forum

Unable to press fast enough?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
loona100
I've recently been trying to play more insane songs, and one that has me really fustrated is http://osu.ppy.sh/s/43728 on lunatic.
The beginning with the 5 note streams is simply too fast for me to press. the two times where I luckily got past the beginning simply by chance I also pass the song. I can read the song fine I can play every other part just fine except for the beginning, I just can't press my keys fast enough to do so many 5 streams. What are some ways I can improve the speed of which I press keys? I do alternate between two keys at the moment.
Aqo
There is only one way to improve at streams. Practice streams.

Also, the map has longer streams past the beginning. It's weird that you'd have trouble with the beginning and not with the rest.

http://puu.sh/3aC0H + http://puu.sh/3aC5c retry those two maps 20 times every day for a week and your problems will be solved at least for the scope of maps of that level.
Full Tablet
Just keep playing maps with fast streams, starting with maps with 150bpm streams, for example, and moving progressively to faster maps.

If you practice maps that are much faster that you can handle make sure you don't just mash the keys to try to get more accuracy.
Purple

Aqo wrote:

And caffeine and a mech keyboard and hand/forearm exercises/activities
Aqo

Purple wrote:

I tried every single one of those for months and they had absolutely

ZERO

effect

The ONLY way to improve at streams is by playing streams.
lolcubes
From my own experience, I play the best about 2 hours after I wake up, if I had a healthy meal (obviously have to be well rested).
Seriously, sometimes I feel I can chain deathstreams with the stamina I get, however such days happen like once in 2 months only. ;_;
Zakdawg
From my own experience playing maps such as the ones Aqo linked helps nothing.

Instead I found maps with many short streams, triples and doubles to be far better. I currently like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/4651# as warm up for stream maps.
Else combine it with lolcubes's advice and make sure you are well rested.
Purple

Aqo wrote:

Purple wrote:

ZERO

effect

Well that's just silly
You did something wrong
TakuMii

Purple wrote:

Aqo wrote:

mechanical keyboard only helps your streams with stamina
it won't magically make your fingers move faster
El Koko

Aqo wrote:

There is only one way to improve at this game. Practice.
Knarf

Kokozord wrote:

Aqo wrote:

There is only one way to improve at this game. Practice.
Yes, just pratise. But it might be annoying, so just play easier maps :) , which I am used to doing.
lolcubes

YayMii wrote:

mechanical keyboard only helps your streams with stamina
it won't magically make your fingers move faster
That only depends on what your previous keyboard was.

Obviously fingers will not move faster, but that extra stamina you achieve can be a huge difference. My old keyboard had insanely hard keys (black switch doesn't even compare, it was a slim keyboard too), and when I swapped to black switch, the change was magical. And yes, it allowed me to go way faster than I could before, just cause keys work differently.
pielak213
­
Aqo

pielak213- wrote:

aqo maps actually helps you if you do them a few times a day (they're just boring)
maybe I'm weird but I actually have more fun playing those maps
compared to like
1/2 sliders
which maps today are filled with
Victoire

Aqo wrote:

pielak213- wrote:

aqo maps actually helps you if you do them a few times a day (they're just boring)
maybe I'm weird but I actually have more fun playing those maps
compared to like
1/2 sliders
which maps today are filled with
As someone who is only rank 46k, cannot get S ranks on 99% of insane beatmaps out there, and cannot stream at any considerable speed, I love/hate you for those two beatmaps. Thank/screw you.
Liut

Aqo wrote:

Purple wrote:

ZERO

effect

this is like saying "you get better at running only by running, doing any other kind of gym/fisic exercise is useless" which is totally wrong
anyway OP, i'm slow as fuck my self, but i can tell that those streams are totally passable just by knowing the basics of streaming/smashing keys
MostDakka
Practicing streams is only thing i did past 2 months and belive me my speed hasn't increased one inch[acc did but i wasnt bad in the first place]. I just cant click more than ~180 bpm without using all my strenght and i rly don feel like hurting myself. So i'm sticking myself to max 170 bpm streams. Maybe one day i will click faster but for now its not possible for me. I even changed keyboards to look if it will change anything[currently its my 3rd kb, 2nd mech one 1st mech one broke after some time] and it doesnt make any diffrence. I wish i could work on consistency on streams but its simply not possible if i cant even click fast enough. And I'm one of those alternating players so its somewhat weird for me that i cant simply click faster.
buny

Liut wrote:

this is like saying "you get better at running only by running, doing any other kind of gym/fisic exercise is useless" which is totally wrong
anyway OP, i'm slow as fuck my self, but i can tell that those streams are totally passable just by knowing the basics of streaming/smashing keys
no it's not, because something like streaming has to do with the rhythm of it, not smashing keys. Running is just running and can be excelled by actually just training your muscles which won't help you if you did the same thing for streaming.
Running is SO basic. There is no rhythm you have to follow, there is no practice either. If running was to be moving your legs up and down as fast as you can then the only way to improve would be to keep running or simulate a running experience
astelios

Aqo wrote:

Also, the map has longer streams past the beginning. It's weird that you'd have trouble with the beginning and not with the rest.

http://puu.sh/3aC0H + http://puu.sh/3aC5c retry those two maps 20 times every day for a week and your problems will be solved at least for the scope of maps of that level.
thank you very much for those maps ^^
Naikaze

Purple wrote:

Aqo wrote:

ZERO

effect

Well that's just silly
You did something wrong
He's right actually.
HMF
I used to be in a very similar position where I was stuck at rank 10,000 and couldn't progress simply because I couldn't stream. 180 was my max and I practised all the time (try this map if you haven't https://osu.ppy.sh/s/33651 one of my favourite maps in general) but I would never progress. Then I confronted my fear of DT and began using it on lower difficulty maps. Using DT really increased my single tap speed but the one thing that increased with my single tap was streaming. Without knowing I had gone from 180 to 210 in a week. Also help me score much higher on maps where HR HD is just unpleasant.
jesse1412

Storm2344 wrote:

Practicing streams is only thing i did past 2 months and belive me my speed hasn't increased one inch[acc did but i wasnt bad in the first place]. I just cant click more than ~180 bpm without using all my strenght and i rly don feel like hurting myself. So i'm sticking myself to max 170 bpm streams. Maybe one day i will click faster but for now its not possible for me. I even changed keyboards to look if it will change anything[currently its my 3rd kb, 2nd mech one 1st mech one broke after some time] and it doesnt make any diffrence. I wish i could work on consistency on streams but its simply not possible if i cant even click fast enough. And I'm one of those alternating players so its somewhat weird for me that i cant simply click faster.
If it doesn't hurt then it's not practice. You didn't practice, you played.