getting into, but they also might get disinterested.
thelewa
I'M ALREADY INTERESTED AS FUCK
TBTE
I'M IN HERE NOW YAY WOOOOOOOOOOO
Kethsar
I'm in. Can't wait for this. Best tournament ever.
Topic Starter
KayaArune

lolcubes wrote:

Limit of players?
Prizes?
Schedule?

You need to be way more informative about this because not only people have no idea what they are getting into, but they also might get disinterested.
There isn't a limit to the amount of players.
The prizes are listed in the document and the schedule will be announced on the starting day of the tournament.
Uni
I'm in
Tshemmp
How many maps are going to be played each match? I am in btw.
Topic Starter
KayaArune

Tshemmp wrote:

How many maps are going to be played each match? I am in btw.
Only a few maps, around 5 or 8 since there are going to be a lot of matches. You'll probably have to ask Kouriri on this one though, since I'm not in charge of beatmaps and matches. ^^;;
Hiryuu_old
You had my interest but now i read and you have my attention. I'm in
Some1
Seems interesting
Kafaru
Signed up! This seems really interesting.
zozozofun
Count me in.
ichinisan_old
It ctb? I want to participate
Topic Starter
KayaArune

ichinisan wrote:

It ctb? I want to participate
Yes, there is ctb and osu!standard.
Topic Starter
KayaArune
Sorry for the delay everyone, we had some troubles with the badges but they're almost done now! c:
Dooms
No Taiko ;~;.

I'm still in though of course. XD Excited! c:
_koinuri
I think I'll need to forfeit, I have a high chance of not having internet for a while after Wednesday :(
Scarlet Devil_old_1
I'm in
Topic Starter
KayaArune

Loli -[Koinuri] wrote:

I think I'll need to forfeit, I have a high chance of not having internet for a while after Wednesday :(

Aaaw, okay.
Are you sure you still don't want to participate? :> either wayyougetrewardsforwinningorlosing.
Topic Starter
KayaArune
Registration closes after today.
Happy fourth of July, btw. c:
CXu
Eh ok let's try this.
Topic Starter
KayaArune
Registration is closed <3

Match information will be posted here later!
show more